Multiple fatalities in Gabriola plane crash


Hoid
#1
https://www.citynews1130.com/2019/12...a-plane-crash/

About 630 a small plane crashed on Gabriola Island. They are reporting multiple fatalities.
 
Hoid
#2
No survivors.
 
spaminator
+1
#3
 
Curious Cdn
#4
Not electric?
 
Wise
+1
#5
That's unfortunate. I hope future accidents can be prevented.
 
taxslave
+1
#6
A US plane. So far haven't heard why it couldn't make Nanaimo airport since it was basically on the approach path.
 
Hoid
#7
In that is was seen in a spin prior to crashing it is reasonable to assume a control failure or maybe the pilot suffered some sort of medical emergency.
 
Hoid
#8
maybe a bird strike
 
Danbones
#9
That could be worse than when the air traffic controllers do it.

Condolences to those with losses.
 
taxslave
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

maybe a bird strike

Birds are sacred over Gabriola.
 
Hoid
#11
not sure where you got the idea is was an American plane. He was flying from California to Nanaimo but it was a Canadian plane.

Here is the only definitive thing I have heard - and I would not expect to hear the official report for quite some time.

"the operator reported an equipment issue and deviated from the approach before dropping off radar."

Could be many many things.
 
VIBC
#12
US/Canadian plane: Does this refer to where it was designed? assembled? certified? registered? owned? maintained?

And why would it matter to anyone?
 
Hoid
+1
#13
I have no idea.

I have no idea why he even said it was an American plane - except to say that he is generally a moron.
 
VIBC
+1
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

I have no idea why he even said it was an American plane.

I was actually asking what either of you meant by 'American plane' or 'Canadian plane.' Are you referring to where the plane was designed? assembled? certified? registered? owned? maintained?

And why would it matter to anyone? You, for instance.
 
Hoid
#15
What would constitute an acceptable reason.
 
taxslave
+1
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

not sure where you got the idea is was an American plane. He was flying from California to Nanaimo but it was a Canadian plane.
Here is the only definitive thing I have heard - and I would not expect to hear the official report for quite some time.
"the operator reported an equipment issue and deviated from the approach before dropping off radar."
Could be many many things.

That was from the first news I heard of it. No idea where they got it from. Shoddy journalism if they thought that because it was coming from California. Sucks wither way.
 
VIBC
+1
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

What would constitute an acceptable reason.

Presumably this means 'What would constitute an acceptable reason (to me) for defining the plane that recently crashed on Gabriola as either American or Canadian?'

I have no predefined criteria for 'accepting' your reasons for anything whatsoever. Just was curious about why it feels so important to you and another poster that you were 'correcting' (?) him on it . And wondering what either of you meant by "Canadian plane" and "American plane."
 
Hoid
#18
I was correcting him on it because it was wrong?
 
bill barilko
#19
Must have lost power to the instrument panel and flew blind right into the rocks.

RIP
 
Hoid
#20
he was in a spin and crashed into the ground.
 
VIBC
+2
#21  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

I was correcting him on it because it was wrong?

WHAT do you say was wrong? Are you referring to where the plane was designed? assembled? certified? registered? owned? maintained?

I already asked you this. Are you embarrassed to admit you don't know what you meant, or just too stupid to understand my question?
 
Hoid
#22
I am slightly puzzled as to why you think its important - since you claim it isn't important and that you can't understand it anyway.

Here's what you do - ask the other guy what he meant by American plane and then you'll have your answer.
 
Hoid
#23
btw the three people who died in the accident are the pilot - from Mill Bay - and a couple from Cowichan Bay.
 
VIBC
+1
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

I am slightly puzzled as to why you think its important - since you claim it isn't important and that you can't understand it anyway.

Here's what you do - ask the other guy what he meant by American plane and then you'll have your answer.

Sorry you're 'slightly' puzzled.
 
Hoid
#25
Sorry that you don't understand that an "American plane" suggests that the aircraft is carrying people from America rather than my friends and neighbors.
 
VIBC
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Sorry that you don't understand that an "American plane" suggests that the aircraft is carrying people from America rather than my friends and neighbors.

Hoid; To me, the phrase "American plane" only means there's something important that's American, about the plane.

I simply wanted to know what you meant by it, and why you felt it important to identify; thought you could have been referring to its manufacture.

And I believe I understand English quite well .
 
Hoid
#27
What we were referring to was the people who were on the aircraft.
 
VIBC
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

What we were referring to was the people who were on the aircraft.

I know that now, thanks. 'The people were American' would have said the thing that you meant.
 
Hoid
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

A US plane.

Here is what was said.