Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Colpy
Conservative
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

That pretty much is what guns are for. None of the pro-gunners on this board will deny that. The purpose of a gun is power. That power can be used for good or ill. What we are saying, over and over again, and what y'all anti-gunners are ignoring, over and over again, is prosecute the ill, not the power.

Bingo!

And power is the reason the state wants control

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Bingo!

And power is the reason the state wants control

As I noted,,,,,,,Paranoia!!

Machjo

I use plugs and muffs. Aggregate -56 dB. I should be OK.

On the behalf of the US taxpayer, I'd like to say a big thank you!

DaSleeper
I wonder if Niemöller's statement could apply to full automatic rifles, then look alike semi-autos, then handguns, followed by hunting rifles, then shotguns.............

taxslave
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post

All this rhetoric about banning guns is a knee jerk reaction that occurs every time reasonable suggestions for keeping guns out of the hands of those who should not or must not have them is broached,. NO ONE is suggesting banning guns!!

It is the same reaction that was encountered to the suggestion of seat-belts. I wonder how many gun owners actually picture themselves as saving civilization (heh, heh) from the evil governments they elect. There is a name for this condition,,,,,,,Paranoia,

Umm yes there are plenty of people demanding we ban guns. Especially the ones they personally don't like. And as we have proved over and over and over it is not the law abiding gun owner that is the problem. Rather it is the criminal element that illegally possess guns and use them for illegal purposes. For some strange reason that the do-gooders can't seem to fathom criminals just don't care about their silly laws.

As I noted,,,,,,,Paranoia!!

That you are.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+2
Sane people have a proper understanding about guns which is widely recognized and from what I can see precludes the need for any more useless discussion on the matter. (Almost 7000 posts!!!!!!!!!!!)

bobnoorduyn
Free Thinker
+1

I did some gun control this morning. Controlled it real good, too. 45 shots, two in the nine-ring, one in the eight-ring, and 42(!) blew out the center. Glock 24C, .40 cal, 180 gr. FMJs, six-inch barrel, compensated, 25 meters.

I just LOVE my Glock.

In Glock We Trust, but I still love my 1911

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Given that the gun lobby and the NRA are so supportive of Donald....wonder what the 'D' will do about the gun law issue. ir anything. seeing as how he is so busy attacking / over reacting via twitter.

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Umm yes there are plenty of people demanding we ban guns. Especially the ones they personally don't like. And as we have proved over and over and over it is not the law abiding gun owner that is the problem. Rather it is the criminal element that illegally possess guns and use them for illegal purposes. For some strange reason that the do-gooders can't seem to fathom criminals just don't care about their silly laws.

That you are.

I am paranoid??? LOL Keep all the guns you want, just make them safe from children, thieves, and don't sell them to someone you do not know without a background check. You may not carry your gun on your car seat but there are plenty who do. Good grief, one person I met boasted about sleeping with a loaded gun under his pillow. I asked his wife if she slept in the same bed. Apparently she doesn't,

Now, the neighbor man shooting across the road at our dog (which by the way was with my children) into our field is no longer around, and the motorcycle supply store that replaced it is a vast improvement, A crazy man with a gun " to protect himself" was worse than the crowds of cyclists that descend on the store from spring to fall. The cyclists are quite delightful.

I wonder how come Canada's stats on gun woundings and homicides is soo much better than US per 100,000? Are you suggesting that the US citizens are so much less civilized than Canadians??
Last edited by bluebyrd35; Jan 17th, 2017 at 11:38 AM..

Machjo
Cyclists riding to a motorbike shop: I take it they're planning to upgrade?

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Machjo View Post

Cyclists riding to a motorbike shop: I take it they're planning to upgrade?

They also sell motorcycles. Perhaps they are trading up. Those things cost big bucks and in PQ there are a great many more obstacles to owning them than most other places.

Machjo

They also sell motorcycles. Perhaps they are trading up. Those things cost big bucks and in PQ there are a great many more obstacles to owning them than most other places.

I'd love to see a shop that sells bicycles and motorbikes and allows trade-ups. I'd take pictures for a laugh.

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation

I'd love to see a shop that sells bicycles and motorbikes and allows trade-ups. I'd take pictures for a laugh.

Huh,,,,,Where did I say they sold anything by motorbikes? Even motorbikes are called cyclists here in Daytona.

Machjo

Huh,,,,,Where did I say they sold anything by motorbikes? Even motorbikes are called cyclists here in Daytona.

Here we'd call them motorcyclists or bikers. We could call them cyclists too, but we'd usually associate that with the calorie-powered bikes.

JamesBondo
+2
Paranoia = when bluebyrd realizes that the law abiding citizen next door to her has a statistical risk of going on a shooting rampage, and her solution is to take away all firearms from all people.

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

Paranoia = when bluebyrd realizes that the law abiding citizen next door to her has a statistical risk of going on a shooting rampage, and her solution is to take away all firearms from all people.

It tickles me to see that your general comprehension rates is as high as your reading comprehension ,,,,,,,,,there is none. The rule of repeating a lie often enough doesn't work in my case,

All countries that have decent gun laws, have much, much lower homicides, accidental shootings among children and adults, suicides and woundings that those who do not, Not once, has any one here mentioned the absolutely huge difference between the US gun violence stats and those have those decent laws,

Before you once more infer where I advocate taking away "all firearms from all people".........include a quote where I have ever said that!!

Here we'd call them motorcyclists or bikers. We could call them cyclists too, but we'd usually associate that with the calorie-powered bikes.

Well that's Ottawa for you!! Bicycles outnumber motorcycles. Where I live in Quebec. there is no bicycle path and one could get killed really quickly on one,

bobnoorduyn
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Sane people have a proper understanding about guns which is widely recognized and from what I can see precludes the need for any more useless discussion on the matter. (Almost 7000 posts!!!!!!!!!!!)

Unfortunately it apparently does; are the RCMP sane? You decide.

https://youtu.be/SBi-e59W2ZY

Another interesting article:

https://canadianfirearmsblog.ca/8-re...ad-place-guns/

Danbones
Free Thinker
gunfree chicago is the guncrime capitol of the US
in addition most, if not all, of the school shootings ( that actually did happen, and weren't false flags) take place in gunfree zones:
because the shooters don't like the competition

82 Shot, 15 Dead in City with the Strictest Gun Laws in the United States

Chicago's murder rate soars 72% in 2016; shootings up more than 88%

...and that is the lefts vision for ALL of the US

bobnoorduyn
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

gunfree chicago is the guncrime capitol of the US
in addition most, if not all, of the school shootings ( that actually did happen, and weren't false flags) take place in gunfree zones:
because the shooters don't like the competition

...and that is the lefts vision for ALL of the US

No, left's vision would be total disarmament, and not just for the US. What you have posted is result of their misguided vision, obvious proof that their vision does not garner the results they espouse would come from that vision. It is either so perverse that even they don't see it or ... oh wait, I get it now.

spaminator
Brazen gunman target teens in random shootings | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto

Lunatic shooters hunting humans | WARMINGTON | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Su

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by bobnoorduyn View Post

No, left's vision would be total disarmament, and not just for the US. What you have posted is result of their misguided vision, obvious proof that their vision does not garner the results they espouse would come from that vision. It is either so perverse that even they don't see it or ... oh wait, I get it now.

The right's vision is to have all teachers, armed in the classrooms!! In fact I foresee the attempt to lower the gun carrying age to 13 or14 to solve the problem. What is it with the knee-jerk reaction to sensible control of guns!!

Danbones
Free Thinker
+1
chicago

taxslave
Free Thinker
+1

The right's vision is to have all teachers, armed in the classrooms!! In fact I foresee the attempt to lower the gun carrying age to 13 or14 to solve the problem. What is it with the knee-jerk reaction to sensible control of guns!!

The sensible do control their guns. It is the rest of the gun carriers that we must protect ourselves against.

Danbones
Free Thinker
also the knife wielders, the pressure cooker bombers, and the truck drivers
...and what the hell do you do if someone brings a Cessna to a gun fight?

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

also the knife wielders, the pressure cooker bombers, and the truck drivers
...and what the hell do you do if someone brings a Cessna to a gun fight?

Don't kill 'em. Just wing 'em.

spaminator
Shocking video shows teen being shot in mall parking lot | Toronto & GTA | News

Tecumsehsbones

The right's vision is to have all teachers, armed in the classrooms!! In fact I foresee the attempt to lower the gun carrying age to 13 or14 to solve the problem.

You mean, so all the teachers between 13 and 21 can carry guns?

#NoLivesMatter

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation

You mean, so all the teachers between 13 and 21 can carry guns?

#NoLivesMatter

Ask DeVos. That may be exactly what she has in mind. She'll catch up on the fine print of the dossier in a year or two.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Ask DeVos. That may be exactly what she has in mind. She'll catch up on the fine print of the dossier in a year or two.

I ain't sure Ms DeVos is advocating teenage teachers. Got a quote or anything?

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
I ain't sure what Ms DeVos is advocating, fullstop. Nobody else seems to know, either. She is your education Secretary because Pence considers her to be tame. Anyway, everybody knows that kindergarten teachers with guns in holsters on their hips will make America great, again. If they happen to be thirteen year old kindergarten teachers, it would surprise me not. The only thing that prevents your country from being the laughing stock of the planet is how incredibly dangerous the position of President can be to us all in the hands of a crazy person.