Anyone have ideas about driving after a drink or two?

JLM
Vaughan car crash: Man faces 18 charges after 3 siblings, grandfather killed - Toronto - CBC News

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
He should be charged with 2nd degree murder. Intent to kill. Idiot.

petros
+1
Car crash. Good choice of words since it was no accident.

lone wolf
+1
Courts will sentence him concurrently. There's no justice

Walter
What's the point of the thread title?

AnnaG
+2
I have an idea about it: if you imbibe, get someone else to drive. Same for pot or anything else that can cause distraction or impairment.

Walter
How much did the idiot driver have before the crash?

MHz
Perhaps they should have a VR program where anybody who wants to drink and drive do a test under several 'levels' and some might drive better with a beer under their belt but another with that same level might be as bad as a driver who has downed 12 beer. The replay of the VR driving might be a better deterrent if they see with their own eyes just how badly they drive under emergency conditions.

selfsame
Wine is dangerous to the community, for this reason it is forbidden in the heavenly religion.
The Disagreement of the

AnnaG
+5
#10  Top Rated Post
"Heavenly religion". roflmao

Wine isn't dangerous. What one does AFTER drinking it might be. But most people can drink it without any problems resulting from it.

selfsame
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

"Heavenly religion". roflmao

Wine isn't dangerous. What one does AFTER drinking it might be. But most people can drink it without any problems resulting from it.

This is very wrong.

AnnaG
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by selfsame View Post

This is very wrong.

Nope. You are.

MHz
Explain why the nickname for wine is 'porch climber'.

AnnaG
Erm, because some fools imbibe too much of it?
DUH

Locutus
+1
if society took as much interest in impaired (by any means) and distracted (tech-spastics) driving as they do about cancer lotteries, bike lanes and loud chewing, maybe we'd get somewhere.

guess we really need a slew of high profile deaths for us to take notice and actually care.

AnnaG
Pretty much. I agree.

Loud chewing?

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

Courts will sentence him concurrently. There's no justice

I suppose the explanation will be all the deaths were concurrent!

Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

How much did the idiot driver have before the crash?

Obviously 0.08 or better.

Wine is dangerous to the community, for this reason it is forbidden in the heavenly religion.
The Disagreement of the

Oh, you are going to go all holy on us now are you?

Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

What's the point of the thread title?

To get ideas from people about driving after drinking!

I have an idea about it: if you imbibe, get someone else to drive. Same for pot or anything else that can cause distraction or impairment.

I'd give you two thumbs up if I could!

Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

You ever drink cheap wine?

Locutus

Pretty much. I agree.

Loud chewing?

and any other pet projects they imagine need our 'help'.

Tecumsehsbones
+5

The Disagreement of the

Too bad they don't forbid suicide belts and car bombs for the same reason.

taxslave

The Disagreement of the

Your cult is dangerous to humanity,

Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Porch climber generally refers to moonshine.

Having been on the cleanup end of more than one drunk driving fatality I am all in favor of the death penalty for drunk driving causing death and much more than a year of no license just for impaired driving.

Cannuck

What about lack of sleep? Aging? As for the thread topic, drinking a couple of drinks and driving is fine for most people.

I just read somewhere yesterday that scientists now say that 3-4 glasses of wine per day significantly reduces your chances of giving a ****

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

You ever drink cheap wine?

Nope, only the best, magnum(s) of Baby Duck Champagne

Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

What about lack of sleep? Aging? As for the thread topic, drinking a couple of drinks and driving is fine for most people.

I just read somewhere yesterday that scientists now say that 3-4 glasses of wine per day significantly reduces your chances of giving a ****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKVj3YrBclo

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Having been on the cleanup end of more than one drunk driving fatality I am all in favor of the death penalty for drunk driving causing death and much more than a year of no license just for impaired driving.

....but that's only because you're overly emotional

AnnaG

What about lack of sleep?

Do people imbibe that? Do they pack it around like a cellphone? But anyways, people can choose not to drive when they are too tired to drive.
Quote:

Aging?

Really? Is that something you can avoid like booze or cellphones?
Quote:

As for the thread topic, drinking a couple of drinks and driving is fine for most people.

So you are qualified to speak for most people huh? Who says?

Kreskin
Did he have one or two?

Cannuck

Do people imbibe that? Do they pack it around like a cellphone? But anyways, people can choose not to drive when they are too tired to drive. Really? Is that something you can avoid like booze or cellphones?

Just Ike alcohol, people can choose not to drive when their reaction times become impaired regardless of the cause. Many choose not to.

So you are qualified to speak for most people huh? Who says?

Says my ability to read. There's a reason there isn't a requirement for zero BAC here. You should read up on it.

AnnaG

Says my ability to read. There's a reason there isn't a requirement for zero BAC here. You should read up on it.

Anyone can read in some manner or other. So that means anyone can speak for everyone, according to you.

hahaha

BTW< MHz, Baby Duck is not champagne. http://www.thewinecompany.net/sparkl...-vs-champagne/

JLM

Is that something you can avoid like booze or cellphones?

I think at age 110 a person should be required to take a road test before any future driving!

AnnaG
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I think at age 110 a person should be required to take a road test before any future driving!

haha

I think BC requires a yearly testing after a certain age. I may be wrong, though.

Cannuck

Anyone can read in some manner or other. So that means anyone can speak for everyone, according to you.

did you ride the short school bus to school? You do understand that you can google "BAC and impairment"? Has Petros been giving you lessons at looking silly?

haha

I think BC requires a yearly testing after a certain age. I may be wrong, though.

Most people with a BAC of 0.08 could pass the test.