What's Trump Done Now?

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

White House Considers Pentagon Plan to Deploy 120,000 US Troops to Middle East to Fight Iran

They're gonna need a hell of a lot more than 12,000.

Of course, Deranged Donald's too stupid to know that, so I guess Bolt-On can sell whatever horseshit he feels like.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

I'm sure he got help.

Did you hear that limp-dick excuse about "oh, my keyboard sticks!"

I don't even want to think about why it's sticky.

I'm surprised "thinking" is even part of your vocabulary or ability.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1 / -1

I believe 120,000 was actually the figure stated!

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation

Yeah, all of those except "start of a sentence" are proper nouns, meathead. There is no "etc. etc."
Start of a sentence and proper nouns. That's it.

Hey, my Android "spell check" keeps turning plurals into possessive's. I don't always catch them.

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation

Of course, Deranged Donald's too stupid to know that, so I guess Bolt-On can sell whatever horseshit he feels like.

Dubya did something dumb like that, too. It took Obama's "surge" to get the American forces out of a potential soup.

Iran is neither Iraq not Afghanistan. They are more like a Russia (hopefully) without nukes.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I believe 120,000 was actually the figure stated!

You're right. The eyes are getting old.

Still gonna be a debacle if Bolt-On get his way. How'd his last excellent adventure go?

darkbeaver
Republican

The point of view for the label Best President ever needs sum splainin. His heads not empty, it,s full of sht.

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation

You're right. The eyes are getting old.
Still gonna be a debacle if Bolt-On get his way. How'd his last excellent adventure go?

Ain't no Stormin' Normans about.

120,000 doesn't sound like enough.
Iranian armed forces number 523,000 active personnel. The last time that the US tried something like this, George H.W. Bush put together a broad U.N. sanctioned coalition with dozens of like-minded nation's. Trump has pissed off/dissed off everybody and military allies will be very hard to come by, if there are any at all other than the Saudis, Israelis and Sheik Yerbouti. The brexiting British are likely in no mood to go to war, right now and their rediness is likely dismal after so much Defence ""austerity". Trump ain't got the right stuff to build coalitions. He's a one man jug band. The Americans might fantasise that they can "go it alone" but that isn't working for them militarily, anymore. Look at the pile of shit they left behind them in Iraq the second time around.

NZDoug
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Iranian armed forces number 523,000 active personnel. The last time that the US tried something like this, George H.W. Bush put together a broad U.N. sanctioned coalition with dozens of like-minded nation's. Trump has pissed off/dissed off everybody and military allies will be very hard to come by, if there are any at all other than the Saudis, Israelis and Sheik Yerbouti. The brexiting British are likely in no mood to go to war, right now and their rediness is likely dismal after so much Defence ""austerity". Trump ain't got the right stuff to build coalitions. He's a one man jug band. The Americans might fantasise that they can "go it alone" but that isn't working for them militarily, anymore. Look at the pile of shit they left behind them in Iraq the second time around.

It's O.K.
Israel will save America!

pgs
Free Thinker

White House Considers Pentagon Plan to Deploy 120,000 US Troops to Middle East to Fight Iran

John Bolton ordered the Pentagon to come up with an “updated” plan for getting more American troops into the Middle East to fight a war against Iran. The plans are in now, according to officials, who say that the options envision 120,000 US ground troops in the Middle East.
Incredibly, this option appears to just be the start of the war, as officials say that the 120,000 plan does not include a US ground invasion of Iran. Officials concede that the ground invasion would require far more troops.
Instead, the 120,000 is just the next step in the ongoing US escalations toward war, and is envisioned as a response to any Iranian threat on US forces or interests, or any hint of acceleration of its nuclear program.
US officials quoted in the media about the plan are everywhere and always supportive of the idea, and the underlying narrative of an “Iranian threat.” Some argue that the fact that the Pentagon would send 120,000 troops and not even invade proves how big the threat is, while others say that the 120,000 troops would be a “scare tactic” to warn Iran off any aggressive moves.
This is quite contrary to Europe’s take on US policy, with European officials calling on the US to exercise some restraint, and expressing concern that US moves are liable to miscalculate and start a war through sheer accident.

More: https://theantimedia.com/white-house...00-troops-iran

I am sure they have lots of plans , for more then just Iran .

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

I am sure they have lots of plans , for more then just Iran .

Maybe even Surrey!

pgs
Free Thinker

I may be proven incorrect but I believe the American carrier group in the gulf can defend itself .

pgs
Free Thinker

Maybe even Surrey!

Right across the street . Zero avenue .

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Right across the street . Zero avenue .

The Yanks need better take-away.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Trump Seeks New $15 Billion Subsidy To Protect Farmers From His Own Trade War

President Donald Trump is seeking an additional $15 billion in U.S. subsidies in an effort to protect farmers from the devastating impact of his trade war with China. That’s on top of $12 billion already earmarked for the farmers to help them weather the fallout.
That would be an additional bill for U.S. taxpayers already shouldering the cost of increased tariffs in the form of higher costs for products and parts from China.
Trump revealed the subsidy figure in a tweet Friday. He suggested the government use the funds to buy agricultural products to ship to other nations for humanitarian aid, though setting up such a system would be extremely complicated. In his most recent budget proposal, Trump proposed eliminating three food aid programs, Politico noted.
The president appeared to dismiss the impact of the cost as he falsely claimed — again — that “massive” tariff payments are being paid by China “directly” to the U.S. Treasury, which would presumably be used to cover the cost of the subsidy. There is “absolutely no need to rush” to negotiate a deal with China, he tweeted.

More: https://news.yahoo.com/trump-trade-w...024200505.html

JLM
No Party Affiliation

So, don't know the rules of capitalization?

Figured. Like I said, semi-literate.

Sorry about those capitals! I guess it made the message completely impossible for you to understand! Even dim witted old me would be able decipher the message. Doesn't say much for your mental ability, does it?

JLM
No Party Affiliation

So, don't know the rules of capitalization?

Figured. Like I said, semi-literate.

Let's just say for sake of argument that I don't know the rules of capitalization! Would that make me any less of a person? You and Putz both seem to judge the validity of a person by a lot of arbitrary bull shit!

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
This is what it sounds like when you wind up a cheap spring.

Tecumsehsbones

Let's just say for sake of argument that I don't know the rules of capitalization! Would that make me any less of a person? You and Putz both seem to judge the validity of a person by a lot of arbitrary bull shit!

It would make you a less literate person. And one given to excessive use of exclamation marks.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

It would make you a less literate person.

For sure but it doesn't detract from the quality of the person any more than say a poor golfer would.
Last edited by JLM; May 15th, 2019 at 09:11 AM..

Tecumsehsbones

For sure but it doesn't detract from the quality of the person any more than say a poor golfer would.

One can conclude, however, that a person who is less literate spends less time reading and writing, both occupations known to increase knowledge and sharpen wit.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

One can conclude, however, that a person who is less literate spends less time reading and writing, both occupations known to increase knowledge and sharpen wit.

Maybe, but that is just one means. You might accomplish the same thing by hanging out with geniuses and having deep discussions.

Walter
State Department Pulls Staff From Iraq
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...-iraq-n2546355

Persian Muzzies are get.

Tecumsehsbones

Maybe, but that is just one means. You might accomplish the same thing by hanging out with geniuses and having deep discussions.

Lot of Nobel Prizewinners in Vernon, BC?

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
Drugs from Canada? Why not, Trump says

President Donald Trump's latest plan to lower drug prices is drawing concerns from Health Secretary Alex Azar, a former pharmaceutical executive who has called drug importation a "gimmick."

Quote:

The President is embracing a controversial Florida proposal to import drugs from Canada, which Republicans have long opposed and many health experts have questioned.
The measure -- backed by Florida Republicans Gov. Rick DeSantis and Rep. Matt Gaetz, both close Trump allies -- requires federal approval. Trump has spoken highly of the idea and has told Azar to pursue the issue as a way to reduce the cost of prescription drugs.
But as recently as last week, Azar expressed reservations during a meeting with Trump, DeSantis and Gaetz, prompting a "spirited discussion," Gaetz told CNN.
"The President directed the secretary to work with Florida to get a plan approved," Gaetz said, who hopes the measure can then be replicated in other states. "I expect that will occur."
Trump has a long history of openly disagreeing with or disregarding his top officials on policy, like former Defense Secretary James Mattis and former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson. The differences with his health secretary -- a former George W. Bush administration official who came to his current role after a decade at drug giant Eli Lilly -- come as Trump is trying to deliver on his health care promises heading into the 2020 campaign.
The President openly championed the importation proposal while standing next to Azar later in the week during a White House event about surprise medical bills.
"And now [drug prices are] going to be going down a long way further, including the fact that we may allow states to buy drugs in other countries if we can buy them for a lesser price -- substantially less price," Trump said. "So we will allow them, with certain permissions, to go to other countries if they can buy them for 40, 50, 60% less."
The Department of Health & Human Services did not respond to a request for comment on the meeting, but Azar told reporters at a separate press conference last week that the Florida proposal would have to overcome certain hurdles before getting the green light.
"The President and I have been very clear: We support importation if it can be done safely and if we can deliver real savings to patients," Azar said. "We'll have to see what plan Florida comes up with or any other state."
The secretary's comments are a far cry from what he said about importation a year ago -- when he called it a "gimmick." He stressed that the idea has been reviewed multiple times by the Congressional Budget Office, which has said it would have "no meaningful effect" in large part because Canada's drug market is too small.
"Canada simply doesn't have enough drugs to sell them to us for less money, and drug companies won't sell Canada or Europe more just to have them imported here," Azar said in remarks about the President's blue print to lower drug prices last May.
Also, he added, the last four commissioners of the Food and Drug Administration have said there's no way to effective ensure that the medication is really coming from Canada, and not a counterfeit factory in China.
"The last thing we need is open borders for unsafe drugs in search of savings that cannot be safely achieved," he said. "You can't improve competition and choice in our drug markets with gimmicks like these."
Politico first reported on the meeting last week.
Azar is not the only administration official to express skepticism.
Scott Gottlieb, a Trump appointee who recently stepped down as FDA commissioner, poured more cold water on the idea Friday at a speech at the National Press Club, noting that the agency had issues with counterfeit drugs brought into the country by wholesalers in Florida. Even importing drugs because of shortages "ends up being a huge endeavor for the agency, not something that can be replicated on a wide scale," he said.
The agency formed a drug importation task force last summer, though Gottlieb stressed at the time that it would mainly be for addressing short-term shortages of specific medications, including disruptions caused by sudden significant price increases. The task force hasn't issued any public statements since.
DeSantis first announced the importation plan in February, saying drug costs are one of the biggest drivers of America's "out of control health care spending."
"While our prices remain high, our neighbors in Canada are spending signficantly less for the same drugs," said DeSantis, who has yet to sign the legislation. "These price disparities are indefensible and inexcusable and I am ready to act."
Gaetz is one of Trump's most visible defenders in the House. He has long held some unconventional views for a Republican, such as his support for legalizing the use of medical marijuana. DeSantis, who has yet to sign the importation bill, also allied himself closely with Trump during his campaign for governor and recently attended the President's campaign rally in hurricane-stricken Panama City.
Florida isn't alone. State lawmakers in Vermont last year passed a bill authorizing drug importation, but have yet to submit it to the Department of Health & Human Services for approval.
The issue of importing drugs from abroad has also split Republican leaders in the Senate.
Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley, who leads the powerful Senate Finance Committee and has introduced bills that would allow importation for years, praised the creation of the FDA task force last summer, calling it "long overdue."
But asked about Trump's support of Florida's plan, Sen. Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, the chair of the influential Senate Health Committee, noted that FDA already allows importing drugs when it has approved the facility and the supply chain it takes to get the medicine to consumers.
"Each year, billions of prescriptions are written for Americans who count on the FDA's gold standard of approval that the manufacture and supply of each of those prescriptions is safe," he said.
Trump's embrace of the idea likely surprised Republicans, said Joe Antos, a health policy scholar at the right-leaning American Enterprise Institute. His support may stem from a political need to say they are doing something about drug prices, coupled with hearing about Americans turning to Canada for lower-cost drugs.
"This is one of a lot of ideas that he's willing to float trial balloons on," Antos said of Trump. "Whether or not they get in the air is another matter."

CNN confused they want to endorse this, but need to attack Trump

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

CNN confused they want to endorse this, but need to attack Trump

Yeah, sounds kinda like you trying to justify Trump's trillion-dollar deficits.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
Nope, outside rebuilding your military it doesn't make sense in a booming economy

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Lot of Nobel Prizewinners in Vernon, BC?

None and I know most of them!

Cliffy
Free Thinker

DaSleeper

Absolutely right.. even some light reading, I learned a new word last night "Pillock "
I think the word defines Cannut pretty well.....

T'was a British novel