Trump will lose in a landslide


mentalfloss
#1
Bets?


Trump will lose in a landslide because of the economy, new election model predicts

The economy has gone from President Donald Trump's greatest political asset to perhaps his biggest weakness.

Unemployment is spiking at an unprecedented rate. Consumer spending is vanishing. And GDP is collapsing.

The coronavirus recession will cause Trump to suffer a "historic defeat" in November, a national election model released Wednesday by Oxford Economics predicted.

The model, which uses unemployment, disposable income and inflation to forecast election results, predicts that Trump will lose in a landslide, capturing just 35% of the popular vote. That's a sharp reversal from the model's pre-crisis prediction that Trump would win about 55% of the vote. And it would be the worst performance for an incumbent in a century.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/busin...obs/index.html
 
petros
+2
#2
Does Biden even know he is running?
 
mentalfloss
#3
Does he need to?
 
Avro52
+1
#4
Way to early to tell if Trump will lose let alone bigly.

If it's based solely on the economy he could win. There is still strength there, look no further than the Dows recovery from 19,000 to nearly 25,000.

If he loses it will be because of his mishandling of the pandemic and Trump fatigue....some may just want his BS to go away.
 
DaSleeper
+2 / -1
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Bets?


Anyone but Biden might have stood a chance!

Here is the answer we give up north to a ridiculous bet.....


"I'll bet you a frozen rabbit!"
 
petros
+1
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Does he need to?

It would help.
 
Avro52
#7
Good news! MY New re-election strategy is to blame President Obama! He's Grossly IMCOMPETENT! Over 1.5 million Americans infected! 93,000 died! Not enough virus tests! No National Plan for disinfectant injections! Federal government response is AWFUL! Yet Obama does NOTHING! Sad!

-DJT
 
DaSleeper
+2
#8
I kinda wish Biden would win......
Four years of fun following his verbal gaffs!
He'd be a gift to stand-up comedians....
 
petros
+2
#9
Why is Obama campaigning on behalf of Biden? Does Biden know?
 
petros
+2
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

I kinda wish Biden would win......
Four years of fun following his verbal gaffs!
He'd be a gift to stand-up comedians....

Stand ups yes, network comedians no.
 
Avro52
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Why is Obama campaigning on behalf of Biden? Does Biden know?

Only thing that matters is Trump knows.

It’s clear Biden was the guy his campaign was worried about.

Trump was pissing his pants on Twitter last night.
 
Hoid
#12
The democrats will beat Trump with the presumptive nominee. Not too sure how many more business as usual elections they can afford down there.
 
Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+3
#13  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

The democrats will beat Trump with the presumptive nominee. Not too sure how many more business as usual elections they can afford down there.

Biden has been in politics for 40 years and has accomplished NOTHING in that time. And you think he won't be business as usual? Man, have I got some prime swampland to sell you and I'll even throw in a bridge for free.


Not surprised you support him. You've clearly shown you don't give a shit about pedophiles or those who commit sexual assault, as long as they self-identify as "progressive". Yep, it sure is funny watching the same group of half-witted partisan retards who pushed the whole #MeToo movement suddenly throw it under the bus because it would seriously affect Biden's chances of getting elected.


This kind of bullshit is STRAIGHT out of the KGB playbook for destroying the West. Paint your political opponent as some kind of monster or traitor, even if you have to make it up as you go along, while claiming your own improprieties and illegal acts that you've been accused of to be flat-out lies/propaganda. The main difference being is the MSM has voluntarily chosen to be the mouthpiece for left-wing extremist morons in the West.


By the way, I seem to recall talks about a landslide victory for Clinton in 2015. How'd that work out for ya?
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Biden has been in politics for 40 years and has accomplished NOTHING in that time. And you think he won't be business as usual? Man, have I got some prime swampland to sell you and I'll even throw in a bridge for free.

Nonsense. He was instrumental in running up the incarceration rate to the highest in the world and focussing it on black people.

And he led the effort to discredit Anita Hill.

By the way, have you actually seen the KGB playbook for destroying the West, or are you just Commie-hunting again?
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
#15
Biden will "beat Trump like a drum"
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Biden will "beat Trump like a drum"

I'd much rather see Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson do that.

Or maybe Tatyana Ali.

I'm not sure ol' Joe's up to delivering a truly epic beat-down. "It's like being savaged by a dead sheep." -- Denis Healey, 1978.
 
DaSleeper
#17
I'm sure looking forward to four years of comic relief!
 
Walter
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

I kinda wish Biden would win......
Four years of fun following his verbal gaffs!
He'd be a gift to stand-up comedians....

They wouldn’t touch him cuz he’s a Dem.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

I'm sure looking forward to four years of comic relief!

What do you think you've been experiencing since 20 Jan 2017?

Bigly covfefe and injecting Clorox.

The comedians don't even need to write jokes. Just run the clips.
 
Avro52
#20
new Fox News national poll:

Biden 48%
Trump 40%
 
Blackleaf
#21


It's over, Magapedes! #Biden has the high ground! Apparently, COVID-19 will be attributed exclusively to #Trump, despite the fact that Democrat governors are the ones locking-down their states. Therefore, Trump default loses the #2020 election.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8WeXy8teWQ
 
Walter
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post


It's over, Magapedes! #Biden has the high ground! Apparently, COVID-19 will be attributed exclusively to #Trump, despite the fact that Democrat governors are the ones locking-down their states. Therefore, Trump default loses the #2020 election.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8WeXy8teWQ

And the Pope is Jewish.
 
Walter
#23
The issue which will determine the outcome of the November election has occurred yet.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

And the Pope is Jewish.

Did you get that from QAnon?
 
Blackleaf
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

And the Pope is Jewish.

It's alright. He's being sarcastic.
 
Avro52
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

The issue which will determine the outcome of the November election has occurred yet.

Wut?
 
Walter
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

The issue which will determine the outcome of the November election has occurred yet.

Hasn’t occurred yet. Mea culpa.
 
mentalfloss
#28
Georgia now a swing state??!? NO WAI

Georgia is a swing state in 2020
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/23/polit...ion/index.html
 
Hoid
#29
btw Trump will not lose in a landslide. US presidential elections are basically toss-ups.

he lost the pop vote to Hillary by 3 million and will lose by a more than that to Biden, but the way the election is rigged it is still a toss up
 
Tecumsehsbones
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

btw Trump will not lose in a landslide. US presidential elections are basically toss-ups.
he lost the pop vote to Hillary by 3 million and will lose by a more than that to Biden, but the way the election is rigged it is still a toss up

For values of rigged = operated according to rules that have been in place for 233 years, are fully understood by everybody with 10% of a brain, but which produced an outcome Hoid doesn't like.
 

Similar Threads

38
Landslide!!!!
by Avro | Nov 6th, 2008
1
Landslide buries homes
by I think not | Feb 17th, 2006