Conservative leadership race

Avro52
+2
Really surprised their is not a thread for this unless I missed it. Anyways, thought I'd start one.

Peter MacKay Had Not One, But Two Train Wreck Interviews on Live Television Last Night

taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro52 View Post

Really surprised their is not a thread for this unless I missed it. Anyways, thought I'd start one.
Peter MacKay Had Not One, But Two Train Wreck Interviews on Live Television Last Night

There are several.

B00Mer
Republican
+4
You see Peter MacKay shaking everyone's hand.

I'm glad he's not in power, a Covidoit.

Avro52
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

You see Peter MacKay shaking everyone's hand.

The Boris Johnson of Canada.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+4
The four left for the leadership are not worth mentioning anyway, very poor choices for the West to choose from.

pgs
Free Thinker
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

The four left for the leadership are not worth mentioning anyway, very poor choices for the West to choose from.

Out here the general attitude is , who cares .

Hoid
Peter McKay was saying its still on and the party said it was off.

Would it be any sort of election involving a conservative without the front runner making himself look unelectable?

Avro52
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Out here the general attitude is , who cares .

Don't worry, I'm sure Mr. 1.6% will run again.

Avro52
+3

I was sort pf hoping Rona would run. Instead we get helicopter con.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+3

I was sort pf hoping Rona would run. Instead we get helicopter con.

Yep her or Pierre Poilievre would have been good out of the choices presented at the time

Avro52
+1

Yep her or Pierre Poilievre would have been good out of the choices presented at the time

Not a big fan of Pierre but we can certainly agree on Rona even Lisa Raitt would have been an upgrade. One good thing about Peter is he wont have that social conservative baggage the way that out of breath baby face had.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+2
All the current crop are from way t9oo far east for anyone to care.

pgs
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

All the current crop are from way t9oo far east for anyone to care.

Yes Sheer turned lots of conservative supporters out here off .

Avro52

Yes Sheer turned lots of conservative supporters out here off .

Yet they won most of the seats. Cons need to appeal to Ontario and Quebec and they won't do that if they have a social conservative leader.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+2

Yet they won most of the seats. Cons need to appeal to Ontario and Quebec and they won't do that if they have a social conservative leader.

They won't appeal to quebec unless 1)quebec gets more money and 2) they only speak in French.
MOst of Ontario is only interested in getting freebies provided by the west.

ETA: Not actually most of Ontariowe, just most of the population which is crowded into one tiny corner of the province.

Avro52
+1

They won't appeal to quebec unless 1)quebec gets more money and 2) they only speak in French.
ETA: Not actually most of Ontariowe, just most of the population which is crowded into one tiny corner of the province.

Lil Stevie figured it out and was PM for 11 years. It can be done.

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
Doesn't matter who runs for the Cons, Canadians are such low-info voters and far too stupid to vote for anyone other than the selfie-king.

Anywho, all the better that tater tot gets elected again - the faster that the West kicks the ROC to the curb

Hoid

This is why nobody wants you guys on their team.

A lot of those people are scared and suffering and this is what you have for them. There is never a break from the everyday stupidity

Avro52
Scheer didn't follow through on renouncing U.S. citizenship

He knew he was going to lose, maybe he can run for a house seat in November.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
He is still better than the 2 front runners, only one that cares about his US citizenship are the "We are Canadian" southern Ontarians

Avro52

He is still better than the 2 front runners, only one that cares about his US citizenship are the "We are Canadian" southern Ontarians

I never cared.

I did care about him not furthering any rights for the LGTBQ community and womens issues.

I ended up voting for my local con anyways though.

DaSleeper
+3
Those Liberals Didn't mind Michele Jean and Stephan Dion's Dual citizenship huh?

pgs
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Those Liberals Didn't mind Michele Jean and Stephan Dion's Dual citizenship huh?

Nope nor the fact that PM Trudeau is a baptized catholic . It only matters if they can stigmatize conservatives .

gerryh
+3

Nope nor the fact that PM Trudeau is a baptized catholic . It only matters if they can stigmatize conservatives .

He may be baptized Catholic, but he is far from being a Catholic. He lost that when he became leader and informed the rest of the liberal candidates and mp's that they MUST support the murder of unborn babies to be in the liberal party.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

He may be baptized Catholic, but he is far from being a Catholic. He lost that when he became leader and informed the rest of the liberal candidates and mp's that they MUST support the murder of unborn babies to be in the liberal party.

There is no such thing as an unborn baby. It is either/or. If you had taken even a bit of biology in school instead of cult indoctrination you would know this.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1

Not to forget he also made it a prerequisite to sign a waiver that summer student wage subsidies be only administered to organizations that support rights to abortions.

pgs
Free Thinker

Has he been excommunicated? I must have missed that .

Hoid

Scheer didn't follow through on renouncing U.S. citizenship

He knew he was going to lose, maybe he can run for a house seat in November.

Clompy assured me the whole thing was in past and that Scheer had renounced his American citizenship.

I would check your sources if I were you.

Avro52
Just when you thought the clown show had run out of clowns.

The Ontario court has overturned the party's disqualification of Jim Karahalios. Statement from Karahalios attached here. It says he still has to raise another $100,000 in two weeks.

Hoid
Now Karahalios has been thrown out of the race a second time.

The judge ruled that only such and such a comittee had the right to throw him out so that comittee threw him out again.

Proving once again that given enough time and guidance the conservatives can do the right thing.