God I Love Tim Hortons

jspepe79
I live just across the border in the states. I love visiting CA and grabbing Tim Hortons for some coffee or something. Now they're popping up everywhere here! Not long till Timmy takes over the globe...

Kreskin
Welcome to the board.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by jspepe79 View Post

I live just across the border in the states. I love visiting CA and grabbing Tim Hortons for some coffee or something. Now they're popping up everywhere here! Not long till Timmy takes over the globe...

Timmies is having trouble making money south of the border. They remain a Canadian phenomimum.

Pangloss
The, um, phenomenon, of Tim Hortons has another dimension: when Wendy's bought them, Wendy's was the more profitable.

Quite the other way around now.

Pangloss

Kreskin
Starbucks is also spinning its corporate wheels. Too much competition for a cup of coffee.

Nuggler
Just an observation. Here goes. No need for anyone to take offence. Unless you want to:.....

Over the years several ladies of my acquaintance, who were, buxom, even say, beautiful, by any description, took employment at Tim Horton's. They all seem to have put on (shall we say), several pounds.

Is the food at Tim's fattening? Please say it ain't so!!

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral, or fattening.

Welcome jspepe79. We used to enjoy trips across the border for cheap booze. A 56oz. of Black Velvet was $10.00 US. Several years ago. Good thing them days is done. Fer us at least.
At that time, if one wanted to become an alchy, the US was the place to be. Has it changed?

N'ugg.

gc
Don't you guys know they put crack in the coffee there. Why do you think it's so damn addictive

s243a
Ironically I've been eating more Tim Hortins lately and I have also been losing weight more lately. Of course it could be because I eat Tim Hortins late in the day to give me energy for rollerblading.

Nuggler
Great, but what about the booze?

Unforgiven
It's like the McDonalds of coffee. Thanks, no.

Zzarchov
The funny thing is, they all use the same coffee, even most of the "Fancy" and "gourmet" coffee franchises you see about. They just spike the same beans with some spice shaken in, then ship it off as "gourmet" to various franchises. The almight buck still reigns.

DurkaDurka
There is nothing exceptional about the coffee at Tim Horton's in my opinion. But, it is served quickly and it's cheap. If I want something fancier I'll usually stop at Second Cup.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by Pangloss View Post

The, um, phenomenon, of Tim Hortons has another dimension: when Wendy's bought them, Wendy's was the more profitable.

Quite the other way around now.

Pangloss

In Canada. Wendy's is looking to dump them in the states due to losses.

no color
You can't get no better coffee than Tim Horton's, that's for sure. Would be good if they could somehow combine Krispy Kreme's mouth watering glazed donuts with Tim Horton's coffee.

jspepe79
You can definitely lose weight at Timmys...

http://www.timhortonsblog.com/2007/0...tons-diet.html

jspepe79
Also, Black Velvet ain't as cheap as it used to be. I personnaly am missing my Molson Triple X. The d*mn weak American dollar does give me that same punch on my border smugglin' anymore.

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Timmies is having trouble making money south of the border. They remain a Canadian phenomimum.

Probably due to Starbucks having a stranglehold in the US.

I don't drink coffee, so whenever we do a "Timmy's Run" at work, I just get a large chocolate milk. Sometimes in the winter months I will get a French Vanilla Cap instead, but that is rare.

Just the Facts
Quote: Originally Posted by no color View Post

You can't get no better coffee than Tim Horton's, that's for sure. Would be good if they could somehow combine Krispy Kreme's mouth watering glazed donuts with Tim Horton's coffee.

Glazed whatnow's?

I can see where they get the Kreme, but where the hell is the Krispy!?

And I bet dollars to, ummm... donuts, that there ain't no flour in them!

They won't last here, our local KK has already gone bust.

RomSpaceKnight
The KK near me is bust too. All they do is put 5x as much sugar on their donuts thats all.

Tims isn't anymore fattening than most fast foods. The hot chocolate, cheese danishes and cheese croisssants are loaded with trans fats though. Hot chocolate from Tim is not a healthy alternative.

MacDonalds coffee is the only reason I go to Mc Pukes. except for the applie pie thingies and English muffins maybe.

Starbucks sucks. Way over rated and expensive.

s243a
Quote: Originally Posted by RomSpaceKnight View Post

I couldn't agree more Tim's is better and cheaper. I do like second cup though. I go to Tim's though for the ice caps bagels and blueberry cheese danishes. Yum

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by RomSpaceKnight View Post

I dunno, ever try the Arabian sannani...It's from Yemen mountains...It's a wild coffee , totally organic, and not done so on purpose it's a true wild coffee.
they put mats down around the coffee bushes and shake em ..only those beans that fall get used....it's 21 bucks a pound so i don't actually buy it exceptin at Christmas....

Anywho thats the tale they tell you.....it is yummy though..
But alas it's tim's fine grind for my morning brew...I use 6 heaping tablespoons of the stuff to make 3 cups of joe....slow melitta hand poured water and filtered..i don't pour all the water in at once i take it's time.....stuff is strong enough to raise the hair on a billiard ball.

2 cups for me downed fast and 1 for sandy...Sandy has not enjoyed a cup of coffee since we moved in together.....

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Starbucks is also spinning its corporate wheels. Too much competition for a cup of coffee.

I hate starbuck's coffee, as we only drink 'regular' coffee, no special coffees, and their coffee is
so bitter.

Unforgiven
You Timmys will fit in nicely at the nursing homes. Flavourless coffee with a cardboard complexion. On the bright side, taste is subjective.

karrie
I was shocked when I ordered a cup of coffee with my artery clogging BurgerKing order the other day.

BurgerKing makes damn good coffee! Frankly, drinking my coffee black, it had Tim's beat, and I've always been a huge Tim's fan.

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

I was shocked when I ordered a cup of coffee with my artery clogging BurgerKing order the other day.

BurgerKing makes damn good coffee! Frankly, drinking my coffee black, it had Tim's beat, and I've always been a huge Tim's fan.

I'm the same, I love burger king burgers, the whopper, but, (without any sauce at all), and yes,
their coffee is great.

Dreadful Nonsense
I don't get it....You peeps are from out west where one can get a white spot deluxe burger and you go to burger king. o_0 ...

I used to go to the white spot in west Van in the 70's. I hung out with a wild bunch of west / north van kids and partied way up in the british properties a few times..there was this older guy that was a direct descendant of john a Mcdonald had this old ranch style bungalo up in the british properties as well...he was this uber Hippie we all loved.....

ahhhh the memories

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by DocDred View Post

I don't get it....You peeps are from out west where one can get a white spot deluxe burger and you go to burger king. o_0 ...

White Spot....... so named because of the scoops upon scoops of thick mayo they slather all over their burgers. Disgusting. If you love mayo, you'll love their burgers. If you're like me, and HATE mayo, then all you have is a bun, a patty, and a tiny squirt of ketchup. Possibly a soggy piece of lettuce, if the chef's feeling generous. Nasty. I've eaten at White Spot often enough to know I can't stand them.

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

White Spot....... so named because of the scoops upon scoops of thick mayo they slather all over their burgers. Disgusting. If you love mayo, you'll love their burgers. If you're like me, and HATE mayo, then all you have is a bun, a patty, and a tiny squirt of ketchup. Possibly a soggy piece of lettuce, if the chef's feeling generous. Nasty. I've eaten at White Spot often enough to know I can't stand them.

I am mostly made of Mayo...
lol...
Maybe they changed ..most everything has...Harvey's was a good place to get a burger at one time now it's part of cara corp and it's just gross..

White Spot was a cool hamburger joint in the early 70's ..i have great memories of sitting at that counter in west van...

#juan
Funny. I don't much like the food you get from Tim Horton's.

For burgers these days I'm partial to A&W. Twenty odd years ago Harvey's had the best burger in town...........I don't even know if they're still around today. Wendy's is marginally better than McDonald's.

jspepe79
Timmy's can be pretty healthy if you choose right. I actually made a quasi-diet plan from it. Check out my homepage.

KK is so overrated its ridiculous. I can't believe they are still in business. I remember when it was cool to own their stock. But it's definitely a fad that's heading downhill.
Last edited by jspepe79; Jun 26th, 2007 at 11:05 PM..Reason: added a line