21.9% of Canadians are immigrants (legal), the highest share in 85 years: StatsCan


mentalfloss
+1 / -1
#1
And yet, no greater threat of terrorism.

What a shame.


21.9% of Canadians are immigrants, the highest share in 85 years: StatsCan

The share of immigrants in Canada has reached its highest level in almost a century, according to 2016 census figures released Wednesday.

The Statistics Canada data also shows the Indigenous population is growing at more than four times the rate of the non-Indigenous population, reaching nearly 1.7 million in 2016.

These are some of the findings of the latest data set from the 2016 census, focusing on the population related to immigration, ethnocultural diversity, housing and Indigenous people.

The numbers come just days before the annual immigration levels are set to be tabled in the House of Commons by the Liberal government. The levels were set at 300,000 per year in 2017.​

The census figures show 21.9 per cent of Canadians report being or having been an immigrant or permanent resident, nearly matching the high of 22.3 per cent in 1921 and up from 19.8 per cent in 2006. The number was slightly higher than 21.9 per cent in 1931 too.

Statistics Canada estimates immigrants could represent up to 30 per cent of all Canadians by 2036.

21.9% of Canadians are immigrants, the highest share in 85 years: StatsCan - Politics - CBC News


 
MHz
+1
#2
Doh. Let me guess the children are also classified as immigrants rather than Canadians even though they were born here.
How about some real stats and show the breakdown of where they came from. If there are more from Europe than the Mid-east then the EU should be restricted. In that breakdown include the money they brought with them so we can see if buying your way in is quite acceptable.
 
Johnnny
No Party Affiliation
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

How about some real stats and show the breakdown of where they came from. If there are more from Europe than the Mid-east then the EU should be restricted.

Read the whole article.
 
MHz
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

Read the whole article.

I did. They should have broke down the stats to see why it is a problem just recently. If we don't want to take in poor Muslims we should stop supporting blowing yo their cities. Not that hard to figure out really.

https://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/11-630...016006-eng.htm
 
Hoid
-1
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

I did. They should have broke down the stats to see why it is a problem just recently. If we don't want to take in poor Muslims we should stop supporting blowing yo their cities. Not that hard to figure out really.

https://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/11-630...016006-eng.htm

Its great to see us finally getting away from the European and Anglo immigrants.
 
White_Unifier
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Its great to see us finally getting away from the European and Anglo immigrants.

Why? I don't think we should encourage or discourage immigration from any particular country. Let's just open our borders and let people live their lives.
 
Hoid
-1
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Why?

We already have plenty of white people with entitlement issues on welfare thank you.
 
MHz
+1
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Why? I don't think we should encourage or discourage immigration from any particular country. Let's just open our borders and let people live their lives.

We certainly never did that in the past.
http://ccrweb.ca/en/hundred-years-im...nada-1900-1999
A hundred years of immigration to Canada 1900 - 1999


A chronology focusing on refugees and discrimination

Part 1: 1900 - 1949
Last edited by MHz; Oct 26th, 2017 at 03:50 PM..
 
Kreskin
+1
#9
Really, you have to paste something longer than War and Peace?
 
DaSleeper
+2
#10  Top Rated Post
 
MHz
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Really, you have to paste something longer than War and Peace?

It looked way better as a chart. There is only one topic the collective cares about anyway, the one that is never mentioned.
 
Kreskin
#12
This is a discussion board not a novel reading contest.
 
DaSleeper
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

It looked way better as a chart. There is only one topic the collective cares about anyway, the one that is never mentioned.

And you bitched yesterday because my Short and I mean short chart didn't format right

Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Total is over 12,000% You working for the Clintons now??

Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

And In Alberta

Christian Heritage PartyErnest Chauvet 605 2.9 %
NDP-New Democratic PartyShawna Gawreluck 1,606 7.7 %
LiberalBrian Gold 2,508 12.0 %

Conservative Dane Lloyd 16,125 77.4 %


Percentage underlined for those too lazy to click the link
Election Night Results - Electoral Districts

Sturgeon River-Parkland Conservative Association

Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

A real man would have said something like 'Oops, here are the correct numbers.' Maybe next lifetime.

If you would proofread your posts nobody would have to as you (supposedly) supplied the numbers yourself. See how it goes for trolls when they are imploding. Fear not, once you come out the other side all will be good. Want the post where your implosion started in earnest?? You may not make a comeback here but on your next forum they will love you from the very start.

So Dude ....... Take your damn pills
Last edited by DaSleeper; Oct 26th, 2017 at 04:05 PM..
 
Vbeacher
+2
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Its great to see us finally getting away from the European and Anglo immigrants.

According to Immigration Canada, the most economically successful immigrants are from England and Ireland, the US, and then northern Europe. The least economically successful immigrants are from the middle east and China.

Immigrants from Europe have similar skillsets, come from places with similar secular, democratic cultures, and have a high familiarity with English. The immigrants from elsewhere have little familiarity with our culture, and often have values hostile to it, and little to no familiarity with the language.

This study echoes a similar one done ten years earlier.

So why is it you want to get away from economically successful immigrants?
 
White_Unifier
-1
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Vbeacher View Post

According to Immigration Canada, the most economically successful immigrants are from England and Ireland, the US, and then northern Europe. The least economically successful immigrants are from the middle east and China.

Immigrants from Europe have similar skillsets, come from places with similar secular, democratic cultures, and have a high familiarity with English. The immigrants from elsewhere have little familiarity with our culture, and often have values hostile to it, and little to no familiarity with the language.

This study echoes a similar one done ten years earlier.

So why is it you want to get away from economically successful immigrants?

Based on that logic, we should just legalize woman-on-woman, woman-on-man, and man-on-man sexual assault because statistically man-on-woman sexual assault is somewhat more common than the others. speaking of 'European' cultures, I thought they all valued personal as opposed to group responsibility. With the above in mind, would a points system not be more equitable than ethnically-based immigration policies?
 
Johnnny
No Party Affiliation
+1
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Based on that logic, we should just legalize woman-on-woman, woman-on-man, and man-on-man sexual assault because statistically man-on-woman sexual assault is somewhat more common than the others.

Wtf?
 
White_Unifier
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

Wtf?

How does that not follow the same logic that because European immigrants are supposedly more successful than others on average, we should therefore favour them as a group rather than consider each case individually?
 
MHz
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

This is a discussion board not a novel reading contest.

Looks more like a picture posting contest most of the time.
How can you discuss things if you don't read them?? One sentence is about the attention span and that is overdoing it for most posters.

You sure this isn'y a self absorbed meeting of the collective and nothing else?? How many people have been chased away in the last decade because of the constant badgering from the very same posters who are part of the same organized hate group. There is only one view that is tolerated even though it is by the most racist group on the planet. You may despise me for my posts but the world in general despises your whole collective.
 
Vbeacher
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Based on that logic, we should just legalize woman-on-woman, woman-on-man, and man-on-man sexual assault because statistically man-on-woman sexual assault is somewhat more common than the others. speaking of 'European' cultures, I thought they all valued personal as opposed to group responsibility. With the above in mind, would a points system not be more equitable than ethnically-based immigration policies?

Your analogy lacks logic. Canada has been trying to get the best immigrants for decades, but a number of reports attest to the deteriorating economic success of immigrants here over their predecessors. It's very hard to pick 'winners' the way we do it. For example, very few, about 10% of potential immigrants are ever interviewed. Their applications are processed at a distance, and it's quite hard to see who is and is not adaptable, or even verify their academic credentials given the notorious corruption in much of Asia.

Equitable? This is in keeping with the attitude among so many on the Left who treat our immigration system like some kind of world social safety net, happy to offer people better lives. But that's not its purpose. Its purpose is to find the best possible immigrants for Canada, without regard to the fairness to those who might want to come here.

We have a very progressive tax system. The lower 30% of income earners pay no income tax. The lower 50% of income earners are responsible for only 3% of income tax. That means this country and its bills are carried by the rest. We want immigrants who are going to go into that top half, and pay taxes, not into the bottom half, and need to have their government services, like health care, subsidized by others.

According to the Fraser Institute the disparity between what immigrants pay and what they consume in services amounts to some $30 billion per year. That's money we might be able to use for things like better health care and education, or by lowering taxes. The most economically successful immigrants are Europeans, followed by Indians and Filipinos (probably because of their familiarity with English), so we should focus on these places ahead of all others.
 
MHz
-1
#20
So the refugees we help create can go fuk themselves in other words? Rather than invite in only the rich and well educated how about we leave them where they are so they can fix the country that they belong to? (rather than bail with all the loot they can gather by any means)
 
Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+2
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

And yet, no greater threat of terrorism.

What a shame.


What a sub-moronic "observation". As if all 21.9% are muslims. Funfact: Over the same period that there was a two-fold increase in hate crimes against muslims, hate crimes against White Canadians increased by 2.5 times. An increase almost commensurate with the increase in muslim migration to Canada.

And before you start arguing with me like a twit about that fact, your argument will be with StatsCan, not me.

Unfortunately, morons like you think anyone who is against mass immigration for no reason other it's than one massive virtue signal is a racist. I've always been pro-migration. Back before the days of mass immigration I lived for some time in what was one of Canada's most multi-ethnic/multi-cultural cities. It sure didn't bother me. The school I went to was like a mini-UN.
But back then, Canada was also more selective about immigration. It didn't matter where you were from, all that mattered was whether you could contribute while you enjoyed the benefits of living here.
You can't have mass immigration just for the sake of mass immigration to a welfare state without it causing some irreparable harm.
We are now officially over 1% of our total population in annual intake between immigrants and refugees. This is NOT a sustainable number by any stretch and it doesn't appear that it will be going down any time soon. Even the most pro-migration economist will tell you it's an utterly disastrous policy.

And then what does our govt do no matter who's in charge? They pile on by bringing in foreign labour to work minimum wage shit jobs because those employers can't find enough people here to fill them. Maybe that's a sign there's too many of those shit jobs and nobody here wants to spend at least half of their lives working them.
Maybe if the govt worked towards making Canada a more business friendly environment for companies that pay living wages and salaries we wouldn't have to rely so much on shitty McJobs for our "economy" and foreign labour to fill those positions.

And not to put too fine a point on it, if we're busy importing over 300,000 migrants every year plus refugees, then why the f*ck so we still need TFWs? Those shitty McJobs not good enough for the regular migrants either?
I mean if we're importing that many people every year and still need TFW's to fill the minimum rage jobs then something is seriously f*cking wrong with our immigration system and/or business investment environment.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
#22
Is it any wonder the way Pretty Boy has been welcoming them with open arms?
 
Danbones
Free Thinker
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

This is a discussion board not a novel reading contest.

if it was I take it you just lost?


We take in people to do crappy jobs, instead of raising the pay on those jobs that the rich benefit from, but wouldn't do themselves.
 
mentalfloss
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Is it any wonder the way Pretty Boy has been welcoming them with open arms?

You mean Democracy?

The horror!
 
JamesBondo
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

You mean Democracy?

The horror!

Your off the cuff comeback skills are lacking. Please review and study this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLB2Mrvh44A
 
Hoid
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by Vbeacher View Post

According to Immigration Canada, the most economically successful immigrants are from England and Ireland, the US, and then northern Europe. The least economically successful immigrants are from the middle east and China.

Immigrants from Europe have similar skillsets, come from places with similar secular, democratic cultures, and have a high familiarity with English. The immigrants from elsewhere have little familiarity with our culture, and often have values hostile to it, and little to no familiarity with the language.

This study echoes a similar one done ten years earlier.

So why is it you want to get away from economically successful immigrants?

Yes that's why we are trying to ban Chinese investors in Vancouver. Because they are unsuccessful.

I think we would actually need to look at these studies you are trying to quote.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+1
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Yes that's why we are trying to ban Chinese investors in Vancouver. Because they are unsuccessful.

I think we would actually need to look at these studies you are trying to quote.

Ever been to Vancouver buddy ? Not all the Chinese are rich investors .
 
White_Unifier
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Ever been to Vancouver buddy ? Not all the Chinese are rich investors .

Yet we're turning the rich investors away so as to fix the statistics in our favour.
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
#29
I’m a 1st generation Canadian, birth parents German & Norwegian
 
MHz
#30
No shit. Please tell me you Granpa wasn't 6'6" and Grandma was 4'11'. Let's assume she was said to be from Norway when in reality she would have been from the Ukraine, specifically the Gypsy part. That would means somebody in your clan got her witch like powers.

Saw your pic with sleepy. How about you both put on the same clown suits, take a selfi and use that as your avatars for a day or longer. The prize for you is you get to have me say something like, 'I stand corrected, you two aren't chronic liars.'