The Trudeau-Trump Factor

Retired_Can_Soldier
As the United States slips deeper into a polarized malaise, one has to ask, "What is the appeal of Donald Trump and are the supporters really that misinformed?" I consider myself a conservative, I don't care for the Trudeau government and think they have done much to hurt the country (pre-covid-19) by pandering to special interest, spending like a drunken sailor, handcuffing the energy sector and acting in arrogant manner that usually behooves a stagnant arrogant two or three term government. So, that is my preamble. A declaration that I am not a loony left winger who thinks that as long we keep printing money that the economy will correct itself.

But here's the deal. Why can't people understand that you can hate the Trudeau government and that doesn't automatically have to make you a Trump supporter? From the get go, Donald Trump has exposed himself as unqualified, uninformed, arrogant, and just as self-serving as Justin Trudeau. Both have been caught in scandals, both used their political advantages to shut down investigations and escape accountability for their actions.

Trudeau SNC Lavalin. Trump Impeachment for the Ukraine Debacle.

On both sides, supporters made excuses. Trudeau was trying to save job losses in Quebec, therefore he was justified in bullying an attorney general, lying about it on national television and replacing her. But...but...but...jobs. Jobs in his riding. Trump's scandal, on the other hand, is tantamount to a Supernova Watergate. Withholding funding from the Ukrainian's as they are under the threat of war from Russia (maybe we can talk about Putin later) unless they provided dirt on his political opponent, Joe Biden. I make the Watergate comparison because it really was about breaking the rules to gain political advantage. Nixon resigned, love him or hate him, because of his connection to the scandal, but he did the right thing when the chips were down. He resigned. Trump supporters and the propaganda machine, FOX NEWS , spun the idea that as President, Donald Trump has the right to investigate anybody. And he does, if he employs the many available law enforcement arms he has at his disposal, such as Interpol or the FBI, but let's get something straight friends and neighbors, he isn't Marshall Matt Dillon, so stick your spin doctoring where the sun don't shine.

So what gives? As a conservative, I am willing to acknowledge that Andrew Scheer was the wrong choice to run against the scandal ridden Liberal government, that has been called out as a cult, by former Chretien strategist, Warren Kinsella. Scheer blew it because he is a deep social conservative, one who has grassroots in the religious right, who has demonstrated that he is just another idiot pig at the trough in Ottawa. So we got stuck with the clueless, kid and handed him our Gold Card for as long as his government can survive in minority status.

So, I get the anger conservatives have with the Trudeau government, I work in the energy industry, which has had the shit kicked out of it by an inept government that blocks pipelines east because they don't want Alberta's dirty oil. Apparently, Saudi oil isn't dirty as its shipped across the ocean. It's only bloody and we don't worry about blood, that's the cost of doing business. Right? I mean we just sold them a pile of military equipment. So what if they're slaughtering people in Yemen, oppressing women, and are so backward thinking, but capitalist. And that makes it okay. Because capitalism. But wait! I thought Trudeau is all about human rights? About equality for all.gay, straight, male, female, or as we say, the GSMF group. Take that LBTSQ! The lies that stack up in politics are so thick, you could use them to roof a house or pave a highway.

Meanwhile back in Trump land we are watching a nation unravel before our eyes. The American people, not all of them, have elected the dumbed down version of Kim Jong-un. Dumbed down, because Donald J Trump, the 45th President of the United States has absolutely no idea what he is doing when it comes to foreign policy, (abandons NATO partners in Syria), national security, (undermines everyone from the top medical professionals to the Governors of the United (ha) States. He encourages civil disobedience toward his perceived political opponents. Liberate Michigan, he tweets to the knuckle dragging mouth breathers carrying signs that say "Heil Hitler). I believe what we are seeing here is an empire on the verge of imploding. There will be civil disobedience and this man is feeding that.

Having been born in the 60's, I have seen many things in history. Embattled presidents, public revolt, terrorism, I have seen my friends and comrades come home in flag draped boxes, but I have ever seen a polarized divide like this. Never seen people embracing this despot because they hate that despot. I guess the bulk of society are at the core, nothing but a bunch monkeys holding a hand full of feces ready to whip it at the other monkeys holding feces for a counter attack because it's easier to be a follower than to look at things critically.

We need a revolution of common sense in the world. I'll leave it there, but with a challenge, and here it is.

Ignore the talking points, disregard the propaganda and turn that critical eye inward.

You might learn something.

Avro52
Well written and well thought out. Thank you for that and I have trouble finding any flaws in what you presented.

Only thing I may add is with Trump their is something new every single day.......multiple times.

I mean, does anybody even remember he and his kids were convicted of stealing from their own charity, had to pay a 3 million dollar fine and are to take classes on how to run a charity?

For a normal head of state that is huge but with this guy it's just another day.

pgs
Free Thinker
I read up to SNC Lavalin and impeachment , sorry you lost me there , they are not the same thing or even remotely close . SNC Lavilon was a coverup of crime . Impeachment was a Democrat operation to cover Joe Bidenís shady dealing with Ukraine. Sorry RCS I may check the rest of your screed later . Not defending Trump here but apples are apples and oranges are oranges .

Retired_Can_Soldier
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

I read up to SNC Lavalin and impeachment , sorry you lost me there , they are not the same thing or even remotely close . SNC Lavilon was a coverup of crime . Impeachment was a Democrat operation to cover Joe Biden’s shady dealing with Ukraine. Sorry RCS I may check the rest of your screed later . Not defending Trump here but apples are apples and oranges are oranges .

And there, pgs, you made the point of the op.

Their followers are exactly the same, but on polar edges of the fringe.

You do know, you can criticize both of them? Right? I mean you don't have to. That is your prerogative, but you just make the whole point. I'm sorry I have a preconceived notion because I choose to accept this information and shut out that information, narrowing my decision.

On many things, I agree and support your positions. But the Trump thing is an enigma to me. He is the most under qualified, crooked, lying, president the nation has seen in my lifetime. Today he says #fireFauci, tomorrow he says he didn't say that and chocks his own tweets up to fake news.

I don't get it?

Avro52
+1
#5  Top Rated Post

I read up to SNC Lavalin and impeachment , sorry you lost me there , they are not the same thing or even remotely close . SNC Lavilon was a coverup of crime . Impeachment was a Democrat operation to cover Joe Bidenís shady dealing with Ukraine. Sorry RCS I may check the rest of your screed later . Not defending Trump here but apples are apples and oranges are oranges .

Right about SNC wrong about Ukraine.

Avro52
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

You do know, you can criticize both of them? Right? I mean you don't have to. That is your prerogative, but you just make the whole point. I'm sorry I have a preconceived notion because I choose to accept this information and shut out that information, narrowing my decision.

On many things, I agree and support your positions. But the Trump thing is an enigma to me. He is the most under qualified, crooked, lying, president the nation has seen in my lifetime. Today he says #fireFauci, tomorrow he says he didn't say that and chocks his own tweets up to fake news.
I don't get it?

He stole from his own charity to buy a painting of himself.

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

I don't get it?

I am not blinded by any loyalty to Trump and watched and followed the whole impeachment fiasco starting with Joe Biden bragging on camera about withholding unless the prosecutor was fired , and by George the prosecutor was fired before I got to the airport .
Yes the impeachment was so solid not one never Trump Republican Member of Congress could bring him(her)self to vote for it .This in the U.S. House of Representatives which rarely if ever have 100% votes along party lines . Is that coincidence? Are their no Republicans left who think like you , or did they just not like the smell ?

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro52 View Post

Right about SNC wrong about Ukraine.

Good explain why , other then allowing your hatred of Trump to cloud your judgement . Why would no Republican Member of Congress support this action ?

Retired_Can_Soldier

Good explain why , other then allowing your hatred of Trump to cloud your judgement . Why would no Republican Member of Congress support this action ?

Because they are blinded by power.

Avro52

Fear.

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

Because they are blinded by power.

Sorry RCS as much as I respect your opinion you are out to lunch on this one . If you want mealy mouthed say nothing , do nothing representatives Trump is not your man .

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

Fear.

Of what ? Unlike Canada no Republican Member of Congress requires the Presidents approval ..

Avro52

Of what ? Unlike Canada no Republican Member of Congress requires the Presidents approval ..

The Trump horde.

Itís his party now and they know it. What happens to republicans who defy him?

Avro52

Sorry RCS as much as I respect your opinion you are out to lunch on this one . If you want mealy mouthed say nothing , do nothing representatives Trump is not your man .

Wow, you’re in love.
Last edited by Avro52; Apr 19th, 2020 at 11:34 PM..

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

The Trump horde.

Nothing until the next election . The leader of The Liberal Party of Canada can expel sitting MPís from the party and strip them of their position ( think Judy Wilson ) .

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

Wow, you’re in love.

No Someone must counter your irrational hatred . Have you never heard hatred is bad for both the soul and heart . Maybe break curfew and visit a church or temple sometime and you might find peace .

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+1 / -1

The Trump horde.

Who...the f*ck...cares?! How is that ANY different than what's been going on in Canadian politics for years. And how exactly, is it "Trump's party"? He has 4 more years at best to play president and then he'll be out of politics forever. Hell, he'll probably be less of a footnote than Carter.

EagleSmack

The Trump horde.

Like Republican Gov. Charlie Baker of Massachusetts? He absolutely destroyed his Democrat opponents in a solid blue state. In the 2018 Election he beat his Democrat opponent with 67% of the vote.

It all depends on where you are.

Cliffy
Free Thinker

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Just more fakebook shit!

We know We know!

pgs
Free Thinker

He is so dreamy , does he give you a tingle down the leg ?

Cliffy
Free Thinker

He is so dreamy , does he give you a tingle down the leg ?

Do you get a stiffy whenever Trump opens his rectum shaped pie hole?

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Yes Wally, we know you do.

pgs
Free Thinker

Do you get a stiffy whenever Trump opens his rectum shaped pie hole?

Nah he is not my type . Did you notice those socks Justine wears , isnít he just so dreamy ?

DaSleeper
Anyone who has done any amount of photography knows that with digital cameras, out of dozens or even a hundred takes, if you like the subject you will keep only the best ones or if you don't like him, like the mainstream media feels about Trump well...........

But my main beef is in videos, having taken well over 1000 of them with both video cameras and cell phones..
is those damn vertical videos!
Last edited by DaSleeper; May 6th, 2020 at 09:33 AM..

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Anyone who has done any amount of photography knows that with digital cameras, out of dozens or even a hundred takes, if you like the subject you will keep only the best ones or if you don't like him, like the mainstream media fells about Trump well...........
But my main beef is in videos, having taken well over 500 of them with both video cameras and cell phones..
is those damn vertical videos!

A technique pioneered with good ol' film by the legendary photographer Ansel Adams. He took hundreds of thousands of pictures, and picked the best ones, well under 1% of the total.

Hoid
Digital allows you to discard many pics without developing them.