Or Maybe Not

Tecumsehsbones
In a telephone call with state governors, the President of the United States called for the National Guard to "fight" (his word), and the Secretary of Defense referred to American cities as "the battlespace" (his word).

Avro52
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

In a telephone call with state governors, the President of the United States called for the National Guard to "fight" (his word), and the Secretary of Defense referred to American cities as "the battlespace" (his word).

Right after he got off the phone with Putin.

Got advice no doubt after Trump told him hes back in the G7.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Trump considering use of Insurrection Act to send active-duty soldiers into U.S. cities

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...l_nbn_20200601

The chap will be making a statement later today. More blaming, more rants??

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

Trump considering use of Insurrection Act to send active-duty soldiers into U.S. cities
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...l_nbn_20200601
The chap will be making a statement later today. More blaming, more rants??

Gonna send 'em into Fallujah, Pennsylvania and Kandahar, New York.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
"President Trump on Monday threatened to deploy federal troops if state and city leaders don’t act to quell acts of violence and looting amid the protests over the killing of George Floyd. Moments earlier, just outside the White House, federal authorities used rubber bullets, flash bangs and gas to clear peaceful protesters in the street ahead of city curfew.

Trump then walked across Lafayette Square to St. John’s Church, where a fire was set Sunday evening. The president held up a Bible and nodded to media cameras, before being joined by Attorney General Bill Barr and others to pose for photos."

From the Washington Post

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker

Gonna send 'em into Fallujah, Pennsylvania and Kandahar, New York.

Did you watch his statement and walk over to the church for waving a bible??

......a "presidential" aberration....... a crazy circus.

This behavior as the economy is in tatters, the streets are filled with justified protests of a homicide by cop and a virus that has not been contained yet. This is a defining moment...... And Donald creates a photo op for himself.......as if none of the above was happening. His callous indifference is truly psychopathic. He actually reinforces the violence , so he can do a heavy handed approach to the crisis.. He has said and done NOTHING that might try and calm the situation down. All he did is create some rally bad reality TV. Totally incoherent./ insane.

When he deploys the military to deal with the protesters......... it could be the tangible step towards a Trump style autocracy.

Tecumsehsbones
I hope we all understand that if the crazy fat kid decides having a couple of dozen protesters shot will rile up the base, he won't hesitate for a heartbeat.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+2

I hope we all understand that if the crazy fat kid decides having a couple of dozen protesters shot will rile up the base, he won't hesitate for a heartbeat.

That would fit his behavior patterns perfectly. He does everything but shoot the protesters himself...... as he actually enjoys riling up people..... He does it on twitter, and now he is doing it to the protesters..........He ENJOYS being provocative, and Riling up situations, ( pour gas on flames He is a SADISTIC psychopath....and is potentially DANGEROUS.

He is shredding the national fabric. If folks are not AFRAID, they are not paying attention.
Last edited by Ocean Breeze; Jun 1st, 2020 at 07:53 PM..

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+2
I'll be very surprised if there is an election in November. He wants martial law so he can avoid getting turfed by the hoi polloi.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

I'll be very surprised if there is an election in November. He wants martial law so he can avoid getting turfed by the hoi polloi.

That scenario would not be a surprise. Wonder how the masses would accept it.

pgs
Free Thinker
+2
You people are sick .

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

You people are sick .

nope. But your hero is . He has just waved the bible in front of a church for a self centered photo op. Bizarre. and you know why he did that?? Because he did not like the coverage of him being hustled off into a bunker.........which he perceives as a "weakness" Lunacy.

He is unable to handle any of the current crisis that are unfolding in the US. So he is all over the place doing erratic things.

even the Rev of the church considered the whole thing strange.
Last edited by Ocean Breeze; Jun 1st, 2020 at 09:40 PM..

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

nope. But your hero is . He has just waved the bible in front of a church for a self centered photo op. Bizarre. and you know why he did that?? Because he did not like the coverage of him being hustled off into a bunker.........which he perceives as a "weakness" Lunacy.

He is unable to handle any of the current crisis that are unfolding in the US. So he is all over the place doing erratic things.

You are sick . Looting and burning is a normal reaction and is a okay . Will you next be condoning rape along with this pillaging ?

Mockingbird
Free Thinker
+1

Indeed she did, she denounced Trump for his actions today, rightfully so. The stunt that "Orange Man Bad" pulled today was beyond any hint of normalcy or sanity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UloYEnF0ixk

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

You are sick . Looting and burning is a normal reaction and is a okay . Will you next be condoning rape along with this pillaging ?

Oooo a Viking excursion.

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+3
#16  Top Rated Post

That would fit his behavior patterns perfectly. He does everything but shoot the protesters himself...... as he actually enjoys riling up people..... He does it on twitter, and now he is doing it to the protesters..........He ENJOYS being provocative, and Riling up situations, ( pour gas on flames He is a SADISTIC psychopath....and is potentially DANGEROUS.

He is shredding the national fabric. If folks are not AFRAID, they are not paying attention.

Put the crack pipe down and back away slowly. How in the holy mother F*CK can you call rioting 'protesting'.? Are you seriously that anti-Trump demented? "Yeah, I'm gonna "protest" police violence by looting and then burning down the store down the street. That'll teach those uppity f*ck pigs".

Funny though huh? Suddenly all the good little sheep who ardently obeyed stay at home and social distancing orders are suddenly not the least bit concerned about the Coronavirus. I hope every one of the c*nts who are involved in the violence and looting get Covid and die. It'll serve the f*ckers right.

THIS is how you peacefully protest. Whether they had a permit to block the street I don't know, but even assuming they didn't, they were still protesting peaceably. Note the lack of smoke from all the buildings that AREN'T burning. F*CK.! Get a clue!

gerryh
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

F*CK.! Get a clue!

You're kidding, right?

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

You're kidding, right?

Hey, a person can hope.

Mockingbird
Free Thinker
Today Trump stood before America and said that he was an ally of all peaceful protesters. Then just a few moments later peaceful protesters who were gathered near where he spoke were subjected to teargas, rubber bullets and brute force in order to clear a path so that this absolute stain of a man could hold up a bible in front of a church in a staged reality show photo-op. Why? What the hell was the point? This man is so completely tone deaf as to what's happening around him and his narcissism is such that he is incapable of leading because he sees no one beyond himself. To him, he is the most important person in any space he occupies. He crossed a line today but to him there is no line, nor is there a line according to his supporters who continue to clap in the dark.

Today he acted like a fool, was a fool and looked like a fool.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/01/u...rch-bible.html

Cliffy
Free Thinker
White nationalist group posing as antifa called for violence on Twitter

Other misinformation and misleading claims spread across Twitter on Sunday night and into Monday related to the protests.

A Twitter account claiming to belong to a national “antifa” organization and pushing violent rhetoric related to ongoing protests has been linked to the white nationalist group Identity Evropa, according to a Twitter spokesperson.
The spokesperson said the account violated the company's platform manipulation and spam policy, specifically the creation of fake accounts. Twitter suspended the account after a tweet that incited violence.
As protests were taking place in multiple states across the U.S. Sunday night, the newly created account, @ANTIFA_US, tweeted, “Tonight’s the night, Comrades,” with a brown raised fist emoji and “Tonight we say 'F--- The City' and we move into the residential areas... the white hoods.... and we take what's ours …”
This isn’t the first time Twitter has taken action against fake accounts engaged in hateful conduct linked to Identity Evropa, according to the spokesperson.
The antifa movement — a network of loosely organized radical groups who use direct action to fight the far-right and fascism — has been targeted by President Donald Trump as the force behind some of the violence and property destruction seen at some protests, though little evidence has been provided for such claims.

More: https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/securit...avior-n1221456

Tecumsehsbones

Put the crack pipe down and back away slowly. How in the holy mother F*CK can you call rioting 'protesting'.? Are you seriously that anti-Trump demented? "Yeah, I'm gonna "protest" police violence by looting and then burning down the store down the street. That'll teach those uppity f*ck pigs".

Would you care to demonstrate that the protesters attacked by Presidential security in a public park before curfew were "rioters?"

No? Didn't think so.
Quote:

Funny though huh? Suddenly all the good little sheep who ardently obeyed stay at home and social distancing orders are suddenly not the least bit concerned about the Coronavirus. I hope every one of the c*nts who are involved in the violence and looting get Covid and die. It'll serve the f*ckers right.

How that's relevant to protests/riots is beyond me, but I guess you parrot what you're told to parrot.

Quote:

THIS is how you peacefully protest. Whether they had a permit to block the street I don't know, but even assuming they didn't, they were still protesting peaceably. Note the lack of smoke from all the buildings that AREN'T burning. F*CK.! Get a clue!

See, your fundamental mistake is you assume King's followers were all peaceful (they weren't), and the current protesters are all rioters (they aren't). This despite ample evidence to the contrary.

Because your mind was made up before anything even happened, and no new facts that challenge your conclusions will be permitted.

It's sad. Really, no sarcasm. There's plenty of conservatives here who are appalled by various aspects of what's going on. I am genuinely sad that you have chosen to join the Kool-Aid drinkers.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
How come in Biden's passionate speech to rid racism in the USA didn't condone rioters and looters?

Avro52
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...ss-destruction

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+2

Would you care to demonstrate that the protesters attacked by Presidential security in a public park before curfew were "rioters?"

No? Didn't think so.

How that's relevant to protests/riots is beyond me, but I guess you parrot what you're told to parrot.

See, your fundamental mistake is you assume King's followers were all peaceful (they weren't), and the current protesters are all rioters (they aren't). This despite ample evidence to the contrary.

Because your mind was made up before anything even happened, and no new facts that challenge your conclusions will be permitted.

It's sad. Really, no sarcasm. There's plenty of conservatives here who are appalled by various aspects of what's going on. I am genuinely sad that you have chosen to join the Kool-Aid drinkers.

I think it's sadder that you actually believe that. There's a difference between protest and rioting. The thing is, twits like OB, Cliffy, Hoid et al seem to think they're the same f*cking thing.

Let me explain the difference since you seem to have issues with it The people who are protesting peacefully are well within their basic civil rights to do so, regardless of skin colour. Getting all draconian on them is not going to sit well with most "normal" people. Burning, looting and assault are NOT protected forms of protest no matter how much the MSM and leftards try to justify it.

Problem #2 and this one YOU should be aware of. The President has ZERO control over the police in each individual state or city. Suggesting that Trump is somehow responsible for Floyd's murder by cop is just as stupid as blaming Obama for Michael Brown's or Alton Sterling's murder by cop. The idiots that are protesting Trump over George Floyd's death are protesting the wrong politician(s). I guess the Mayor of Minneapolis bears zero responsibility for the Minneapolis police. The Govt of Minnesota is clearly not to blame for it either. Nope, just Trump. It couldn't be because Minneapolis has a Democrat mayor and Minnesota has been a Democrat bastion since the 20's or 30's could it? Nahhhh, of course not. Democrats are never to blame when this shit happens.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1

History repeating itself?

Twin_Moose
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

How come in Biden's passionate speech to rid racism in the USA didn't condone rioters and looters?

Damnit condemn not condone

Hoid
Apparently the president can't send the troops into the streets - but the Congress can.

You would have thought that a constitutional scholar like President Game Show Host would know that.

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

I think it's sadder that you actually believe that. There's a difference between protest and rioting. The thing is, twits like OB, Cliffy, Hoid et al seem to think they're the same f*cking thing.

Let me explain the difference since you seem to have issues with it The people who are protesting peacefully are well within their basic civil rights to do so, regardless of skin colour. Getting all draconian on them is not going to sit well with most "normal" people. Burning, looting and assault are NOT protected forms of protest no matter how much the MSM and leftards try to justify it.

Problem #2 and this one YOU should be aware of. The President has ZERO control over the police in each individual state or city. Suggesting that Trump is somehow responsible for Floyd's murder by cop is just as stupid as blaming Obama for Michael Brown's or Alton Sterling's murder by cop. The idiots that are protesting Trump over George Floyd's death are protesting the wrong politician(s). I guess the Mayor of Minneapolis bears zero responsibility for the Minneapolis police. The Govt of Minnesota is clearly not to blame for it either. Nope, just Trump. It couldn't be because Minneapolis has a Democrat mayor and Minnesota has been a Democrat bastion since the 20's or 30's could it? Nahhhh, of course not. Democrats are never to blame when this shit happens.

Were you told to parrot that ?