How about them Canucks!

talloola
Good game for canucks, they have played well lately, and finally got a win for their
efforts, one more game at home against chicago, (very tough team), then out on
the road for 8 games.

GO CANUCKS GO

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

Good game for canucks, they have played well lately, and finally got a win for their
the road for 8 games.

GO CANUCKS GO

My wife is going to the Chicago game. She and a co-worker won tickets. I hope the team puts on a good fight against the Hawks.

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

My wife is going to the Chicago game. She and a co-worker won tickets. I hope the team puts on a good fight against the Hawks.

Should be an excellent game, chicago is a young talented team, they
are having an excellent season. Fast exciting players, with a good defence
and good goal keeping, just hope their game is a little 'off' on saturday.

JLM

the road for 8 games.

GO CANUCKS GO

I just wish they would quit letting their early leads slip away.

#juan
I think the positive thing was that Sundin got a goal and an assist and so did Kessler. Demitra got a couple assists. If the coach can keep that line of Sundin, Demitra, and Kessler together, they will just get better. I won't jump on the bandwagon just yet but this game had a few positives.

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I just wish they would quit letting their early leads slip away.

both of those goals were luongo's mistake, first he lost his stick, but didn't continue focusing on the puck, was scrambling and looking for his stick with
one eye on the play and the other on his problem, he could have caught that
shot in his 'body', and smothered it, didn't need his stick, the next one was
a total misplay by him, so he put his team in that position, but they did manage
to scramble out of it.

Kreskin
Everyone scores those kind of goals but the Canucks not enough because the Sedins are too busy passing the puck or cycling in the corner. Shots of all kinds go in, but if you don't shoot the puck they never do. Sundin scored a cheesie one last night. Instead of farting around with it he put it on net.

JLM

both of those goals were luongo's mistake, first he lost his stick, but didn't continue focusing on the puck, was scrambling and looking for his stick with
one eye on the play and the other on his problem, he could have caught that
shot in his 'body', and smothered it, didn't need his stick, the next one was
a total misplay by him, so he put his team in that position, but they did manage
to scramble out of it.

I follow the Canucks fairly closely but am only a dedicated watcher when they are playing above .500, It's too nerve wracking watching everyone of 80 games.

#juan
The Canucks have to score four or five goals to win a game and Luongo has to be sharp. The Canucks don't have the defensive discipline to win many one or two goal games but they do have some scoring power.

Avro
Hows that 10 million dollar asset working out fo the Canucks anyways?

LMAO

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I follow the Canucks fairly closely but am only a dedicated watcher when they are playing above .500, It's too nerve wracking watching everyone of 80 games.

I love hockey, always have, watch the whole nhl play, watch many games a week, and lots of 'parts' of games, as well as the canucks.
I don't dwell on 'results', and if you can do that, and enjoy the process, and
enjoy it when they play well, even though they don't win, the nerves will
take care of themselves.
I also watch the other team, and enjoy their process, and I am familiar with
most of their players too, so it is a complete process for me, from both sides.
Eg. We play Chicago on saturday, my guess is that we won't beat them, we
should'nt beat them based on the stats for this season, and the individual
players they have, so, I will watch the game, hoping that canucks give them
a real good game win or lose, and if they do, I won't be dissapointed.

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro View Post

Hows that 10 million dollar asset working out fo the Canucks anyways?

LMAO

He's not a $10 million asset, it's 5 million, and he's coming along just fine, had
a real good game last night, his best yet, and he will only get better.

Avro

He's not a $10 million asset, it's 5 million, and he's coming along just fine, had

Yes, look at all those goals he gets.....wow.

LMAO!

Kreskin
He will score more goals this year than Saku Koivu. It's not about scoring, it's winning that counts.

#juan

You are right talloola. Sundin had a goal and an assist last night. His linemate Kesler had a goal and two assists. That line looked dangerous. Certainly more dangerous than Toronto has looked in a while, but time will tell.....

Francis2004

I love hockey, always have, watch the whole nhl play, watch many games a week, and lots of 'parts' of games, as well as the canucks.
I don't dwell on 'results', and if you can do that, and enjoy the process, and
enjoy it when they play well, even though they don't win, the nerves will
take care of themselves.
I also watch the other team, and enjoy their process, and I am familiar with
most of their players too, so it is a complete process for me, from both sides.
Eg. We play Chicago on saturday, my guess is that we won't beat them, we
should'nt beat them based on the stats for this season, and the individual
players they have, so, I will watch the game, hoping that canucks give them
a real good game win or lose, and if they do, I won't be dissapointed.

Yup, used to be just like you and then kids came along..

Now my TV patters revolve around my

5 year old's Toopy and Binoo, Bob The Builder and Max and Ruby..

17 year old's Family Guy, Futurama or Suite Life...

Fact we have two TV's is irrelevant I never get one to myself..

Next Month ( barring layoffs ) when I plan to get a HDTV ( yes I still have Analog TV ) I will finally have 3 of them in my house. Chances are still very good my TV time will NOT increase as both kids will still find a way to use all 3 TVs to their advantage..

NHL, NFL and CFL were my games

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by SirFrancis2004 View Post

Yup, used to be just like you and then kids came along..

Now my TV patters revolve around my

5 year old's Toopy and Binoo, Bob The Builder and Max and Ruby..

17 year old's Family Guy, Futurama or Suite Life...

Fact we have two TV's is irrelevant I never get one to myself..

Next Month ( barring layoffs ) when I plan to get a HDTV ( yes I still have Analog TV ) I will finally have 3 of them in my house. Chances are still very good my TV time will NOT increase as both kids will still find a way to use all 3 TVs to their advantage..

NHL, NFL and CFL were my games

My kids are grown and gone and have kids of their own, so we have 3 tvs
to ourself, and one is hd 52", and those games look great.
You better lay down the law when you get that new tv, there should be
some time for you then.
We have never had the problem of the wife wanting the tv for other things,
cause I am the wife, and love hockey, so it's happy times around here.
We like the cfl too, don't watch nfl.

talloola
I'm glad calgary lost to chicago tonight, which brings the black hawks into general
motors place saturday after a win, which for me is much better than them coming
after a loss.
They are a very very good team, lots of individual very talented players, so before
everyone trashes the canucks if or when they lose on saturday, do your homework
and look up the black hawks stats and know who canucks are playing when they arrive
on saturday.
I find far too many people who comment on the canucks failures, never bother
to find out about the teams they are up against, and it is important to know that.
It is most times, as though they are playing a bunch of pilons, who they should
be beating, and when they don't, they are criticized every time, and it doesn't
seem to matter who they played, I never see comments on the other team and
how they played, and what difference they made or didn't make in the outcome
of the game.
If canucks win on Saturday, they will have accomplished something big, as most teams
have a lot of trouble doing that.
Calgary had trouble tonight, and lost 5-2, against chicago, and calgary is at the top of their game right now.
It seems wellwood is out with the flu, might not play saturday, so probably mason
raymond will be back in the lineup, but that's maybe.
Hope luongo is a little sharper than he was in the last game, he was average, or I should
say made a few great stops, and let in two easy ones.
Last edited by talloola; Feb 6th, 2009 at 12:56 PM..

talloola
Canucks will have to have their speed skates on tonight, hope it's a good game.
Last edited by talloola; Feb 7th, 2009 at 08:40 PM..

talloola
Tonight’s game brought to you by HSBC, come in now to participating lower mainland branches and enter to win to VIP Chalktalk experience at a Canucks game.

2008-2009 Regular Season
Player GP G A P +/-Daniel Sedin5122274910Henrik Sedin51839475Ryan Kesler511218306Pavol Demitra381314274Kevin Bieksa4272027-5

Team Record: 23-20-8
Last Game: 4-3 W vs Carolina
(FEB.3.09)

Season Series: 0-2-0
Last Meeting: 1-3 L (DEC.20.0 vs.

Team Record: 29-13-8
Last Game: 5-2 W at Calgary
(FEB.5.09)

Season Series: 2-0-0
Last Meeting: 3-1 W (DEC.20.0

2008-2009 Regular Season
Player GP G A P +/-Patrick Kane48172845-1Martin Havlat5016254111Jonathan Toews501623398Kris Versteeg4714243816Patrick Sharp502215373

For the Canucks…

After watching his new linemates get in on the scoring act on Tuesday night, Pavol Demitra hopes it will be his turn to find the back of the net tonight when he leads his team into another crucial Western Conference match-up against the Chicago Blackhawks. The 34-year old, playing in just his first game back after missing three games with a groin injury, had one of his better outings of the season netting a pair of assists in 16:26 of ice-time. The 6’0”, 200 lbs. right winger will now look for his first goal since January 13th against the New Jersey Devils.

The Dubnica, Slovkia-native has already tallied once this season against the Blackhawks way back on October 19th at the United Center. However, he was held without a point in the most recent game against the ‘Hawks at GM Place on December 20th. In 45 career games versus Chicago, Demitra has amassed 51 points (24-27-51) and 12 penalty minutes.For the Blackhawks…

The Blackhawks organization has demonstrated an ability to find top young talent through the draft in the form of players such as Kane and Toews, but Kris Versteeg is an example of them acquiring young talent through the trade wire. The one-time Kamloops Blazer, who was acquired from Boston in exchange for Brandon Bochenski back in February 2007, has turned in a very solid first full campaign in the NHL entering play tonight sitting fourth on team scoring with 38 points (14-24-3 in 47 games played which includes a team-leading three short-handed goals. The 22-year old left winger was recently named to the NHL YoungStars Game but had to skip the event due to injury.

The Lethbridge, Alberta-native has already netted three assists in two games against the Canucks so far this season and will be looking for his first career goal against the Canucks tonight. In three career meetings versus Vancouver, Versteeg has recorded three assists and a minus-one rating overall.

shadowshiv
Calgary lost again today(I do believe they are winless in the month of February), so that will help Vancouver.

Also, Vancouver is ahead 3-0 at the end of the first period. Sundin has another goal and an assist. Kesler got a goal and assist as well, and Demitra got an assist. It looks like that line may be a keeper.

Toronto also won tonight over Montreal(5-2). They played a heck of a lot better than they did against Buffalo the other night.

Speaking of Buffalo, Vanek took a puck in the face from a slapshot on the blueline. I hope it's nothing serious.

shadowshiv
Holy smokes! Vancouver kicked Chicago's butt tonight! The final was 7-3. Sundin had a goal and two assists. Maybe he is finally started to hit his stride?

talloola
OK, they did it, came out flying took chicago right off of their game with a very
fast goal, and didn't look back.
Chicago seemed a bit off of their game, a step behind, but managed to have a
rally in the third, until kesler took advantage of their defenceman having a very
untimely fall, and scored.
Good game for sundin, he looked strong out their, and will get stronger, I'm very
glad we have him.
Canucks leave now for St. Louis, who they play on Monday.

Avro
Yippee 5 mil paid off for nothing, no cup no glory.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshiv View Post

Calgary lost again today(I do believe they are winless in the month of February), so that will help Vancouver.

Also, Vancouver is ahead 3-0 at the end of the first period. Sundin has another goal and an assist. Kesler got a goal and assist as well, and Demitra got an assist. It looks like that line may be a keeper.

Toronto also won tonight over Montreal(5-2). They played a heck of a lot better than they did against Buffalo the other night.

Speaking of Buffalo, Vanek took a puck in the face from a slapshot on the blueline. I hope it's nothing serious.

Keanan did the stick thing this week. You can set your watch to this guy. Next will be the challenging of Iginla etal by being a complete a-hole.

Canucks caught Chicago on the right night. Hope they can build on it for this road swing.

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Keanan did the stick thing this week. You can set your watch to this guy. Next will be the challenging of Iginla etal by being a complete a-hole.

Canucks caught Chicago on the right night. Hope they can build on it for this road swing.

Stick thing? What do you mean by that?

talloola
Keenan broke his stick in anger at the practice the other day, 'would the real
mike keenan please stand up', I think he just did.

shadowshiv

Keenan broke his stick in anger at the practice the other day, 'would the real
mike keenan please stand up', I think he just did.

Ol' Mike's always had a bit of an anger-management problem. Hence his nickname, Iron Mike.

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro View Post

Yippee 5 mil paid off for nothing, no cup no glory.

Yet another unhappy Leaf fan. Sundin probably ended up about plus 5 for the night...

JLM

OK, they did it, came out flying took chicago right off of their game with a very
fast goal, and didn't look back.
Chicago seemed a bit off of their game, a step behind, but managed to have a
rally in the third, until kesler took advantage of their defenceman having a very
untimely fall, and scored.
Good game for sundin, he looked strong out their, and will get stronger, I'm very
glad we have him.
Canucks leave now for St. Louis, who they play on Tuesday.

Hopefully now their fortunes will improve and it was a convincing enough win although Chicago got two unanswered goals, which is still the Canuck's weakness, but HEY YOU CAN'T BE A HERO ALL THE TIME.
Last edited by talloola; Feb 8th, 2009 at 01:48 PM..