Have laundry skills disappeared?

CBC News
A new Ipsos Red poll suggest Canadians hate doing laundry and when they do get around to it, they do it badly.
30 per cent of Canadians admit they only get around to it when they've run out of clean underwear. And once they get the piles into the machines, nearly 25 per cent of Canadians confess they've left their clothes in the washer or dryer for days before tending to them, suggests the poll.
The survey of 1,012 Canadian homeowners, conducted by Ipsos Reid on behalf of GE Appliances, revealed a few secrets about the relationship Canadians have with their laundry. Twenty-seven per cent of poll participants said they put everything in the dryer, even if the label said not to.
Read full story
Do you think laundry skills have disappeared? With all of those extra symbols and instructions, is it just too complicated? Is there a chore you like less than laundry?

More...

talloola
I have always enjoyed doing laundry, even when i was a teenager, just my mother and I,
I used to do laundry quite a bit, when she was at work.
I loved hanging everything on the clothline, and arranging it all very neatly, so that when I looked at it all blowing in the wind, everything was in order and pegged onto the line 'just right'.
In those days, we used a wringer washer, and I didn't get an automatic washer till I was
about 24 yrs. old, and had a couple of kids.
I don't have a clothesline any more, and I miss that very much, but I still enjoy doing laundry, and I am still pretty particular about it.
One of my daughters loves hanging her clothes on the clothesline, and she says it is very
therapeutic for her, watching them blowing in the wind, and I know exactly how she feels.
It's wonderful to have something 'so simple and basic' make a person so happy and satisfied.

Scott Free
Quote: Originally Posted by CBC News View Post

A new Ipsos Red poll suggest Canadians hate doing laundry and when they do get around to it, they do it badly.
30 per cent of Canadians admit they only get around to it when they've run out of clean underwear.

It's official: Canada smells like ass.

MHz
And here I thought it was a banking (money) scandal where they don't care if you see it or not. ROTFLMAO

In Between Man
Quote: Originally Posted by Scott Free View Post

It's official: Canada smells like ass.

Ha!!!! We sure do, but now in a literal sense!!!!lol

Nuggler
Quote: Originally Posted by CBC News View Post

30 per cent of Canadians admit they only get around to it when they've run out of clean underwear. And once they get the piles into the machines, nearly 25 per cent of Canadians confess they've left their clothes in the washer or dryer for days before tending to them, suggests the poll.
The survey of 1,012 Canadian homeowners, conducted by Ipsos Reid on behalf of GE Appliances, revealed a few secrets about the relationship Canadians have with their laundry. Twenty-seven per cent of poll participants said they put everything in the dryer, even if the label said not to.
Read full story
Do you think laundry skills have disappeared? With all of those extra symbols and

instructions, is it just too complicated? Is there a chore you like less than laundry?

More...

bulls h i t !!

Nuggler
..........the undies, my fren
is blown in the wind
the undies is blown in the wind.......

(sorry Bob)

darkbeaver
I enjoy doing the laundry. Now if we could just scrub all the capitalists out of our national undies in some giant wringer washer.

hermite
That Nuggler sure is in a musical mood today. Think maybe he got a little last nite?

I sure wish I could find an old wringer washer. I wash my clothes by hand, outside, in a bucket, in rain water. So not wearing many sure makes life easier.

Nuggler
Quote: Originally Posted by hermite View Post

That Nuggler sure is in a musical mood today. Think maybe he got a little last nite?

I sure wish I could find an old wringer washer. I wash my clothes by hand, outside, in a bucket, in rain water. So not wearing many sure makes life easier.

used to have one of them arm squishers you talk about, Hermite, but it finally expired.
If I see one, shall let you know via CC smoke signals, and have it shipped.
some folks see them as collectibles now, so the price has gone up a bit .

Nugg