Dan Rather the racist.


Walter
#1
The truth comes out.
 
AnnaG
#2
That coming from a guy with the most racist avatar here. roflmao
 
dumpthemonarchy
#3
Had Dan Rather said, "Obama couldn't sell ice-cream during a heat wave." He would have made a more concise comment without unnecessary distractions. Everyone is always concerned with race, even more than sex because even when you get sex it doesn't always last hours and you can't always start it or end it when you want.

Still controversial, "Obama couldn't sell ice to an Eskimo." Because we are still discussing non-white people.

"Obama couldn't sell peanuts at a ball game?" Perfect. A a little harsh perhaps but time for that guy in the White House to stop sounding like he is presiding over a Harvard meeting.

Dan's career may be fading, needs to get in the spotlight it appears.
 
taxslave
#4
Don't see how that is racist. I like watermellons and I'm mostly WASP with a bunch of Cherokee. Me thinks some sheeple are taking political correctness too far.
Since before I was a little kid we called the big ugly rocks sticking out in the logging roads "nigger heads" No idea why. Anyway a few years ago some moron from the government said we couldn't call them that any more because it wasn't PC. So we took to calling them "ethnic rocks" and the idiot was OK with that.
 
JLM
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Don't see how that is racist. I like watermellons and I'm mostly WASP with a bunch of Cherokee. Me thinks some sheeple are taking political correctness too far.
Since before I was a little kid we called the big ugly rocks sticking out in the logging roads "nigger heads" No idea why. Anyway a few years ago some moron from the government said we couldn't call them that any more because it wasn't PC. So we took to calling them "ethnic rocks" and the idiot was OK with that.

And then there was Eeny meeny miney moe
Catch............................................. ........

The kids don't get to enjoy that one anymore.
 
Ron in Regina
#6
I was about 12yrs old when I learned that these are called "Licorice Babies."



Whoops. Oh well...
 
JLM
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

I was about 12yrs old when I learned that these are called "Licorice Babies."



Whoops. Oh well...

I always called them by the other term...................getting back to tradition why change it? What about the log cabins in the old days when they used to "ch*nk" the cracks with mud?
 
TenPenny
#8
Chink may also mean a small crevice or opening, often referring to a weakness such as a "chink in the armor", but also in purely descriptive contexts such as a chink between two bricks. The latter term is uncontroversial, since it predates the ethnic slur, though the slur may have origins from the original meaning.
 
dumpthemonarchy
#9
Watermelons has become code for something else. They now have a political history. Why didn't Dan just say turnips!
 
dumpthemonarchy
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

And then there was Eeny meeny miney moe
Catch............................................. ........

The kids don't get to enjoy that one anymore.

I said that one in the old days of playing kick the can. Did we know what it was? I did, but it meant no malice I'm sure. But then, we had no black kids around.

But the problem is, to some people, that word only has one meaning, there is no alternative. Disclaimer, I have never worked for the Fraser Institute. However, words do have more than one meaning.
 
TenPenny
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchy View Post

I said that one in the old days of playing kick the can. Did we know what it was? I did, but it meant no malice I'm sure. But then, we had no black kids around.

But the problem is, to some people, that word only has one meaning, there is no alternative. Disclaimer, I have never worked for the Fraser Institute. However, words do have more than one meaning.

Make sure you're not being niggardly when you give words multiple meanings!
 
Cliffy
#12
Trust Walter to make mountains out of a grain of sand.
 
JLM
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

Make sure you're not being niggardly when you give words multiple meanings!

Good one, we had an incident about 10-15 years ago where a journalist used the word "niggardly" and some local idiot raised a hue and cry about racial discrimation that was heard half way across the country.
 
dumpthemonarchy
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

Make sure you're not being niggardly when you give words multiple meanings!

Niggardly caused an uproar because it sounds like you know what word and you can't even say a word that sounds like that word. Everyone knows the word, but this kind of censor ship seems a little overboard. You can never be too sure though.
 
Cliffy
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Good one, we had an incident about 10-15 years ago where a journalist used the word "niggardly" and some local idiot raised a hue and cry about racial discrimation that was heard half way across the country.

That is just such a white thing to do!
 
YukonJack
#16
Dan Rather may not be a racist, but he is a liar and a forger.

And all his life he was grossly overrated and overpaid.
 
Cliffy
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by YukonJack View Post

Dan Rather may not be a racist, but he is a liar and a forger.

And all his life he was grossly overrated and overpaid.

You must think he is a lefty liberal.
 
JLM
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

You must think he is a lefty liberal.

A bell is starting to ring.............. Several years ago, Rather made a disclosure of some sort (probably unfavourable) about Y.J.'s buddy George the Younger and I have a feeling he was thinking Dan wasn't very nice....................... Seems to me upon further thought Dan let the cat out of the bag.
 
Cliffy
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

A bell is starting to ring.............. Several years ago, Rather made a disclosure of some sort (probably unfavourable) about Y.J.'s buddy George the Younger and I have a feeling he was thinking Dan wasn't very nice....................... Seems to me upon further thought Dan let the cat out of the bag.

I hope that cat was not residing in Dan's bag. That would smart!
 
JLM
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

I hope that cat was not residing in Dan's bag. That would smart!

It's very hazy, but I'm getting a flash it was something regarding Bush's military career that was unsavory - or maybe to do with avoiding a military career.
 
Bar Sinister
#21
Looks to me like it is pretty much a water fight in a melon patch.
 
Cliffy
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

It's very hazy, but I'm getting a flash it was something regarding Bush's military career that was unsavory - or maybe to do with avoiding a military career.

Yes! Some people do not take well to their heroes being defrocked. Poor Jack. Life must be difficult for the disillusioned.
 
VanIsle
#23
What is racist about it? We all eat watermelon. We sell tons of it and believe me - there are very few black people buying them. Silly food references. Everyone believes that East Indians are the only ones who eat curry. Everyone eats curry. Lots of people buy cilantro but I can tell you that I notice that the East Indian people buy more than others do. I love watermelon (and nearly all melon), I like curry in some dishes, and I can truly say - I quite dislike cilantro. I could care less if anyone comments on it.
 
talloola
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

A bell is starting to ring.............. Several years ago, Rather made a disclosure of some sort (probably unfavourable) about Y.J.'s buddy George the Younger and I have a feeling he was thinking Dan wasn't very nice....................... Seems to me upon further thought Dan let the cat out of the bag.

you got that right. Rather was dragged through the coals
for 'how' he obtained the material, but the point is that,
the material was true, little georgie porgie bush was a
very poor national guard person, and had some 'hanky panky'
marks given to him that he hadn't earned, and mysteriously
certain documents disappeared that would have exposed the
'real george', seems his daddy fixed it for him, and that
is the standard of person who served two terms as president
of the u.s.a., it's really disgusting.
 
JLM
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

you got that right. Rather was dragged through the coals
for 'how' he obtained the material, but the point is that,
the material was true, little georgie porgie bush was a
very poor national guard person, and had some 'hanky panky'
marks given to him that he hadn't earned, and mysteriously
certain documents disappeared that would have exposed the
'real george', seems his daddy fixed it for him, and that
is the standard of person who served two terms as president
of the u.s.a., it's really disgusting.

Yeah, I had a distinct feeling little Georgie had been up to some mischief. I always regarded Dan Rather as a pretty straight up sort of a guy. As much as a journalist can be.
 
Walter
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Trust Walter to make mountains out of a grain of sand.

Just imagine the mountain ranges that would be made had Rush or Dubya or Palin or Harper said this; all the leftards would be having coronaries trying to make the mountains bigger.
 
Walter
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

That coming from a guy with the most racist avatar here. roflmao

Why do you call it racist?
 
Walter
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Don't see how that is racist. I like watermellons and I'm mostly WASP with a bunch of Cherokee. Me thinks some sheeple are taking political correctness too far.

Learn your history.
 
Avro
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Just imagine the mountain ranges that would be made had Rush or Dubya or Palin or Harper said this; all the leftards would be having coronaries trying to make the mountains bigger.

So let me get this straight. You're making a big deal out of this even though you admit making a big deal out of it is retarded?

Yep, you sure are a genius Walt.
 
EagleSmack
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

you got that right. Rather was dragged through the coals
for 'how' he obtained the material, but the point is that,
the material was true, little georgie porgie bush was a
very poor national guard person, and had some 'hanky panky'
marks given to him that he hadn't earned, and mysteriously
certain documents disappeared that would have exposed the
'real george', seems his daddy fixed it for him, and that
is the standard of person who served two terms as president
of the u.s.a., it's really disgusting.

The thing about the military gaff was that it was not true. That is why Dan Rather lost his job. He used forged documents that were proven to be wrong and done on a computer rather than a type writer. He stood by those forged documents to MAKE a story when there wasn't.

Maybe George Sr. did pull strings to get Jr. out of the Vietnam War and into the National Guard. Maybe Jr. wasn't a stellar serviceman. There are so many reasons to not like GW.

However, Rather had used an imaginary story, forged documents and that is why he was tossed. Dan Rather gave the GOP ammunition to liberal bias on the major networks.
 

Similar Threads

60
Has Israel become a Racist State?
by einmensch | Apr 2nd, 2009
30
And I thought Australians were racist
by Shmad | Dec 22nd, 2005
16
Tell me it's just the web that is racist
by Pat Bateman | Nov 26th, 2004