Alberta: 25% Unemployment Rate Incoming


mentalfloss
-1
#1




Kenney warns Alberta headed for 25% unemployment

"Based on some polling that we've done and some analysis, I fully expect unemployment in Alberta to be at least 25 per cent, at least half a million unemployed Albertans."

If that happens, it would mark the highest unemployment rate in any Canadian province since modern records began.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...sium-1.5524461
Last edited by mentalfloss; Apr 7th, 2020 at 11:15 PM..
 
Walter
+1
#2
Mass hysteria is never a good thing.
 
B00Mer
Republican
+2 / -1
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Mass hysteria is never a good thing.

Quit being a Covidoit..
 
B00Mer
Republican
+1
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post


Kenney warns Alberta headed for 25% unemployment
"Based on some polling that we've done and some analysis, I fully expect unemployment in Alberta to be at least 25 per cent, at least half a million unemployed Albertans."
If that happens, it would mark the highest unemployment rate in any Canadian province since modern records began.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...sium-1.5524461

Good assumable mortgages again and cheap real estate..

Good times ahead
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
+2 / -1
#5
Just what TrudOWE wants to see. 50% unemployment in the west would give him an orgasm.
 
Hoid
#6
There is no doubt that Alberta is in trouble.

one horse economies generally do not perform well when that one horse is injured.
 
B00Mer
Republican
+5
#7  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

There is no doubt that Alberta is in trouble.
one horse economies generally do not perform well when that one horse is injured.

One horse, oil, beef, agriculture, tourism..

You're an idiot
 
B00Mer
Republican
+4
#8
Good news 660 billion dollars in loans given to small businesses...

Bad news, that's in the USA and in Canada it should still be another 3 months..

In short, Canada is going to be a much poorer country with 100,000 bankruptcies and lost jobs..

But that what the Trust Fund boy wants..
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+3
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

One horse, oil, beef, agriculture, tourism..

You're an idiot

Lumber .
 
B00Mer
Republican
+3
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Lumber .

mining...

What a wonderful diverse province, no wonder the East is jealous of us..
 
captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
+3
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Just what TrudOWE wants to see. 50% unemployment in the west would give him an orgasm.

Fast track to separation.


Let the good times roll
 
Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+5
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

There is no doubt that Alberta is in trouble.

one horse economies generally do not perform well when that one horse is injured.

Especially when assholes like you helped to injure the horse in the first place and then kept kicking it to keep it down.
 
mentalfloss
#13
How's that separation going?
 
captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
+3
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

How's that separation going?


Going much better than that global warming, errr, climate changey program you got on the go.

Say, what ever happened to that anyways?
 
Hoid
#15
The economic downturn in Alberta may at some point provide some relief to BC housing costs.
Real estate in BC has traditionally been correlated to the economic health of Alberta.
In the short term it may put added pressure upwards as all those thousands of Alberta workers move here looking for some place to live.
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
+5
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

How's that separation going?

Because central Canada paid for media is watering it down to make it look to you like it is going away, it aint and we will see who kicks off back to work first, the West or the East. When the West kicks off reopening the economy Ottawa is going to come calling to demand more money be sent to their strong hold, the fireworks will return again.
 
captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
+3
#17
The media can ignore it all they want, but in the end, the only people that matter are those in the regions that want to leave
 
Hoid
+1
#18
Here is a tip: don't come to BC from Alberta or go to Alberta from BC right now as a tourist.

Especially do not be driving an RV looking for some place to camp.
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Here is a tip: don't come to BC from Alberta or go to Alberta from BC right now as a tourist.
Especially do not be driving an RV looking for some place to camp.

Shouldn't this be in the COVIDD-19 thread?
 
captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
+2
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Shouldn't this be in the COVIDD-19 thread?


I'm surprised it's not in one of the Tesla threads
 
taxme
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post


Kenney warns Alberta headed for 25% unemployment
"Based on some polling that we've done and some analysis, I fully expect unemployment in Alberta to be at least 25 per cent, at least half a million unemployed Albertans."
If that happens, it would mark the highest unemployment rate in any Canadian province since modern records began.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...sium-1.5524461


I wonder how Quebec is doing? I am sure that those french men and women will never feel the brunt or the pain of this plandemic. After all, Canada needs Quebec, right? Lol.
 
taxme
+2
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Just what TrudOWE wants to see. 50% unemployment in the west would give him an orgasm.

I am pretty sure that Turdeau gets more than one orgasm a day when it comes to Alberta. Turdeau sure loves to phuk Alberta all the time that he can get away with.
 
Hoid
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by taxme View Post

I wonder how Quebec is doing? I am sure that those french men and women will never feel the brunt or the pain of this plandemic. After all, Canada needs Quebec, right? Lol.

241 deaths
 
B00Mer
Republican
+2
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by taxme View Post

I am pretty sure that Turdeau gets more than one orgasm a day when it comes to Alberta. Turdeau sure loves to phuk Alberta all the time that he can get away with.

 
Dixie Cup
Conservative
+4
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

One horse, oil, beef, agriculture, tourism..

You're an idiot



Don't forget the technology businesses located here as well.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
+2
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

There is no doubt that Alberta is in trouble.
one horse economies generally do not perform well when that one horse is injured.

True. That is why Quebec constantly has to suck money out of the rest of Canada to survive. And give their money losing aerospace and not so rapid transit manufacturers to keep the doors open.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Here is a tip: don't come to BC from Alberta or go to Alberta from BC right now as a tourist.
Especially do not be driving an RV looking for some place to camp.

Don't even come to the islands if you are a BC resident. YOu are not welcome. Most of the small islands and every remote reserve is banning visitors.
 
Hoid
#28
Also Americans arriving at by private yacht at smaller ports are being told to get lost. The mayor in Bella Bella had to explain that they have like one ventilator in the community

When it all came crashing down you can't just jump in your boat or your RV and hit the road.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+1
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Don't even come to the islands if you are a BC resident. YOu are not welcome. Most of the small islands and every remote reserve is banning visitors.

Sure was a busy travel day on B.C.Ferries Thursday from my understanding .
 
Nick Danger
#30
What are the chances that whole 25% story is just Kenney shaking branches to see if any fruit falls to the ground? He hands out a few billion to the oil companies, some of it snapped up by outfits as they run for the border, lowers the corporate tax rate and then goes whining to Ottawa for help. The guy is a piece of work for sure.