Stop our dependency on China!!!


B00Mer
#1
It took a disaster, but finally the entire world seems to be waking up to how the globalist NWO elitists have systematically weakened every country who was convinced that out sourcing was a good thing

Silver linings.....

https://youtu.be/1pXlu1hZ2Po

 
B00Mer
+1
#2
Start buying Made in Canada or Made in The USA!!

Bring our jobs home.
 
DaSleeper
#3
Any time you order from Amazon...most of the stuff is made in China
 
Blackleaf
+1
#4
We'll be even more dependent on China once the lockdown has f*cked us up.

Many are under the impression that China has given the virus to the world in order to put us into lockdown and **** our economies up, making China supreme.

The Chinese leaders are laughing at us. They're loving it.
 
B00Mer
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Any time you order from Amazon...most of the stuff is made in China

I don't buy on Amazon
 
Twin_Moose
+1
#6
There is going to be a lot more White Natty's for awhile after this pandemic is over.

Canada building its own PPE supply chain in China

Quote:

When Cargojet flight 1392 touched down in Hamilton on Saturday it brought with it millions of badly needed N95 respirator masks to help in the fight against COVID-19.
The Boeing 767 was the third delivery of critical supplies arriving under a made-for-Canada plan set up with the help of diplomats and consultants in China, a warehouse in Shanghai, and two of Canada's airlines.
The plan was born out of urgency. With the global market for medical supplies overwhelmed by chaos and acts of piracy, Canada needed to take some of the risk out of securing everything from badly needed medical masks to gowns to gloves.
Federal bureaucrats and political staff handling procurement of medical supplies were frustrated by deliveries showing up late. Unreliable and profiteering brokers were driving prices through the roof. Rival countries were buying shipments out from under each other...…...More

 
Blackleaf
#7
So Canada is receiving PPE from China?
 
B00Mer
+4
#8  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

So Canada is receiving PPE from China?

Yes and it was faulty..

Canada and other countries have had to recall massive amounts..

https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...m-china-2020-3
 
petros
+2
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Start buying Made in Canada or Made in The USA!!
Bring our jobs home.

We dont want the cancer causing and repetitive stress or just dangerous to begin with jobs back, do we? How much manufacturing is now robotic or batch products?
 
B00Mer
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

How much manufacturing is now robotic or batch products?

Most
 
petros
+2
#11
So not really any jobs to gain just products.
 
Serryah
+1
#12
I'd love for all Canadian made products.


I'd love to not have "Buy China" or "Buy USA" as an option.


So here's the question then for all those who would rather not buy China or anywhere else...


Are you willing to pay the increased prices for things made in Canada? Cause that's what will happen. You know all those rules and regulations we have that the corporate doesn't like? That's one reason they go to China; cause China and other places aren't so strict. They think it's great to put mercury and asbestos in things still and have questionable practices and pay just pennies a day. Meanwhile, we don't like that in Canada...


So which do you want, cheap goods made with near slave labor, or made in Canada goods at higher prices?
 
petros
+1
#13
"Assembled in Canada" is more likely than "Made in Canada".

The only way to beat Shenzhen is build a bigger more efficient Shenzhen in North America.......

Or there is another option. Air raids on Shenzhen.

That ain't gonna happen.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

"Assembled in Canada" is more likely than "Made in Canada".
The only way to beat Shenzhen is build a bigger more efficient Shenzhen in North America.......
Or there is another option. Air raids on Shenzhen.
That ain't gonna happen.

Not without our permission, anyhow.
 
petros
+1
#15
Another option is to teach Nor Am kids in kindergarten how to solder.
 
pgs
+1
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Another option is to teach Nor Am kids in kindergarten how to solder.

Shop class , how droll , and 19th century.
 
petros
+2
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Shop class , how droll , and 19th century.

Too masculine and feminine for today's whatevers.
 
Twin_Moose
+2
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

So Canada is receiving PPE from China?

Where do you think you get most of yours?
 
Jinentonix
+2
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

I'd love for all Canadian made products.


I'd love to not have "Buy China" or "Buy USA" as an option.


So here's the question then for all those who would rather not buy China or anywhere else...


Are you willing to pay the increased prices for things made in Canada? Cause that's what will happen. You know all those rules and regulations we have that the corporate doesn't like? That's one reason they go to China;

Yes and no. One of the major catalysts for the move to offshore all that manufacturing were the new investor protection laws that were brought in after the ENRON fiasco. The law stated that publicly traded companies had a legal responsibility to shareholders to keep the profits up. So by moving manufacturing offshore to places they could pay 1/10th the wage they do in NA they were merely "obeying the law". I hope you also read my response with the cynicism that was intended. I'm not defending the move, just explaining it.


However, as China's prosperity increases so do the wages. There's already been a slow move on businesses leaving China for places like Vietnam, Bangladesh, and other potential third and developing world locations in Asia because they can pay less in wages while still being within to the massive Asian market.
 
taxslave
+1
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Yes and no. One of the major catalysts for the move to offshore all that manufacturing were the new investor protection laws that were brought in after the ENRON fiasco. The law stated that publicly traded companies had a legal responsibility to shareholders to keep the profits up. So by moving manufacturing offshore to places they could pay 1/10th the wage they do in NA they were merely "obeying the law". I hope you also read my response with the cynicism that was intended. I'm not defending the move, just explaining it.
However, as China's prosperity increases so do the wages. There's already been a slow move on businesses leaving China for places like Vietnam, Bangladesh, and other potential third and developing world locations in Asia because they can pay less in wages while still being within to the massive Asian market.

There is also the near total lack of environmental rules in these places. They cost megabucks to adhere to.
A good example of this even here is a subsidiary of the company I work for makes steel disposal bins. Big sales to California. Now you might ask yourself how a small company on Vancouver Island can make steel bins and sell competitively into California market? The answer is California has a law against the type of paint the disposal companies want being applied in California. But they are fine with it being applied elsewhere.
 
Avro52
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Start buying Made in Canada or Made in The USA!!
Bring our jobs home.

Goods will cost more and dividends that fund pensions will be less.

Maybe pressure China to close wet markets.
 
petros
+1
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

However, as China's prosperity increases so do the wages. There's already been a slow move on businesses leaving China for places like Vietnam, Bangladesh, and other potential third and developing world locations in Asia because they can pay less in wages while still being within to the massive Asian market.

Vietnam is a tourist destination for Chinese. It's like their version of Mexico. My friend was amazed at how cheap everything was and she is Chinese.
 
B00Mer
+1
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro52 View Post

Goods will cost more and dividends that fund pensions will be less.

Maybe pressure China to close wet markets.

HUH, so money over lives and self sufficiency. okey-doke
 
Avro52
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

HUH, so money over lives and self sufficiency. okey-doke


I'm just telling you what would happen.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

I'd love for all Canadian made products.
I'd love to not have "Buy China" or "Buy USA" as an option.

I'm sure Chinese companies will be happy to stamp their products "Made in Canada/Faire en Canada" for you.
 
B00Mer
+1
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Where do you think you get most of yours?

He doesn't, think that is.
 
Twin_Moose
+1
#27
China's virus death toll revised up sharply after review

Liberal government’s 'almost humiliating' posture toward China a missed opportunity: former top diplomat

Hobbled by coronavirus, China's Q1 GDP shrinks for first time on record
 
ezystorage
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Many are under the impression that China has given the virus to the world in order to put us into lockdown and **** our economies up, making China supreme.

Do you believe this?

Also sir, I know who you are and if this is about bringing back Europe's glorious days when you ruled the world, you can forget about it. You hate the Americans for ruling the world, you will hate the Chinese when they rule the world, the world will hate Europe when they rule it once again. Did you forget that you killed one another, twice?
 
petros
+2
#29
The CCP member ezstorage is gone.
 
spilledthebeer
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

I'm sure Chinese companies will be happy to stamp their products "Made in Canada/Faire en Canada" for you.




Apparently they ALREADY DO! One of the reasons given for putting Yankee tariffs on "Cdn" steel and aluminum

during the NAFTA negotiations was due to the amount of such CHINESE MADE MATERIAL that Cdn companies were buying



and essentially smuggling into United States UNDER FALSE PRETENSES!!


In your happy ignorance you would not have seen a W-5 tv show that detailed the CRA tax troubles of a Cdn company


based in B.C. some years back that was EXPORTING HIGH END computer chips to China which were being grabbed up



BY THE CHINESE MILITARY in an end run AROUND United States export laws!


And Yankees noticed and complained to Ottawa and as the govt at the time was led by Conservative Harper - ACTION WAS TAKEN!


And the harmful exports CEASED!


This is ONE EXAMPLE of why Trump administration has started to view LIE-beral Canada as a SECURITY RISK!


Our idiot Boy and his loser LIE-berals are NOT CLEAR on whose side they are on!