Trump fires Comey

Walter
Just happened.

EagleSmack
+1
Yer Oughta Here!

I wonder if Comey has the " sense " that he's been fired.

Tecumsehsbones
+3
You subvert an election, and this is the thanks you get!

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Why now? Trump should be thrilled to pieces that the election was subverted to his benefit.

What is it, again, that the FBI is investigating about Trump, right now?

Danbones
Free Thinker
+3
someone is russian to conclusions again

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

someone is russian to conclusions again

Comey was scheduled to testify on the subject, next week.

He's not going to now.

Interesting.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

It's what you get when you fail. Maybe he is looking for a Lawyer about now, nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

It's what you get when you fail. Maybe he is looking for a Lawyer about now, nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

Oh, he didn't fail. You figure that the director of the FBI is a Democrat? Probably, the director of the EPA is.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
He tried to play both sides of the fence to save his job, didn't work out like he hoped

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+2
Dan Rather;
Future generations may mark today as one of the truly dark days in American history, a history that may soon take an even more ominous turn.
President Trump's sudden firing of FBI Director James Comey is a matter that should deeply concern every American, regardless of party, partisan politics or ideological leanings.
The independence of our law enforcement is at the bedrock of our democracy. That independance, already grievously shaken under the brief tenure of Attorney General Jeff Sessions, is now shattered by uncertainty.
The firing of an FBI Director is always a very serious matter in normal times. But these times aren't normal. Far from it. The Bureau is engaged in one of the most important and perilous investigations of this or any other presidency—the investigation of connections between the Trump election campaign and the Russian government.
The questions mount and the shadow grows darker. What were those connections? What did Mr. Trump know about them and when did he know it? How can the President explain the serious allegations against his former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn? And what is President Trump hiding in this regard? It’s imperative that the nation—We The People—get answers to those questions. It will take time, but the process must start now.
A politicized FBI is the last thing we need as we struggle through the maze of lies, concealment and ever-deepening mysteries. The last time a President fired prosecutors who were investigating him was Richard Nixon during the widespread criminal conspiracy known for short as “Watergate.” We all know how that turned out. In real ways, this potential scandal and coverup are much graver. We are talking about the very security of the United States and the sanctity of our republic.
Thomas Paine famously wrote in 1776: "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. "
I see this as having the potential for a similar reflection point in our American story. If there is a cover up, if our nation is at the risk that has certainly been more than suggested, it is incumbent upon everyone who claims to love this nation to demand answers.
We need a special prosecutor. We need an independent investigation. There is, obviously, much we don’t know about what has just happened, why it happened and why now. Just as obviously there is much more, so much more that we need know. We need to damn the lies and expose the truth.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+2
Anyone that thinks law enforcement is independent of politics doesn't have the capacity to think.

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Anyone that thinks law enforcement is independent of politics doesn't have the capacity to think.

Anyone who thinks that Trump can stop everyone investigating his connection to the Russians is delusional.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+2
SHould be more concerned about the DNC ties to Russia than Trump. That is where you twill find criminal ativity, Trump's ties are business.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1
Why hasn't this asshat been impeached yet?

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
+1
Just about the stupidest thing he could of done. I am convinced like others
there is a massive coverup and a special prosecutor will dig out the truth.
Hey may Trump and Hilary in common Prison

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Do you have any idea how the impeachment process works? If you did it would be clear why impeachment is not going to happen anytime soon.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+2

He was just fired. Isn't that good enough?

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1

He was just fired. Isn't that good enough?

I was talking about Trump.

Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Do you have any idea how the impeachment process works? If you did it would be clear why impeachment is not going to happen anytime soon.

No I don't. I ain't a Yanky. I mean how much damage does he have to do before there is an uprising?

Ludlow
No Party Affiliation
Yeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr faaaaarrrrrrreeedddddd!!!. maga

Durry
+2
Just cleaning out some of the deadwood that got accumulated during that Black guys administration

It's just business as usual, don't fret, everybody needs a good house cleaning once in awhile

Kreskin
+2
What a gong show.

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
+2 / -1

SHould be more concerned about the DNC ties to Russia than Trump. That is where you twill find criminal ativity, Trump's ties are business.

Trump's ass is owned by the Russians. They are his business investors and they have blackmail footage of some kinky episode.

He's a traitor, more than likely.

Quote: Originally Posted by Durry View Post

Just cleaning out some of the deadwood that got accumulated during that Black guys administration

It's just business as usual, don't fret, everybody needs a good house cleaning once in awhile

You need one between your ears.

IdRatherBeSkiing

No I don't. I ain't a Yanky. I mean how much damage does he have to do before there is an uprising?

Well, you may want to google. With Republicans in charge of either house quite a lot (it won't happen). Even with Democrats holding both houses, odds are still pretty low baring an obvious illegal act. Only happened twice ever. Had Nixon not resigned, that would have been the third. Even with impeachment, it just means Pense becomes the president.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+1 / -1
Yeah Trump thinks now that Cromely is gone, so is his Russian investigation..

#PutinsBitch

Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
+1
The National just reported Comey is the one who was loose liped about the Clinton emails.

You know the emails Trump used against Clinton in the elections. The information the Russian supposedly hacked.......

Comey was trying to cover his own mistakes. Anyone with a brain can figure that out. Watch tonight's national report

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1 / -1
I think Trump might have overplayed his hand on this one.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+6 / -1
#27  Top Rated Post
The Dumpster just keeps on shooting himself in the foot. First the moronic and brutal health care bill and now firing the man in charge of the investigation Russian involvement in the election. He must be thinking that if such actions work for Putin why wouldn't they work for him?

EagleSmack

tay
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

The National just reported Comey is the one who was loose liped about the Clinton emails.

You know the emails Trump used against Clinton in the elections. The information the Russian supposedly hacked.......

Comey was trying to cover his own mistakes. Anyone with a brain can figure that out. Watch tonight's national report

Trump people to every Democrat: Did you think Comey should be fired for his handling of the Clinton email investigation?

Every Democrat: Yes

But now the 'it's her turn' crowd is upset that Trump fired Comey because Russia........

Tecumsehsbones
+2

I was talking about Trump.

Here's a hint. Impeachment doesn't involve an uprising. But thanks for this admission that you don't know what the f*ck you're talking about. I'll bookmark it.