B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+4
Sask. to argue in court in favour of Trans Mountain pipeline

https://www.ckom.com/2019/11/04/sask...tain-pipeline/

petros
+5
#2  Top Rated Post
It's impossible to tie SK oil to the oilsands and it is possible to tie Husky layoffs to landlocked SK oil.

Direct economic damage.

Why not sue the Tar Sands Campaign for said damages while at it?

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+5
Canadian taxpayers should sue all these organizations for our money back, launching all these challenges and frivolous law suits on the taxpayer dime should be illegal

Girth
+3 / -2
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Canadian taxpayers should sue all these organizations for our money back, launching all these challenges and frivolous law suits on the taxpayer dime should be illegal

It's time the Government of Manitoba updated the infrastructure to the Port of Churchill. If the Prairie provinces can get oil through Hudson Bay to markets in Europe and Asia, we can bypass BC, and everybody wins.

Girth
+2 / -2

I think that is what Australia is doing. I don't have time to Google it, but I believe they are passing laws against this kind of activity.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+1
See below..

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

I think that is what Australia is doing. I don't have time to Google it, but I believe they are passing laws against this kind of activity.

Sorta, frivolous lawsuit registry

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vexatious_litigation

https://www.thisweknow.org/australia...om-filing-more

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1

It's time the Government of Manitoba updated the infrastructure to the Port of Churchill. If the Prairie provinces can get oil through Hudson Bay to markets in Europe and Asia, we can bypass BC, and everybody wins.

Small window for shipping but I think it was looked at a couple of times as an option

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
Trumpites triggered by rule of law

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+4

Small window for shipping but I think it was looked at a couple of times as an option

Russia has a handful of nuke powered ice breakers that operate to help transit loads through their arctic waters

Twin_Moose
Conservative
That's true costly not impossible, probably wouldn't cost anymore than sending it by train.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+4

That's true costly not impossible, probably wouldn't cost anymore than sending it by train.

The value is in NOT having to treat with BC, Que or Ontario

Girth
I must have really got under DaSleeper and Curious Cdn skin. They down vote every post I write lol

DaSleeper

I must have really got under DaSleeper and Curious Cdn skin. They down vote every post I write lol

Maybe it's just pay-back for what YOU do!

Girth
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Russia has a handful of nuke powered ice breakers that operate to help transit loads through their arctic waters

We could certainly use one of those for the Port of Churchill.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+4

WE have discussed that before in various threads. First globull warming would have to be real for Churchill to be ice free most of the year. Asia is quicker from BC. Bu there is also a good chance Eagle spirit will go ahead. Then the tankers just throw prop wash into trudOWE's pristine tanker ban area and all the jobs and money bypass BC.

petros
+5
What tanker ban? US and Russian tankers sail the coastline daily.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Trumpites triggered by rule of law

Blooming idiot Triggered by Trumpites

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Blooming idiot Triggered by Trumpites

Trumpite thinks he’s something other than hilarious

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+2

Sorry to make you angry.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+3

Clearly you are upset, calm down before you have a mental breakdown

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+2

Clearly you are upset, calm down before you have a mental breakdown

He's embarrassed that he's a blooming idiot

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+3
Moe to speak about carbon tax, equalization, with Trudeau

Quote:

Saskatchewan Premier Scott Moe will meet with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau this Tuesday, the premier’s office announced in a statement.
The statement said the premier will speak about the “inequitable equalization formula, putting a one-year pause on the carbon tax” and expanding the province’s market access.
“We are proposing reasonable actions the Prime Minister and his minority government can take that will show he is prepared to address the concerns and frustrations of Saskatchewan people,” said the Premier in the statement.
The meeting follows two letter Moe sent Trudeau after the latter's measured success in the recent federal election, during which the Liberal Party won enough seats to form a minority government.

Tecumsehsbones

Good idea. fight frivolous lawsuits with a frivolous lawsuit.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

What tanker ban? US and Russian tankers sail the coastline daily.

Of course they do, but they are not carrying dirty Canadian oil to export markets so they will not cause any environmental damage.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

He's embarrassed that he's a blooming idiot

I doubt it. It is how he gets attention.