Flynn and Son to be charged for Russian Collusion

Avro52
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Declassified transcripts add to evidence that FBI had no legal basis to interview Michael Flynn
In call with Russian ambassador, Flynn urged 'we need cool heads to prevail' on sanctions. That's a policy dispute, not a crime, FBI expert says.

https://justthenews.com/accountabili...i-had-no-legal
BHO led a scandalous regime.

We by did he lie about the call Walt?

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro52 View Post

Why thank you but I wouldn’t say that.

I’m to modest.

Can't spell "too", either.

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+2

What is most scandalous and damning in these transcripts is what Flynn did not say.

At no point does Flynn castigate Kislyak for Russia’s intervention in the 2016 election. He does not confront the Russian ambassador for Putin’s covert operation to subvert American democracy.

Tit for tat dude. Obama tried interfering in the Ukraine and Russian general elections. Hell, that dude meddled everywhere. In just his last year alone he meddled in the Israeli election, the Canadian federal election of 2015 and the Brexit referendum. But when it comes to the Russian and Ukraine elections, you'd have to be some special kind of stupid to believe for one minute that Putin wouldn't retaliate in kind.

As for Flynn, what I find surprising isn't what Flynn didn't say, but what Mueller did. Mueller was essentially willing to give more benefit of the doubt to the Russians that were involved than to his own president. He didn't want to "speculate" about their guilt, while he speculated like a motherf*cker about Trump's presumed guilt. ON LIVE TV!!

Walter
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Tit for tat dude. Obama tried interfering in the Ukraine and Russian general elections. Hell, that dude meddled everywhere. In just his last year alone he meddled in the Israeli election, the Canadian federal election of 2015 and the Brexit referendum. But when it comes to the Russian and Ukraine elections, you'd have to be some special kind of stupid to believe for one minute that Putin wouldn't retaliate in kind.
As for Flynn, what I find surprising isn't what Flynn didn't say, but what Mueller did. Mueller was essentially willing to give more benefit of the doubt to the Russians that were involved than to his own president. He didn't want to "speculate" about their guilt, while he speculated like a motherf*cker about Trump's presumed guilt. ON LIVE TV!!

BHO also tried to rig the Israeli vote to defeat Netenyahu.

Avro52

The US has meddled in elections for decades, shocking revelation....oh dear I had not idea....

Doesn’t dismiss what Russians did and are doing.

Benefit of the doubt? You crack me up.

Why did Trump say he fired Comey in a television interview? Mueller would still be retired had it not been for his big stupid mouth. Same goes for the Ukraine phone call.

Avro52

BHO also tried to rig the Israeli vote to defeat Netenyahu.

Reagan created the NED. Go ahead, look it up.

Tecumsehsbones

Tit for tat dude.

I usually find buying her a few drinks works better.

Quote:

Obama tried interfering in the Ukraine and Russian general elections. Hell, that dude meddled everywhere. In just his last year alone he meddled in the Israeli election, the Canadian federal election of 2015 and the Brexit referendum. But when it comes to the Russian and Ukraine elections, you'd have to be some special kind of stupid to believe for one minute that Putin wouldn't retaliate in kind.

I suppose that's true. If you regard covert efforts as "in kind" to clear and public statements of preference and recommendations.
Quote:

Jesus will kiss away your tears.

Tecumsehsbones

Reagan created the NED. Go ahead, look it up.

Which day was that on? The eighth or the ninth?

Avro52
Quote: Originally Posted by tecumsehsbones View Post

which day was that on? The eighth or the ninth?

Avro52
Trump announces he has unilaterally decided to let Putin back into the G7 Summit: report

Oh yeah, Putin wanted Clinton to win.

Tecumsehsbones

Not a great year. "Every Breath You Take" was the #1 song and Gandhi won Best Picture.

Bit of a desert, culturally.

Tecumsehsbones
+1

Trump announces he has unilaterally decided to let Putin back into the G7 Summit: report
Oh yeah, Putin wanted Clinton to win.

I guess he really liked the soccer ball.

Avro52
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Not a great year. "Every Breath You Take" was the #1 song and Gandhi won Best Picture.
Bit of a desert, culturally.

I got to third base.

Tecumsehsbones

I got to third base.

I'll assume you were stranded there when the inning ended, since you don't mention scoring a run.

Avro52

I'll assume you were stranded there when the inning ended, since you don't mention scoring a run.

No...I mean third base....

Tecumsehsbones

No...I mean third base....

Yes, sou dou I. It's called "extending the metaphour."

Nudge-nudge.

Wink-wink.

Smack you in the head.

Avro52

Yes, sou dou I. It's called "extending the metaphour."
Nudge-nudge.
Wink-wink.
Smack you in the head.

1984 was the home run year.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1

Flynn has said he does not remember talking in late 2016 with the Russian ambassador about sanctions. But the transcripts showed that the sanctions were the central discussion point between the men.
Flynn had admitted to lying to the F.B.I. about talking to Mr. Kislyak about Russia’s vote on an impending United Nations resolution to condemn Israeli settlements in the West Bank.
Mr. Kislyak promised to “postpone the vote and to allow for consultations,” according to the transcript. Mr. Flynn responded: “OK. That’s good.”
The documents also revealed highly sensitive F.B.I. abilities, showing that the bureau was able to monitor the phone line of the Russian Embassy in Washington even before a call from Mr. Kislyak connected with Mr. Flynn’s voice mail.
In other words, the F.B.I. wiretap was able pick up what Russians officials were saying to each other — in this case, discussion of a hacking operation — when they apparently were unaware that the open phone line was already transmitting their voices.
Which just highlights how Trump has continually lied about this case. It wasn’t any American citizen that was being tapped—it was the Russians.

FBI's top lawyer, Dana Boente, ousted amid Fox News criticism for role in Flynn investigation

Quote:

After a 38-year career with the Justice Department, the FBI's top lawyer Dana Boente was asked to resign on Friday. Two sources familiar with the decision to dismiss Boente said it came from high levels of the Justice Department rather than directly from FBI Director Christopher Wray.
His departure comes on the heels of recent criticism by Fox News for his role in the investigation of former Trump National Security Advisor Michael Flynn.
A spokesman for the FBI confirmed to NBC News that Boente did in fact resign on Friday.
Fox News has recently criticized Boente's role in the investigation of Flynn, whose criminal charge for lying to the FBI was recently dropped by the Justice Department based in part on the argument that his lies were not material to an underlying investigation.
Download the NBC News app for breaking news and politics
Boente also said in a recently leaked memo that material put into the public record about Flynn was not exculpatory for the former national security advisor. The memo undermines the Justice Department's latest position that material about Flynn was mishandled by prosecutors......More

This is a NBC piece so you know there is more deflection than need be

Avro52
Look over here response.

I'll refrain from wasting my time with you in the future.

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

Look over here response.

I'll refrain from wasting my time with you in the future.

Two down , how many more to go ?

Walter
+2
New Flynn Transcripts Confirm Mueller Team Lied To The Court And The Country
The newly released transcripts should cause longtime federal Judge Emmet Sullivan to realize the error of his way and immediately dismiss the charges against Michael Flynn.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/06/01...d-the-country/

Mueller should've looked in the mirror, then he would have found the wrongdoing in this case. What a disgrace.

Avro52

The newly released transcripts should cause longtime federal Judge Emmet Sullivan to realize the error of his way and immediately dismiss the charges against Michael Flynn.

Mueller should've looked in the mirror, then he would have found the wrongdoing in this case. What a disgrace.

It proves Flynn lied and then lied about lying.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+2

No wonder Van Grack didn't turn over the transcripts as per court order

It proves Flynn lied and then lied about lying.

From the article

Quote:

Flynn Didn’t Request Russia Moderate a Sanctions Response

The Statement of Offense likewise wrongly maintained that Flynn had “falsely stated that he did not remember a follow-up conversation in which the Russian Ambassador stated that Russia had chosen to moderate its response to those sanctions as a result of FLYNN’S request.” First, as noted above, Flynn had not requested Russia “moderate its response to those sanctions.”
Second, the declassified transcript of the Dec. 31, 2016 call confirms the Russian ambassador also did not mention sanctions in the follow-up conversation.
Rather, in that call, Kislyak told Flynn he had “a small message to pass to you from Moscow,” about “the decision taken by Moscow about action and counter-action.” Kislyak noted that Moscow had taken into account Flynn’s prior conversation with the Russian ambassador and his entreaty to let “cold heads” prevail.
Kislyak added that Moscow found the “actions have targeted not only against Russia, but also against the president elect,” and that while they were within their right to respond, Russia “decided not to act now because, it’s because people are dissatisfied with the lost of elections, and it’s very deplorable.”
“So, so I just wanted to let you know that our conversation was taken with weight,” Kislyak concluded.
Not only did Kislyak not mention sanctions in his Dec. 31, 2016, conversation with Flynn, he stressed that Flynn’s request — which, again, concerned the expulsions, not the sanctions — “was taken with weight.” From Putin’s public response, it appears it was.

Quote:

“We regard the recent unfriendly steps taken by the outgoing US administration as provocative and aimed at further weakening the Russia-US relationship,” Putin said in a Dec. 30, 2016 statement, adding:
The diplomats who are returning to Russia will spend the New Year’s holidays with their families and friends. We will not create any problems for US diplomats. We will not expel anyone. We will not prevent their families and children from using their traditional leisure sites during the New Year’s holidays. Moreover, I invite all children of US diplomats accredited in Russia to the New Year and Christmas children’s parties in the Kremlin.

The transcripts released Friday make clear that Flynn’s only request to Kislyak concerned the expulsion of the Russian diplomats and not the sanctions instituted by then-President Obama’s executive order. Yet Mueller’s team charged Flynn with lying to the FBI about his discussion with Kislyak about sanctions.

Mueller’s Team Lied to the Court and the American People

Quote:

While Flynn pleaded guilty to that charge, he did so having not seen the transcript of his actual conversation with Kislyak. In seeking to withdraw his guilty plea, Flynn said he still doesn’t “remember if I discussed sanctions on a phone call with Ambassador Kislyak.” As Flynn’s attorney Sidney Powell told me, his defense team “has been asking for the transcripts and recordings of his conversations with Ambassador Kislyak for almost a year.”
Yet Van Grack, the federal prosecutor who has since been removed from the Flynn case, refused to provide Powell with the transcript. Powell only received access to the details of the call following the recent declassification and release.
Further, Powell should not have even needed to ask for the transcript because presiding Judge Emmet Sullivan entered a standing order requiring the special counsel’s office to provide Flynn’s attorneys with all material exculpatory information. Yet Van Grack withheld the transcripts.
Later, when Sullivan directly ordered the government to file “the transcripts of any other audio recordings of Mr. Flynn, including, but not limited to audio recordings of Mr. Flynn’s conversations with Russian officials,” Van Grack refused, telling the court instead that it is not relying on that recording “for purposes of establishing the defendant’s guilt or determining his sentence.”

At least in that regard, Van Grack was being honest with the court: He was not relying on the transcript to establish Flynn’s guilt — because it didn’t! The transcript instead established Flynn’s factual innocence.
Not only did the special counsel’s office and then Van Grack, a holdover from the Mueller team, misrepresent to the federal court the substance of Flynn’s conversation with Kislyak, the special counsel repeated these lies to the American public.
For instance, the Mueller report falsely stated, “Flynn discussed multiple topics with Kislyak, including sanctions. … With respect to the sanctions, Flynn requested that Russia not escalate the situation, not get into a ‘tit for tat,’ and only respond to the sanctions in a reciprocal manner.”
The Mueller report also inaccurately reported that “on December 31, 2016, Kislyak called Flynn and told him the request had been received at the highest levels and that Russia had chosen not to retaliate to the sanctions in response to the request.”

Twin_Moose
Conservative
Justice Department showed 'gross abuse of prosecutorial power" in Michael Flynn case, court-appointed arbiter says

Quote:

WASHINGTON – The Justice Department showed a "gross abuse of prosecutorial power" in its push to drop the case against Michael Flynn, President Donald Trump's former national security adviser, a court-appointed arbiter said Wednesday.
Retired federal judge John Gleeson said the Justice Department's bid to dismiss Flynn's case should be denied because its arguments "are not credible," suggesting the government violated safeguards designed to prevent "dubious dismissals of criminal cases that would benefit powerful and well-connected defendants."
"The Department of Justice has a solemn responsibility to prosecute this case – like every other case – without fear or favor,” Gleeson argued. “It has abdicated that responsibility through a gross abuse of prosecutorial power, attempting to provide special treatment to a favored friend and political ally of the President of the United States. It has treated the case like no other, and in doing so has undermined the public’s confidence in the rule of law."......More

I don't think fighting the good fight will end well for these Two when the appeal board weighs in

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
Federal appeals court orders judge to drop charges against Michael Flynn

Quote:

Washington — A federal appeals court has ordered a district judge to grant the Justice Department's request to drop the criminal case against former national security adviser Michael Flynn, bringing the extraordinary legal battle over the department's handling of the case closer to an end.

A panel of three judges on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit granted Flynn's motion to force U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan to drop the case in an order on Wednesday. The ruling was 2 to 1, with one judge dissenting.

The Justice Department moved to dismiss the case against Flynn in May, asking Sullivan to drop the criminal charge despite Flynn's guilty plea. Sullivan declined to immediately rule on the motion, and instead indicated he would review the decision and appoint a retired judge as a "friend of the court" to argue against the government. Flynn filed an emergency appeal to the D.C. Circuit to force Sullivan to accept the motion and drop the charge.

In an opinion written by Circuit Judge Neomi Rao, who was named to the bench by President Trump, argued that forcing the Justice Department to explain its reasoning for seeking to drop the case would infringe on the authority of the executive branch.

"In this case, the district court's actions will result in specific harms to the exercise of the Executive Branch's exclusive prosecutorial power," Rao wrote. "The contemplated proceedings would likely require the Executive to reveal the internal deliberative process behind its exercise of prosecutorial discretion, interfering with the Article II charging authority."

Sullivan's intention "to scrutinize the reasoning and motives of the Department of Justice constitute irreparable harms that cannot be remedied on appeal," Rao added......More

Oh my now what?

pgs
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Federal appeals court orders judge to drop charges against Michael Flynn

Oh my now what?

Back to the drawing board .

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+1

I suppose that's true. If you regard covert efforts as "in kind" to clear and public statements of preference and recommendations.

Yeah, that's all Obama did. But let's take what you said at face value. So Obama thinks he's so self-important that he feels people in other countries should give a shit what he prefers or recommends? And when it came to Brexit, telling the UK to vote "remain" or end up at the back of the line when it comes to trading with the US is neither a preference nor a recommendation, it's a f*cking threat and direct attempt at interfering with vote by attempting to directly influence the vote. Like, what the f*ck business was it of Obama's whether the UK wanted to break away from the corrupt, anti-democratic EU?

Jesus will kiss away your tears.

Way to defend Mueller defending the Russians and doing away with logic in the process. Good job.

So to sum up, Mueller speculated about Trump being guilty of colluding with the Russians, but wouldn't speculate on Russian guilt. Now, I'm not a fancy big-city lawyer or nothin', but I'm pretty f*cking sure you can't collude all by yourself, there needs to be a second party with which to collude.

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+1
Annnnd Moments ago, a federal appeals court ordered the dismissal of the criminal case against General Michael Flynn, according to CNBC.

Hoid
The Justice Department should be ashamed of itself for allowing this guy to file a phoney guilty plea.

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

The Justice Department should be ashamed of itself for allowing this guy to file a phoney guilty plea.

A "phoney" guilty plea? What, did he phone it in or did you simply misspell 'phony'? Which would be hilarious considering you seem to like being the forum's spelling nazi.