Records of Horrific Abuse at Indigenous Residential Schools Must Be Destroyed,

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Genetic adaptation works rather quickly. The grandchildren of famine survivors are at higher risk of obesity.

again - not even remotely natural selection,

natural selection is when a certain trait enhances selection in the breeding process.

MHz
FU

Senator's defence of residential schools akin to excusing Holocaust, NDP MP says - Politics - CBC News
Senator's defence of residential schools akin to excusing Holocaust, NDP MP says

Lynn Beyak defended 'well-intentioned' residential school system in Senate speech Tuesday

An attempt by Conservative Senator Lynn Beyak to paint the residential school system as "well-intentioned" is akin to defending actions taken by Adolf Hitler against the Jewish people in the Second World War, NDP MP and residential schools survivor Roméo Saganash said Thursday.
"It equals saying what Hitler did to the Jewish [people] was good, that he wasn't ill-intentioned in doing what he did. So, that's why it's unacceptable," Saganash said in an interview with CBC News outside the House of Commons.
"I think she should resign, because we don't need those kinds of people either in Parliament or the Senate," Saganash said.
"If one reads the definition of genocide under the UN convention, it's pretty clear to that effect that forcibly removing children … constitutes genocide, OK? That's the gravity of the comment in my view."
He implored Beyak to read the findings of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC), which document the atrocities that tens of thousands of children faced. (The United Nations considers abduction and disappearances as one of the "elements" of the crime of genocide.)

https://nowtoronto.com/news/resident...inst-humanity/
A Jew's education on Canada's residential schools atrocity

How a trip with Indigenous leaders to Yad Vashem, Israel's museum of the Holocaust, was the beginning of my lesson on Canada's own crime against humanity
When I was in school there were two things I learned nothing about : the Holocaust and the treatment of Indigenous peoples in Canada.
And while the two genocides were much different, the pain, I would learn more than 30 years later, was the same.
That lesson began while I was with the Canadian Jewish Congress (CJC) and had to deal publicly with anti-Semitic remarks made at a federal health conference by a former chief of the Assembly of First Nations, David Ahenakew, in 2002.
Ahenakew would eventually be convicted of promoting hatred. The conviction was later overturned, the judge in the case ruling that while the remarks were "revolting, disgusting and untrue," they were not made with the intent to incite hatred. It was through this experience that I began to understand that our two peoples knew nothing of each other's ordeals.
That troubled me until I had the good fortune to meet Chief Phil Fontaine. We spoke. I learned that we were two peoples travelling parallel but separate paths. We planned a trip to Israel that included chiefs of Canada's First Nations and leaders of the CJC.
Many criticized it as a political trip. Others insinuated it was an attempt to propagandize the treatment of First Nations peoples in Canada. It wasn't either of those. It was a trip of mutual learning that helped us embrace each other's experience.
On the final day of our journey, we gathered at Yad Vashem, Israel's museum of the Holocaust. There, on the grounds, is a children's memorial designed by Canadian architect Moshe Safdie.
The memorial is a dark hall of mirrors in which a single candle is reflected millions of times. On an audio loop, the names of the Jewish children murdered in the Holocaust are read out. It takes a year and a half to recite all the names once.
When we exited the exhibit overwhelmed by sadness and grief, Elder Fred Kelly and Fontaine asked us all to form a healing circle.

When it comes to caring about children closer to home the Jews kind of lose all that compassion so fot the Indians of Canada it all seems like a exercise in being two-face in the extreme.

Video: Right-wing Israelis celebrate the deaths of Gazan children - Telegraph
Right-wing Israelis celebrate the deaths of Gazan children

Video from a far-right Tel Aviv demonstration shows the crowd chanting, "there is no school tomorrow; there are no children left in Gaza"

"There is no school tomorrow; there are no children left in Gaza ,” chanted the right-wing extremists gathered opposite Tel Aviv’s Rabin Square on Saturday night, waving Israeli flags and shaking their fingers in the air.

As the the cries of “I hate all the Arabs” and “Gaza is a cemetery” intensified, some of the protestors tried to accost the participants in one of the country’s biggest anti-war demonstrations this year.

“Go protest in Gaza!” they shouted at the thousands spread all over Tel Aviv’s main protest square, in a demonstration that dwarfed the extremists’ riot.

In one corner of the square, just metres away from those calling for the continuation of the war, dozens of tea light candles were set up as a border around the youths crouched inside. Quietly, they lit and placed candles around photographs of both Palestinians and Israelis killed in the war so far.

“Free Palestine” said one poster in shades of the Palestinian flag as it was held up by a protestor against the background of Tel Aviv municipality building which had been lit up in turn to look like a giant flag of Israel.

Murphy
Conservative
+1
A conspiracy behind every bush is part of godlikeproductions.com raison d'etre. Are you trying to bring that over here?

The government, on orders from the Illuminati, has taken the names of everyone on that site and is secretly performing medical experiments on them. Some members are taking psychoactive drugs in order to alter their behaviour or perceptions of the world.

Or so I've heard.

Don't poke the bear! This Cliffy moment was brought to you by the letter 3 and the number H.

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

What, you don't believe man hunted the Mammoth to extinction? Tough fact to swallow eh?

Yes but European man hunted the Aurocs to extinction so we are even .

taxslave
Free Thinker
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Correct, we come across many burial sites throughout the prairies and West coast.... Western Canada is littered with them

At one time every inlet had burial trees.

Senator's defence of residential schools akin to excusing Holocaust, NDP MP says - Politics - CBC News
Senator's defence of residential schools akin to excusing Holocaust, NDP MP says

Lynn Beyak defended 'well-intentioned' residential school system in Senate speech Tuesday

An attempt by Conservative Senator Lynn Beyak to paint the residential school system as "well-intentioned" is akin to defending actions taken by Adolf Hitler against the Jewish people in the Second World War,

In reality it was well intentioned and at the time seemed like a good idea. The intent was to intergrate natives into white society in a short period of time.Looking back with 21st century values tends to change things. The dipper that compared this to Hitler's treatment of Jews is an uneducated idiot.

MHz
Then either the Church and State are grossly incompetent and should be retired or a remnant were left to be used as test subjects in a wide variety of mistakes. First one being, how to break the bonds that natural families have. The EU already knows what abuse does to kids in their older years. There never was any intention to integrate them into society as they would be off the Rez before Muslims would be coming in in high numbers and straight to the biggest city so they can be with others from the same group.

DaSleeper
Don't worry mooslims will be doing it to us with sharia law in about 50 to 75 years......

taxslave
Free Thinker
Already hapening in Germany.

DaSleeper
When Colpy and others like him are gone.......
There goes the last line of defense......

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

There is difference between killing as part of a culture and the killing of a culture. Its a subtle one but its there.

Sorry, don't buy it

Subtle differences aside, systematic eradication of a target group, for ceremonial reasons or otherwise still results in the target population being eliminated.

That said, killing as part of a culture is nothing more than an attempted excuse to justify the actions

Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

As far as natural selection goes - no. Natural selection over geological time is one of the things that results in a species. What happened to indigenous people happened hundreds of thousands of years after the process of natural selection began.

As has been pointed out, natural selection is measured generationaly and not anywhere close to geologic time. Further, natural selection is a process that is ongoing and perpetual - it just doesn't stop once a period of time has elapsed.

With this in mind (relative to the claim that the introduction of certain diseases into NorAm native populations qualifies as genocide), who do we accuse of genocide in relation to the Black Plague or HIV/AIDS?

The logic is identical, so by branding one circumstance as genocide, you must define the other events as the same.