Is It Really About Canadian Culture?

NorthrnMystique
This thread ''Canadian Culture''....such as you quacks define it....is the detritus of Canadian intellectual thought.

Nuggler
Thanks for setting us straight, Northern Mistake.

I thought I lost my detritus, and it was here all the time.

Misplaced my flostsam, though, you gotsam??

Welcome to CC, Mistquack. Enjoy.

shadowshiv
Yes, calling all the other posters 'quacks' is certainly a good way to endear yourself here.

darkbeaver
What is Canadian culture? We eat and drink and breath as consumers of American products including it's culture so while NorthrnMystics full frontal offends some the subject is hugely open for debate, especially while we're being swallowed whole by our planet eating nieghbours aided by our dirtbag politicians who suck so bad and by our champions of industry who suck worse.

Niflmir
Canoeing is part of culture. We are apparently well known for it. The bizarre relationship that exists between those that speak french and those that speak english. Caring so much about the Amazon as we cavalierly hack the shield to pieces. Never thinking about drinking water when we are thirsty. Mountains, forests and lakes.

I have seen the wind.

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

What is Canadian culture? We eat and drink and breath as consumers of American products including it's culture so while NorthrnMystics full frontal offends some the subject is hugely open for debate, especially while we're being swallowed whole by our planet eating nieghbours aided by our dirtbag politicians who suck so bad and by our champions of industry who suck worse.

Not bloody likely. Having the big hungry neighbor is a fact of life but I believe I can think for myself. Sure, we buy a lot of American stuff, but we also sell Americans a pile of stuff. Most of what I eat and drink is made here. They are our biggest customer and we are theirs. Agree about the 'dirtbag politicians' though.

s_lone
Quote: Originally Posted by NorthrnMystique View Post

This thread ''Canadian Culture''....such as you quacks define it....is the detritus of Canadian intellectual thought.

Why don't you do something about it and feed us with the high Canadian cultural stuff?

Zan

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

Not bloody likely. Having the big hungry neighbor is a fact of life but I believe I can think for myself. Sure, we buy a lot of American stuff, but we also sell Americans a pile of stuff. Most of what I eat and drink is made here. They are our biggest customer and we are theirs. Agree about the 'dirtbag politicians' though.

Yes of course YOU can bloody think for yourself! SPP (security prosperity and pork) will very soon swallow Canadian as well as American and Mexican soverignty all behind our backs and carried out by our poisonous politicians at the behest of our dear corporate elite who don't care about an abstract thing like culture or Canada.

haha nice cartoon Zan--says alot-- what happened to the guy that used to post all the neat toons here? was that joecanadian? I likes cartoons yes I does precious

jellyfarm

Canadian intellectual thought has never been defined and labelling the 'Kuh-nadies' here as quacks isn't going to put us any 'duck beaks' ahead than they already are... coz it's all water off the ducks back.

And welcome on board the forums. We hope you have a pleasant journey flying with us. Exit doors are on your left and right and if somewhere along the way, you feel like taking a quacks dive, please do.