The Legacy of George W. Bush

Tyr
Free Thinker
DURING the midterm elections, a question nagged at Republicans who agreed to follow the White House script on the Iraq war: Does the president care more about his legacy than the partyís in pushing his course?
By last week, many Republicans on Capitol Hill had come to believe that their interests and the presidentís may be diverging even wider.
On one end of Pennsylvania Avenue is a president who argues that history will judge him favorably on the war; on the other are increasingly skeptical Republicans who blame the presidentís stay-the-course strategy for the loss of majority status in Congress and fear that it may cost them again in 2008.
The unusual circumstances of the 2008 election may only aggravate the situation. Congressional Republicans face high stakes, particularly in the Senate, where 21 are up for re-election, compared with just 12 Democrats. And the Democrats have already put targets on senators in the Northeast and Midwest where antiwar sentiment helped Democrats sweep into office.

George Jr somehow believes that history will be the judge of his presidency. So far "history" has termed it the most damaging presidency since reconstruction

Two wars, massive debt, unheard of distrust for the presidency and the office of the president. A president with all time lows in popular approval......

Legacy? What legacy!!!

Socrates the Greek
Bush's legacy will be, that he is the biggest Con loser in American History.....
When the American people voted to throw the Democrats out simply screwed them self’s in the ear by making such drastic political statement and let Bush run the show. It came back to haunt them, by loosing their status as a financial power house around the Globe and by virtually reaching the point of the country being bank robed as a result of stupid Con financial practice.

Northboy
Legacy?

The Homeland Security Agency.

Risus
bushinski's legacy is that there are actually people stupider than him, and those people voted him in for a second term....

DurkaDurka
No Party Affiliation
He made Haliburtan ever richer then they previously were, I'm sure that mad some people happy.

Walter
1. Started democracy in Afghanistan, Iraq, and we'll see how the dominoes fall.
2. Prevented a North American terrorist strike since the cowardly 9-11
3. Kept the unemployment rate lower than Canada's, his entire tenure

thomaska
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Oh snap!

but but....well he cant say "nuclear"..yes yes there we go, oh and he also planted all those explosives in the wtc...and some other stuff...too

On a serious note, he kept us safe down here, and killed many bad guys. It damn sure wasn't some lot of pot smoking hippie fence hugging milquetoasts that kept those that would do us harm away.

No..we cannot all just get along. And why should we want to?

Scott Free
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Northboy View Post

Legacy?

The Homeland Security Agency.

1,000,000 dead women and children.

GreenFish66
It is almost certain Bush will not go down as the best President in American History..But perhaps the most popular...
From the day Bush ran for president .You could tell in his agenda, there would be trouble..He is a big Oil guy..Wanted mid east oil..Who could have ever predicted 911?...Not prepared?...Maybe!...But mid east was on the agenda regardless!...G.Bush Followed in his fathers footprints!..
However,After Many Mistakes and by perhaps doing all the right things the wrong way!...He is likeable..I don't know exactly why!..
Maybe it because although he wasn't the greatest president..He seems like he would be a Great guy to party with!!...lol
I am sure ,We can all agree that even though G.W.Bush wasn't the tallest guy in the White house!....Obama has some big shoes to fill!

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Started democracy in Afghanistan, Iraq

He imposed a puppet government of both countries, both of who didn't want democracy in the first place, that is why they are still trying to kick us and the US of Agression out. You can spin it all you want but we are not wanted there. We are only there to get out of it what we can.

Risus

How about his illegal war in Iraq...

Scott Free
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenFish66 View Post

It is almost certain Bush will not go down as the best President in American History..But perhaps the most popular...
From the day Bush ran for president .

Look what the GOP spin doctors did for Reagan, anything is possible in an ADD country.

Mongul
Quote: Originally Posted by Scott Free View Post

Look what the GOP spin doctors did for Reagan, anything is possible in an ADD country.

didn't Reagan come after Jimmy carter? Wasn't america in a Recession when Reagan took office and when he left they weren't? Its not hard to look good when your predeccessor was a bumbling fool who raped the economy and at the same time initiated Operation Eagle Claw.

Reagan Was one of the Better US presidents, there i said it

Now I hope that bush is remembered as the most Liberal of all the Republican Presidents in living memory, Massive Government spending with acts like No Child Left Behind while addressing issues like AIDS in Africa etc. Macleans had a good article on it here. Hes actually more Akin to a Kennedy Democrat than a Reagan Republican, Economically left, socially right, interventionalist.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
"Reagan Was one of the Better US presidents, there i said it"- Absolutely, maybe the best since Truman. Big Ronnie just had an aura of optimism about him.

Scott Free
Free Thinker
LMAO! Well you all made my point for me.

Next decade: why Bush was really a great President.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Ronny 'Star Wars' Raygun? Great president? Holy Cow! The spin doctors have won.

George Dubbya a liberal republican? A bigger oxymoron I have never heard. It must be the medications I'm on for my heart or the world has gone mad. Mad I say. Who is running this asylum anyway?

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Ronny 'Star Wars' Raygun? Great president? Holy Cow! The spin doctors have won.

George Dubbya a liberal republican? A bigger oxymoron I have never heard. It must be the medications I'm on for my heart or the world has gone mad. Mad I say. Who is running this asylum anyway?

Don't forget Cliffy, he tore down them walls.

Scott Free
Free Thinker
He did not! - that is the biggest load of BS! - like the USA won WWII!

Excuse me I have to go puke now.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Don't forget Cliffy, he tore down them walls.

JLM,

The US covertly undermined the USSR economy to the point of collapse. It had nothing to do with Raygun's diplomacy. The guy was senile by the time the wall came down.

Scott Free
Free Thinker
Gorbatshov's reforms might have played a bit of a role too.

Why is it the damn Americans think they did everything?

And like a brainless wh0re Canada just slurps up all their propaganda.

It's pathetic.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
And like a brainless wh0re Canada just slurps up all their propaganda.

We slurp up our own corporate media propaganda with just as much enthusiasm.

Scott Free
Free Thinker
Absolutely!

It's like we live in a fog.

Tyr
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

He made Haliburtan ever richer then they previously were, I'm sure that mad some people happy.

It certainly made Cheney a happy man. Cha-ching!!!

Tyr
Free Thinker

1. An arof occupation hardly counts as a "Democracy"

2. What new terrorist strike. That's the RNC spin doctors dictum He was complicate in not preventing the first after he was warned over and over again

3. And the highest it's been in decades in the USA. 533,000 jobs lost in November

ps. Are you going to keep up your yrly subscription to "The Bush Fanclub" after he's slunk off to "the ranch"?

Tyr
Free Thinker
and killed many bad guys.

What was the final death toll at Gitmo?

Tyr
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Mongul View Post

didn't Reagan come after Jimmy carter? Wasn't america in a Recession when Reagan took office and when he left they weren't? Its not hard to look good when your predeccessor was a bumbling fool who raped the economy and at the same time initiated Operation Eagle Claw.

Now I hope that bush is remembered as the most Liberal of all the Republican Presidents in living memory, Massive Government spending with acts like No Child Left Behind while addressing issues like AIDS in Africa etc. Macleans had a good article on it here. Hes actually more Akin to a Kennedy Democrat than a Reagan Republican, Economically left, socially right, interventionalist.

Wasn't america in a Recession when Reagan took office and when he left they weren't?

..because of the biggest debt ever accumulated at time. They never got out from behind the debt eight-ball until Clinton (oops, me bad mentioning sound financial Democratic party policies)

Its not hard to look good when your predeccessor was a bumbling fool who raped the economy and at the same time initiated Operation Eagle Claw.

Substitute Illegal war in Iraq for Operation Eagle Claw you have George W. Bush. Thanks

you and maybe 4-5 other people actually believe that

Northboy
Quote: Originally Posted by Scott Free View Post

1,000,000 dead women and children.

I'd suggest that was more of an "effect" than a legacy, but after he left the Texas Gosvenor's mansion as the most bloodthirsty occupant, he went into high gear.

I think your number is actually low.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
I guess if it weren't for old Dubya, we'd still have Saddam, Husay and Uday around. Three fairly bad reprobates out of the way!

Tyr
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I guess if it weren't for old Dubya, we'd still have Saddam, Husay and Uday around. Three fairly bad reprobates out of the way!

"we" didn't have Saddam, Husay (still detained in GITMO wqithout charges for the past 4 yrs) or Uday.

They were Bush's personal vendetta and need to prove himself to Dadda Bush

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Tyr View Post

"we" didn't have Saddam, Husay (still detained in GITMO wqithout charges for the past 4 yrs) or Uday.

They were Bush's personal vendetta and need to prove himself to Dadda Bush

Husay is deader than a mackeral for the past 5 years, he and Uday got it at the same time.