Canada's oil imports from Saudi Arabia on the rise

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+5

If only Canada was lucky enough to sit on the world's third largest oil reserves and could better meet domestic demand in Canada through something, let's say a pipeline, that had the ability to move energy east.

https://context.capp.ca/energy-matte...ia-on-the-rise

taxslave
Free Thinker
+5
But Saudi oil doesn't have to move through pristine waters in a pipe.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+6
If those fools want to pay more for their fuel, i say have at 'er... Hell, they can get their LNGs from the Qatar while they're at it, I'm good with that

Girth
+4
Canada: The only first World nation dumb enough to shoot itself in the foot, when it comes to exporting our natural resources.

Canada: The only nation who gives billions in public funding to a Government broadcaster, who then in turn goes against Canadian interests by demonizing the Canadian energy sector.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
I guess that a West that wishes us to "freeze in the dark" is not a very reliable source of energy.

Better to get it from an absolute monarchy.

Girth
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I guess that a West that wishes us to "freeze in the dark" is not a very reliable source of energy.

If you buy Saudi Arabian oil, you are buying from a country that denies many human rights, allows men to hurt or even kil their wives for certain "crimes" and produces some of the World's most infamous terrorists.

Or you can be a good human being and buy Canadian...

As for the quote, Ralph Klein said that in the early 80s. In comparison, after losing the 1980 independence referendum, Rene Levesque was quoted as saying that he hoped "all English Canadians had daughters who grew up to be whore, with scorching cases of Herpes." If your daughter has any strange rashes with fluid filled blisters on her naughty bits, it is probably because Rene Levesque want her to have it.
Last edited by Girth; 2 weeks ago at 10:24 PM..

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+4

Agreed... Say, maybe they will pay some taxes into the kitty to support your geriatric population out East.

.... Good luck on that

petros
+2
It's not Saudi Arabia E Canada gets the majority its imported oil from. It's the USA.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+5
It's all one to me... When SK and AB start to trade like China, then we might see better traction with the US.

As far as Eastern Canada is concerned, they are more than welcome to source their energy from where ever they want, just don't come bleating and crying when these other nations get you over a barrel on price

Tecumsehsbones
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

It's all one to me... When SK and AB start to trade like China, then we might see better traction with the US.
As far as Eastern Canada is concerned, they are more than welcome to source their energy from where ever they want, just don't come bleating and crying when these other nations get you over a barrel on price

They do. The fiction that "Canada gets its oil from Canada" or from anyplace else, is just silly.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

They do. The fiction that "Canada gets its oil from Canada" or from anyplace else, is just silly.

Where does Canada get it's oil from?

Caveat: Include Canadian produced oil into the analysis

Curious Cdn
Conservative

Most of us get it from overseas. About a quarter of Canada gets Canadian oil, if that much even.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+4

Most of us get it from overseas. About a quarter of Canada gets Canadian oil, if that much even.

Where are you getting this from even Ont. is getting 40% of it's Oil from Western Canada, and I'm willing to guess that you personally are getting 100% of your Oil and refined fuel from Western Canada, see Sarnia. About 75% of Canada uses Canadian Oil, do I have to bring up the stats for you again? Only Ont. and Quebec are basically subsidising their Oil with foreign entities, the East coast is a little as well, but Hibernia and Sable Island fields almost produces enough to handle demand.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+4

Really good point, in fact, most folks in AB get their oil from Madagascar because, you know, it's so much cheaper to transport by boat than by pipeline

petros
+2

If PetroCanada were still a Crown what would things look like?

petros
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Where are you getting this from even Ont. is getting 40% of it's Oil from Western Canada, and I'm willing to guess that you personally are getting 100% of your Oil and refined fuel from Western Canada, see Sarnia. About 75% of Canada uses Canadian Oil, do I have to bring up the stats for you again? Only Ont. and Quebec are basically subsidising their Oil with foreign entities, the East coast is a little as well, but Hibernia and Sable Island fields almost produces enough to handle demand.

petros
+3
Line 9 made the difference but still full of boil n burn kerogen from the US.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Line 9 made the difference but still full of boil n burn kerogen from the US.

Maybe some Pete it was mainly reversed for Suncor Montreal that wanted to refine their own Oil from Ft. Mac.

p.s. I should have added the Petro-Canada refinery they acquired when they bought them out a few years back

Curious Cdn
Conservative

Really good point, in fact, most folks in AB get their oil from Madagascar because, you know, it's so much cheaper to transport by boat than by pipeline

Madagascar is a more secure source then the blackmailers in Alberta.

Anywhere but Western Canada .... unless you want to freeze in the dark, some day.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+6

Anywhere but Western Canada .... unless you want to freeze in the dark, some day.

Another intelligent and thoughtful response.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+5

Like most Yankees he thinks we all live in igloos and use whale oil for our lamps.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+7
#22  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

If PetroCanada were still a Crown what would things look like?

Head office would be in Montreal. Production would suck and taxpayers would still be subsidizing the oil industry.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+6
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Like most Yankees he thinks we all live in igloos and use whale oil for our lamps.

On the upside though, the dog sleds use little oil and are extra more gooder for the environment.

i wonder if Curious might start a movement to have oil transported throughout Canada by dog teams?

Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Head office would be in Montreal. Production would suck and taxpayers would still be subsidizing the oil industry.

No doubt that they would need 3 X the management to help reduce profits and use that as an excuse to raise the price at the pumps

Girth
+2

On the upside though, the dog sleds use little oil and are extra more gooder for the environment.
i wonder if Curious might start a movement to have oil transported throughout Canada by dog teams?

Thank you. This post made my day, and made me laugh out loud.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+3

What was the name of that farm boy bully that hurt you? I might find time to look him up and ask him to write an apology to you.

Girth
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

What was the name of that farm boy bully that hurt you? I might find time to look him up and ask him to write an apology to you.

Have you seen the movie "Deliverance?"

Curious Cdn may have experienced a brutal sexual assault. It may have been very traumatic for him. Hence the animosity towards the West.
Last edited by Girth; 2 weeks ago at 03:20 PM..

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+4
Yep, but he is Sask. triggered from the days before his Papa moved him from Regina to Ontario.

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+5
Quebec is down to less than 5 days of natgas. Gosh, if only there were some reliable method of transporting things like natgas and oil across land. Hmmmm, oh hey I know. Bear with me here this may sound crazy but, what if we built a bunch of tubes and then joined those tubes together in a "line", pressurize it and send oil through it. Or, figure out a way to liquify natgas and ship it via these lines of tubes. We could call them 'tubelines' and build several of them.

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+5

Madagascar is a more secure source

Yeah, because they don't have a bunch of whiny f*cks with their panties in a twist over some fake man-made climate crisis.

Funny how you berate Alberta as a not secure source of oil when it's been Eastern and BC politicians working hard to f*ck over the oil industry. And yet you blame Albertans for it.

F*ck man, you're part of the goddam problem with Canada. I publicly said some pretty nasty stuff about Robert Bourassa after he claimed that Canada wasn't a real country. It's something a deeply regret as an action of impetuous youth. The fact is, Robert was right. This isn't a real country.

Groper too, was right when he said Canada has no core culture or core identity. I hated him for saying it but he was right. Because at its core, Canada isn't a real country. It's a loose federation of constantly squabbling regions who only give a shit about what they want and to hell with the ROC. And you sir, are one of the squabblers.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

Have you seen the movie "Deliverance?"
Curious Cdn may have experienced a brutal sexual assault. It may have been very traumatic for him. Hence the animosity towards the West.

On the contrary, I come from a family of Westerners.