... and here comes the food shortages I said would happen

Mockingbird
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

1,000 workers temporarily laid off at Alberta meat plant with COVID-19 outbreak, union says
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...offs-1.5532568

More on Cargill, and it's hitting High River pretty hard. I wonder how long until they close the plant down?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...id=hplocalnews

Tecumsehsbones
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post

More on Cargill, and it's hitting High River pretty hard. I wonder how long until they close the plant down?

So, we live through it, we protect ourselves as best we can, and in a year or so, we'll have a vaccine, and Covid will join polio, smallpox, yellow fever, and bubonic plague as destroyers that are now mere footnotes.

Knowledge and technology will save us. Courage and good sense will protect us until then.

Despair not, dear lady. This too shall pass.

Mockingbird
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

So, we live through it, we protect ourselves as best we can, and in a year or so, we'll have a vaccine, and Covid will join polio, smallpox, yellow fever, and bubonic plague as destroyers that are now mere footnotes.
Knowledge and technology will save us. Courage and good sense will protect us until then.
Despair not, dear lady. This too shall pass.

Probably one of the more sensible posts I have read here in some time.

B00Mer
+3

Probably one of the more sensible posts I have read here in some time.

One of the most positive when every time you turn on the radio or TV it's just more negative, death count and "We're all going to die" BS.

This COVID-19 really made us all think how important family is, and time I hope.

"Time, the most precious commodity in the universe, you can't buy more of it, and you only have a limited amount, make the most of what you have now.."

Mockingbird
+3

One of the most positive when every time you turn on the radio or TV it's just more negative, death count and "We're all going to die" BS.
This COVID-19 really made us all think how important family is, and time I hope.
"Time, the most precious commodity in the universe, you can't buy more of it, and you only have a limited amount, make the most of what you have now.."

Sure did Boomer. I too hope that people now see how important time is. It's something that should never be taken for granted. It didn't take this virus for me and my husband to learn the importance of time though, he was diagnosed with cancer almost 2 years ago (he beat the odds and came through it well, knock on wood) but yeah, when you think you have so little of it left, you sure learn to appreciate it. Everything else is just noise...

B00Mer

Sure did Boomer. I too hope that people now see how important time is. It's something that should never be taken for granted. It didn't take this virus for me and my husband to learn the importance of time though, he was diagnosed with cancer almost 2 years ago (he beat the odds and came through it well, knock on wood) but yeah, when you think you have so little of it left, you sure learn to appreciate it. Everything else is just noise...

Yeah, been there done that..

Left a nasty scar.

pgs
+1

Left a nasty scar.

Scars are proof you survived .

taxslave
+1

So make money while you can because the government is not keen on giving back any they stole.

Mockingbird
+1

Left a nasty scar.

I'll bet it did, cancer of the throat? My husband had colon cancer and he too has a pretty nasty scar. Cancer sure is a messed up thing to deal with. Can't say enough about the folks as SHC and Tom Baker.

Cliffy
+1

petros
+1
Nah. I'll use your ashes for fertilizer.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Nah. I'll use your ashes for fertilizer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq3TiuRC-VQ

Mowich
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro52 View Post

A large industrialised farm on which large numbers of livestock are raised indoors in conditions intended to maximise production at minimal cost.

Also a house of horrors possibly rendering antibiotics redundant.

If you are ever bored read this book by a GWB former speech writer.

Mowich
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Thumbs up, Cliffy.................this made me laugh - thanks for that.

Girth
I don't eat pork and hardly eat cow, and I may stop eating it entirely after the COVID blows over.

Girth
+1

The idiot executives of Cargill should be arrested and jailed. Those morons were telling people who tested positive, to return to work if they showed no symptoms, even when the workers had tested positive.

gerryh
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

The idiot executives of Cargill should be arrested and jailed. Those morons were telling people who tested positive, to return to work if they showed no symptoms, even when the workers had tested positive.

Cargil to close meat packing plant.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...re-of-alberta/

petros
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Those arent farms. That's the last stop on the burger train and it's a short stay. Toot toot.

Mockingbird
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

A lawsuit in the making?

B00Mer
+2
Ottawa watching food supply chain 'very, very carefully' after Alberta outbreak

Told Ya...

The meat prices will be going up along other foods..

Okay off to Texas with a load of pork

B00Mer
+1
Coronavirus-driven CO2 shortage threatens US food and water supply, officials say

Can't find what you want in the grocery store? Here's why

Said1

Ottawa watching food supply chain 'very, very carefully' after Alberta outbreak
Told Ya...
The meat prices will be going up along other foods..
Okay off to Texas with a load of pork

There's been multiple plants shut down in South Dakota (or is it north), making it's way down to Texas

Twin_Moose
+4

Coronavirus-driven CO2 shortage threatens US food and water supply, officials say

So I guess it's settled no more worries about Climate change

Greta can go back to school now her goal has been reached

captain morgan
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1 View Post

There's been multiple plants shut down in South Dakota (or is it north), making it's way down to Texas

Enjoy your beyond meat replacement protein

Avro52
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

What's wrong with beyond meat?

B00Mer
+5
#56  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro52 View Post

What's wrong with beyond meat?

It ain't meat.

pgs
+1

Good weather on the way , lots of protein in fish . Hope everything is normal by fall . Wouldn’t want a soot black Christmas . Or is that grey . Hey Hoid what colour was Christmas 100 years ago in Liverpool ?

petros
+2
Yay, Spring.

Its cooling off a little today, only 17C

captain morgan
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Good weather on the way , lots of protein in fish . Hope everything is normal by fall . Wouldn’t want a soot black Christmas . Or is that grey . Hey Hoid what colour was Christmas 100 years ago in Liverpool ?

You shouldn't have to wait too long for a chemical/toxic alternative called Beyond Fish.... Caught fresh daily from your local lab and chemical supply warehouse

pgs

You shouldn't have to wait too long for a chemical/toxic alternative called Beyond Fish.... Caught fresh daily from your local lab and chemical supply warehouse

I will be right on that .