Notley wins national award for advancing women in politics

mentalfloss
I remember that award Ralph Klein won for doing somefin gud.

Notley wins national award for advancing women in politics

Premier Rachel Notley is being honoured for her work advancing women in politics.

Equal Voice will present Notley with its 2017 National EVE Award at a ceremony Friday at the Fairmont Palliser hotel in Calgary.

The award is given annually to a woman who has achieved significant success in her political career.

Notley became Alberta’s second female premier in 2015 when her NDP upended the four-decade-old Progressive Conservative government. The NDP caucus is almost evenly split among men and women, and Notley appointed Canada’s first gender-balanced cabinet in a majority government.

“Premier Notley continues to inspire women with her leadership of one of Canada’s most powerful provinces, and for her commitment to ensuring that strong and diverse women are at the table along with her,” Equal Voice national chair Nicole Foster said in a news release.

Past recipients of the award include former prime minister Kim Campbell, former deputy prime minister Anne McLellan and Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne.

Notley wins national award for advancing women in politics | Calgary Herald

taxslave
Free Thinker
+2
#2  Top Rated Post
Starting to sund like a loosers club.

To be fair Kim Campbell was given a poor starting position.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
Thyat's the beauty of awarding everyone a participation medal.... I like to think of it as the snowflake award

petros
I doubt they know who former PM Campbell is.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
She is the inventor of soup.... She was runner-up in the best Invention Award, only losing to Al Gore who invented the interwebs

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Thyat's the beauty of awarding everyone a participation medal.... I like to think of it as the snowflake award

What's the beauty of awarding everyone a participation medal?

mentalfloss
It's really wonderful to see the newfound support for feminism on this board.

Super exciting!

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

What's the beauty of awarding everyone a participation medal?

You tell me?

A question for you, in the event that notley loses the next election, do you think that there will be a hue and cry about gender discrimination being the motivating factor?

Hoid
You said "that's the beauty" then did not go on to say what it was.

Were you referring to something that had already been said?

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1
The concept is pretty straight forward. It means everyone gets a prize, no one left out.

Beautiful, right?

... How about you answer the question now?

Hoid
+1
ok. That's the beauty - everyone gets a prize.

Meaning that getting a prize for doing something to promote woman is an intrinsically worthless pursuit. How could I have missed that eh?

BTW I am also mystified by your "everyone already had a power outlet" comment.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
Apparently, it takes next to nothing to mystify you.

PS - Really enjoyed the over-elaboration on the promotion of women being a worthless pursuit. Generally speaking, folks that employ that strategy feel backed into a corner and don't have anything really to offer

Anywho, nice deflection all the same

PPS - how about answer the question I posed a ways back.... Oh, that's right, you won't be able to identify that Q

Hoid

Apparently, it takes next to nothing to mystify you.

PS - Really enjoyed the over-elaboration on the promotion of women being a worthless pursuit. Generally speaking, folks that employ that strategy feel backed into a corner and don't have anything really to offer

Anywho, nice deflection all the same

PPS - how about answer the question I posed a ways back.... Oh, that's right, you won't be able to identify that Q

You really want me to make a guess about something that might happen if something else happens?

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
One term Premier is hardly "advancing women". She was lucky the Wildrose and the Conservatives split the vote. Hardly award worthy but I guess they're desperate to give it to somebody

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois

You really want me to make a guess about something that might happen if something else happens?

No man... i just want you to be sincere in answering the question that I posed - and challenged you to answer a number of times.

You're dodging the base issue/question and I can only assume that it's because you are not happy with the only real response that is practical or reasonable

Hoid
+1

No man... i just want you to be sincere in answering the question that I posed - and challenged you to answer a number of times.

You're dodging the base issue/question and I can only assume that it's because you are not happy with the only real response that is practical or reasonable

Your question does not merit serious consideration.

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
+1

Capt doesn't merit serious consideration

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1

As expected from one that has no answer.

... Thanks for coming out, lemme see if Vanna has a consolation prize for ya'll

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Capt doesn't merit serious consideration

DaSleeper
+2

The kind of answers one expects from Avro
followed by his sock puppet...

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
Flossy has cornered the market on sock puppet g/fs

Hoid

Just watching you try is enough of a gift.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
Try?

Goal achieved with you many posts ago.

That said, you care to answer the question posed or does it undermine your already weak position?

Hoid

Try?

Goal achieved with you many posts ago.

That said, you care to answer the question posed or does it undermine your already weak position?

I don't think I have any positions that can be undermined by stupid questions...

petros
Hey captain@

$0.96L in Regina at my local Petros Canada with 6% PST. What are you paying in Calgary with a carbon tax and no PST?

DaSleeper
+1
$1.16 The cheapest for regular here $1.30 for premium

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1

I don't think I have any positions that can be undermined by stupid questions...

Of course you don't, after all, you can't back up any of your positions.

Hell, the question posed to you oh so long ago required only an opinion and you don't even have one of those

Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Hey captain@

$0.96L in Regina at my local Petros Canada with 6% PST. What are you paying in Calgary with a carbon tax and no PST?

Lowest I've seen is 97.9, but most places are in the 1.04.9 range.

Thanks Notley, what an amazing accomplishment

pgs
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Hey captain@

Calgary was $1.04 Monday .

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
Advancing women in politics? Yeah, if you call being a lying, inept moron advancing anything positive. OH hey look, some of the women in politics have demonstrated that they can be as equally corrupt or inept as their male counterparts. Way to go ladies, you must be so proud.

Notley and the Wynned sock sure have laid to rest the myth that "this world would be a better place if women held positions of political power".

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
As per the OP, the underlying question is exactly what has Notley accomplished during her tenure?

At this point, it seems that her major achievement is nothing other than being Premier