wo men china and dalai lama

china
Conservative
Dalai Lama wants to meet Chinese leaders
China National News
Wednesday 19th March, 2008

Tibet's spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, has asked China’s government to hold back on violence while he discusses the crisis in Tibet with them.
He has also asked the international community to urge Beijing not to use violence against protesters.
British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, who has recently spoken to Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao, says the premier told him he would meet the Dalai Lama under certain conditions.
The British prime minister also said that he will have an official meeting with the Dalai Lama when he visits the UK in May.
The Chinese government has threatened that such a meeting would have negative consequences.
China has accused the Dalai Lama of inciting the recent violent protests in Tibet.
On Wednesday, the Tibetan spiritual leader met with protesting Tibetans in exile, who have criticised his approach to the Chinese as being overcautious.
The crackdown in Tibet and nearby provinces, have sparked calls for a boycott of the August Beijing Games which China wants to be successful as it emerges as a world power.
Tibetan activists want the Olympic torch relay to skip Tibet.
But Jiang Xiaoyu, executive vice president of the Beijing Organising Committee for the Olympic Games, has told a news conference the relay would proceed as scheduled because the situation in Tibet has stabilised.
Last edited by china; Mar 23rd, 2008 at 04:24 AM..

DurkaDurka
No Party Affiliation
It's great to see that China has stabilized the situation by shooting at protesters, well done assholes. Are you proud of behavior like this China?

china
Conservative
China admits firing on demonstrators
China National News
Thursday 20th March, 2008
Chinese police have admitted opening fire on protestors in Tibet.Last weekend, police opened fire in the western province of Sichuan, where many ethnic Tibetans live.
Police say they opened fire in self-defence and injured four demonstrators.China has said that only 13 people have been killed during the protests, and that all were killed by rioters in Lhasa. The Tibetan government in exile has said at least 99 people have died so far, including 80 in Lhasa and have accused the security forces of firing on crowds. Earlier on Thursday, China admitted for the first time that the protests had spread outside the Tibetan Autonomous Region to nearby provinces in south-western China where large numbers of ethnic Tibetans live. One of the last correspondents remaining in Tibet, has reported that China has sent reinforcements into Lhasa.He said he had seen at least 200 military vehicles rolling into the city

What can I say DurkaDurka

china
Conservative
Quote:

It's great to see that China has stabilized the situation by shooting at protesters, well done assholes. Are you proud of behavior like this China?

Whether I'M proud or not proud of the Chinese gov.'s action / reaction makes no diffrents to the Chinese government.Personally , I like to keep my own home in order and so does the Chinese gov.
Last edited by china; Mar 21st, 2008 at 08:26 PM..

china
Conservative
Chinese police opened fire on Tibet protesters
China National News
Friday 21st March, 2008
(IANS)

Chinese police have said they shot protesters during violent Tibet-related unrest in the south-western province of Sichuan, in the first admission by authorities that guns were used against Tibetan protesters.

Police opened fire in self-defence during unrest Sunday in the town of Aba, where members of Tibetan community live, police sources said.

The spokesman for China's Foreign Affairs Ministry Thursday denied that security forces had used guns to quell Tibetan independence protests outside Tibet.

In an initial report, official news agency Xinhua said four people were killed but later corrected the story to say four people were injured by gunshots.

'They showed maximum restraint,' Qin Gang said when asked about the reaction of paramilitary police to widespread protests in Sichuan, the neighbouring province of Gansu and other Tibetan areas.

'They did not use or take any lethal weapons,' Qin told reporters.

However, a source in Aba town told DPA that 13 Tibetans, including an 8-year-old, were shot dead during clashes March 14 and five more were killed March 15. A Tibetan exile group said troops had shot dead 39 people in Aba prefecture.

The Xinhua report said police fired shots Sunday after demonstrators attacked officers with knives and tried to take away their weapons.

The central government has confirmed 13 deaths in the demonstrations, apparently all non-Tibetans, during rioting March 14 in the Tibetan capital of Lhasa. It earlier denied opening fire on protesters there.

The India-based Tibetan government in exile said it had confirmed the death of at least 80 people in Lhasa.

Protests by Tibetans in China and other countries began March 10, the 49th anniversary of a failed uprising in Tibet against Chinese authorrities .

DurkaDurka
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by china View Post

Whether I'M proud or not proud of the Chinese gov.'s action / reaction makes no diffrents to the Chinese government.Personally , I like to keep my own home in order and so does Chinese gov.

Do you shoot people in your household to keep things in order, China?

MikeyDB
All experience is fleeting delusion.....

How can anyone "know" 'god'.....

China has demonstrated his grasp of the ethereal nature of the human perception of "existence"....why worry about Tibet or what happens there?

china
Conservative
DurkaDurka\
Quote:

Do you shoot people in your household to keep things in order, China?

Nope ,I love them all and so far none of them seemed to threatened my life ,DURKA DURAK .
Last edited by china; Mar 21st, 2008 at 08:38 PM..

china
Conservative
...MikeyDB

Quote:

All experience is fleeting delusion.....

---if you say so.

Quote:

How can anyone "know" 'god'

----tell us , please, how you know .
[quote]

Quote:

China has demonstrated his grasp of the ethereal nature of the human perception of "existence".

And you are demonstrating your inability to read and comprehend .

Quote:

.why worry about Tibet or what happens there?

Why don't you stop worrying , come to China and do something about it ...and perhaps then you'll be able to say something that makes sense.Now ,you are angry because I'VE POSTED two Chinese articles in this forum ..you're ^@@#!$% .
Last edited by china; Mar 21st, 2008 at 08:41 PM..

DurkaDurka
No Party Affiliation
China, are you part of a cult?

china
Conservative
Quote:

China, are you part of a cult?

No DurakDurak,I,m not a member of any cult , obviously you are familiar with them , I,m not .

china
Conservative
Tibetans barge into Chinese Embassy in India
China National News
Friday 21st March, 2008
(ANI)
New Delhi, Mar 21 : Tibetan protestors on Friday barged into the Chinese Embassy premises in New Delhi, raising the level of their protest against Chinese suppression in Tibet to a new level.Several protestors were severely injured while attempting to climb the walls of the embassy, which was barbed wired.When the demonstrators refused to move to an open space nearby and to resort to peaceful means, the police had to arrest them.
Both men and women protestors were dragged and taken away by the police.

Meanwhile, China's Ambassador to India Zhang Yang today reacted sharply to the Dalai Lama's meeting with visiting U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi in Dharamsala, saying that Beijing saw the meeting as a direct interference in its internal affairs, and strongly objected to such happenings.

"We oppose any interference in Chinese affairs by any government, organization and country. Tibet is China's internal affair. Any attempt to meddle in our internal affairs is doomed to failure," Ambassador Yang said.
The Chinese envoy described the Dalai Lama and his followers as criminals and looters, and even blamed him for cheating the international community in the name of non-violence.

"We attach importance to deeds not words," said Ambassador Yang.

On having negotiations with the Dalai Lama, Ambassador Yang said: "Until and unless the Dalai Lama gives up his demand for the independence of Tibet and his agenda of separatism and shuns violence, no talks can take place."
He also accused the Indian media of pandering to and being influenced by a biased Western media, but said the Indian Government had handled the situation in a very balanced manner.
The embassy also released a couple of reports and documentaries that were shown on CCTV, the state-run television channel, which highlighted the rioting, looting and stoning by Tibetan activists. Shots of charred buildings and dead and injured victims were also shown.
Ambassador Yang's reaction came shortly after Pelosi, the third highest ranking US official, met the the Dalai Lama in Dharamsala on Friday, and thereafter, criticised China for its policies in Tibet.
Pelosi said it is high time that the international community geared up to work towards a resolution of the Tibetan cause.
She accused China of suppressing Tibetan freedom.
The US favours a dialogue between China and the Dalai Lama towards the resolution of the Tibet problem.

china
Conservative
Photos could lead to torture for Tibetan rioters
China National News
Friday 21st March, 2008

China has released photos of wanted Tibetans who were captured on film during recent rioting.

Human rights groups and activists have warned of mass arrests and possible torture if any of the wanted people are caught by the Chinese police.

The state-controlled Tibet Daily later said two of the 19 alleged perpetrators had already been taken into custody.

It also provided a hotline number for information from the public on those still at large.

Police have apparently been relying on photos of the rioters already published on the Internet, on sites such as Yahoo and Sina.

Meanwhile, the Dalai Lama has arrived in India's capital, Delhi, to give discourses on Buddhist philosophy over the next week.

As he was arriving, Tibetan protesters slipped into India's Chinese embassy premises while Chinese ambassador Zhang Yan was giving a speech, warning India not to be misled by the 'lies' of the Tibetan leader.

Tibetan protesters scaled the compound walls of the Chinese embassy located in the high-security diplomatic area of Chanakyapuri.

Several protesters were later detained by the police.

MikeyDB
China

Why do you think it appropriate to favor us with your endless open-ended largely meaningless questions and when the same thinking that provides you with this charlatan's ruse of "wisdom" is pointed in your direction...you become angry?

Tibet is simply another Kosovo or another Ukraine or a Chechnya, wrapping up the Tibet issue in flowery rhetoric doesn't change a thing. Large nations eat little nations.... It's been going on since your famous wall was built.....

china
Conservative
China to resolutely 'crush, smash' Free Tibet forces
China National News
Saturday 22nd March, 2008
(ANI)

New Delhi, Mar 22 : China today said that it would pursue its crackdown in Tibet to the bitter end in a bid to smash opposition to Beijing's rule in the remote region.

Thousands of Chinese troops and paramilitary police fanned out across Tibet and neighbouring provinces to crush unrest in Lhasa that has spilled into other far-flung corners.

Mouthpiece of the ruling Communist Party, the People's Daily, turned a blind eye to appeals for dialogue with Tibet's spiritual leader the Dalai Lama, and said the "Dalai clique'' must be shattered.

"China must resolutely crush the conspiracy of sabotage and smash 'Tibet independence forces','' the newspaper said in an editorial.

The People's Daily said that "1.3 billion Chinese people, including the Tibetan people, would allow no person or force to undermine the stability of the region''.

"It is for that very purpose that China resolutely cracks down on and severely punishes a handful of lawless criminals.''

It said the Dalai Lama masterminded anti-Chinese unrest in the hope of undermining the August 8-24 Beijing Olympics and splitting Tibet from China.

Earlier today, China said the death toll in rioting in Lhasa had risen to 19, including one police officer, from the previous official toll of 13 civilians.

Tibet's government in exile has put the "confirmed'' death toll from a week of unrest across the Himalayan region and neighbouring provinces at 99.

The Dalai said that he wanted more autonomy not independence for Tibet and dialogue rather than confrontation with China.

The Lhasa protests began last week to mark the anniversary of a 1959 uprising against Beijing's rule of Tibet, amid widespread anger over what Tibetans say have been brutal and repressive policies.

china
Conservative
.MikeyDB [quote] __________________
I believe in Nothing everything is sacred: I believe in everything nothing is sacred. The Chink...QUOTE]

The reason that I don't believe in God or Mother Goose ... is the same .
work on it...I think it's within your range .
Last edited by china; Mar 24th, 2008 at 09:04 AM..

MikeyDB
Mother Goose is REAL!

My my how that nasty ole emotion has overtaken your intellect.....

china
Conservative
Quote:

My my how that nasty ole emotion has overtaken your intellect...

You cannot know your own perfection until you have honoured all those who were created like you.
Love you MikeyDB , one thing you can count on .......can't help it.
Last edited by china; Mar 23rd, 2008 at 08:06 AM..

MikeyDB
What is love?

china
Conservative
MikeyDB ,

Quote:

What is love?

If you are truly searching for the answer to this question Mikey ,then it would be better to ask yourself what Love is not .
One thing is certain though ,when you are ,love is not ; when you are not , Love Is.
So perhaps the question should be ..........who am I .

china
Conservative

CHINA / Latest

Chinese experts condemn biased reports on Lhasa riot by western media

(Xinhua)
Updated: 2008-03-24 14:11

The British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) released a picture on its website showing Chinese Armed Police officers helping medical staff move a wounded person into an ambulance.
The website's caption said that "there is a heavy military presence in Lhasa", neglecting the obvious First Aid and Red Cross signs on the ambulance.
Related readings:
Residents in Tibetan-inhabited county return to normal life after riot
Baby burned to death in Lhasa riot fire
94 injured in Tibetan-inhabited prefecture riot
Netizens slam CNN's distortion of riot picture

Lhasa riot reports show media bias in West
Tibetans mourn five young women who died in riot

"I was angered, as a media researcher, by their reporting," Zhang said. German newspaper Berliner Morgenpost posted a picture on its website that depicted police in Lhasa rescuing a young man assaulted by rioters. But the caption said "insurrectionist taken away by police".
U.S.-based Fox TV said in a picture caption on its website that Chinese military personnel dragged some protestors onto a vehicle, when actually the uniformed people were Indian police.
N-TV, headquartered in Germany, used TV footage showing police with captured protestors in a report on the Tibet riots. The footage had been shot in Nepal and the police were Nepalese.
Zhang said that in these cases, newspapers and TV stations obviously chose materials according to their pre-conceived ideas. When they failed to find "proper" materials, they used something else instead.
"They violated the fundamental journalistic principle of 'truth'," she said.
Working at a Tianjin TV station, He Hua said she understood the great visual impact that pictures and TV footage had on readers and audiences.
She said a New York Times story that mentioned the riot in Tibet used a picture of Nepalese police and protesters. This would definitely mislead the public, not to mention reports directly confusing Nepalese and Indian police with Chinese.
"I was ashamed for my western counterparts," she said.
Yang Jing, graduate student in the international communication school of CUC, said she was disappointed by the western media, which she used to appreciate and respect for their objectivity and fairness.
"When some major events happened, I used to check how they reported them and listen to their opinions. However, their good image collapsed in my mind due to this incident," she said.
According to official statistics, at least 18 civilians and one police officer have been confirmed killed in the Lhasa unrest, which also saw 624 injuries. Damage is estimated at more than 244 million yuan (about US$34 million).

MikeyDB
Quote: Originally Posted by china View Post

MikeyDB ,

If you are truly searching for the answer to this question Mikey ,then it would be better to ask yourself what Love is not .
One thing is certain though ,when you are ,love is not ; when you are not , Love Is.
So perhaps the question should be ..........who am I .

Sophistry.

Allthough you further the notion that you understand the world and its dynamics, it becomes apparent that you don't. Perhaps your worldview prevents you from acknowledging the fragility of your many and various postulates. if "you're truly searching" for a dialogue with people, as opposed to raining down dogma you'll have to work on your communications skills.

A man who fails to taste feel and hear the zephyr of love has nothing to share.

darkbeaver
Republican
The Role of the CIA: Behind the Dalai Lama's Holy Cloak

By Michael Backman

Global Research, March 23, 2008
www.theage.com - 2007-05-23

Global Research Editor's note

This incisive article by Michael Backman outlines the relationship of the Dalai Lama and his organization to US intelligence.

The Dalai Lama has been on the CIA payroll since the late 1950s. He is an instrument of US intelligence.

An understanding of this longstanding relationship to the CIA is essential, particuarly in the light of recent events. In all likelihood US intelligence was behind the protest movement, organized to occur a few months prior to the Beijing Olympic games.

M. C. 23 March 2008

Rarely do journalists challenge the Dalai Lama.

Partly it is because he is so charming and engaging. Most published accounts of him breeze on as airily as the subject, for whom a good giggle and a quaint parable are substitutes for hard answers. But this is the man who advocates greater autonomy for millions of people who are currently Chinese citizens, presumably with him as head of their government. So, why not hold him accountable as a political figure?
No mere spiritual leader, he was the head of Tibet's government when he went into exile in 1959. It was a state apparatus run by aristocratic, nepotistic monks that collected taxes, jailed and tortured dissenters and engaged in all the usual political intrigues. (The Dalai Lama's own father was almost certainly murdered in 1946, the consequence of a coup plot.)
The government set up in exile in India and, at least until the 1970s, received $US1.7 million a year from the CIA.
The money was to pay for guerilla operations against the Chinese, notwithstanding the Dalai Lama's public stance in support of non-violence, for which he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1989.
The Dalai Lama himself was on the CIA's payroll from the late 1950s until 1974, reportedly receiving $US15,000 a month ($US180,000 a year).
The funds were paid to him personally, but he used all or most of them for Tibetan government-in-exile activities, principally to fund offices in New York and Geneva, and to lobby internationally.
Details of the government-in-exile's funding today are far from clear. Structurally, it comprises seven departments and several other special offices. There have also been charitable trusts, a publishing company, hotels in India and Nepal, and a handicrafts distribution company in the US and in Australia, all grouped under the government-in-exile's Department of Finance.
The government was involved in running 24 businesses in all, but decided in 2003 that it would withdraw from these because such commercial involvement was not appropriate.
Several years ago, I asked the Dalai Lama's Department of Finance for details of its budget. In response, it claimed then to have annual revenue of about $US22 million, which it spent on various health, education, religious and cultural programs.
The biggest item was for politically related expenditure, at $US7 million. The next biggest was administration, which ran to $US4.5 million. Almost $US2 million was allocated to running the governm

china
Conservative
darkbeaver,

THANKS darkbeaver for an excellent post.

china
Conservative
MikeyDB ,

Quote:

if "you're truly searching" for a dialogue with people, as opposed to raining down dogma you'll have to work on your communications skills.

I,m always open to a talk .What is it you don't understand ?

MikeyDB
No China you're open to unicorns and fairie queens. You have nothing to help me understand anything China. You need the understanding.

china
Conservative
Quote:

No China you're open to unicorns and fairie queens. You have nothing to help me understand anything China. You need the understanding.

I understand , stop hating yourself MDB.

MikeyDB
China

May you have an interesting life as well.

china
Conservative
Quote:

May you have an interesting life as well.

I am

MikeyDB
Good maybe someday you'll get in touch with the fact that one of the oldest civilizations on earth has neither heard nor listened to your hollow philosophy. You post articles about events in Tibet and China as though this doesn't have anything to do with your magnificently failed and failing rhetoric. The expectation that any western mind is available to the same language the same symbolic artifice as that which has been ignored by the Chinese and every Asian for centuries is either flight of fancy or disassociation.

Your's is simply "religion" clothed in Rubik's Cube.