More the Marry in Bountiful, BC


Said1
#61
An unconsummated marriage does not invalidate the marriage - unless certain criteria is met . An annulment in the church isn't biding either. From what I can recall.
 
WeeLeprechaun
#62
Well JLM you live close by in a sense, and am sure you have been to Creston BC. Have you seen any with 14 year old girls???? Off topic, but I did not bring it up here. So.....
Anyways, I have never been witness to any married to girls this young, and as I said have been in their homes numerous times, and have asked if they married young, no they said, they married at the age of 16 as all do. Marriage to any younger is not allowed. And as I said they are very happy and contented decent people, so are the men. I have no hate on for men, have too many in my family for that silliness. As a matter of fact prefer their company over womens any day.
 
Zzarchov
#63
Now normally I'd be pretty anti WeeLeprechaun at this point, because of the harsh and angry (and often non-sensical) nature of your posts.

But, Im gathering (from what i've read thus far) you are from near Bountiful BC?

In such case, Im willing to cut you some serious slack in my personal opinions because I can understand it being more than a little extra emotional when people you know, close friends, are having their family uprooted.

But I'd seriously consider stepping back, calming down and then posting a little calmer, even though it is no doubt very hard to do so in this case.
 
talloola
#64
Quote: Originally Posted by WeeLeprechaun View Post

Well JLM you live close by in a sense, and am sure you have been to Creston BC. Have you seen any with 14 year old girls???? Off topic, but I did not bring it up here. So.....
Anyways, I have never been witness to any married to girls this young, and as I said have been in their homes numerous times, and have asked if they married young, no they said, they married at the age of 16 as all do. Marriage to any younger is not allowed. And as I said they are very happy and contented decent people, so are the men. I have no hate on for men, have too many in my family for that silliness. As a matter of fact prefer their company over womens any day.

16 is far too young for girls to be marrying, give them a chance to grow up
and know 'themselves', but i guess that would ruin everything if they developed
a plan for themselves, then maybe they would choose to do other things.
 
Zzarchov
#65
Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

16 is far too young for girls to be marrying, give them a chance to grow up
and know 'themselves', but i guess that would ruin everything if they developed
a plan for themselves, then maybe they would choose to do other things.

But what has that to do with polygamy? Is a 16 year old marrying ok if its monogamous?
 
WeeLeprechaun
#66
16 is over the age of consent. If okayed by the parents, none of your business.
 
WeeLeprechaun
#67
I wish to thank the 'gentleman' who sent my posts over here, would not want to be off topic like others, or resort to insults. Even though I am an accomplished typist at 120 words a minute it saved me time. Again thank you.
 
WeeLeprechaun
#68
not really, considering some do not grow up at any age. Especially those that have one sided opinions about men, religion and what they do not know. And also those that hide behind a computer. I happen to think a lot of woman like a double standard, and want it both ways in life. I have no patience or respect for that sort. Blame men, blah blah blah.
 
WeeLeprechaun
#69
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1 View Post

An unconsummated marriage does not invalidate the marriage - unless certain criteria is met . An annulment in the church isn't biding either. From what I can recall.

Depends on the church, and the reason for annulment!
 
shadowshiv
#70
Quote: Originally Posted by WeeLeprechaun View Post

I wish to thank the 'gentleman' who sent my posts over here, would not want to be off topic like others, or resort to insults. Even though I am an accomplished typist at 120 words a minute it saved me time. Again thank you.

Hey! You're quite welcome. It IS my job, after all.
 
WeeLeprechaun
#71
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshiv View Post

Hey! You're quite welcome. It IS my job, after all.

Well would not want to be off topic like the administrator who made offensive emails to me. Nor can I be accused of insulting another poster as she did, or changing their name to come off as an insult.

Hope they pay you well.

And no problem, as I said I was only responding to an email, it was not me that was off topic to begin with. But now that I know the rules I will be sure to point out those that do the same, off topic you know.

As for Bountiful, no I never lived there, But as I said, I lived in the town next to it, it is called Creston BC, if you look on the map it is very close. And as I said I have family members that are members of this church, not in this town, so remarks like Karries are discriminative among a few others who are misinformed, and only go by what they hear, not what they know. As I stated in one of my replies, I have met these people, have been in their homes, and have asked questions, know for a fact that none are there by force, and none have married at the age of 14, hysterics have always brought about untruths in many situations in life, including this one.
 
Said1
#72
Quote: Originally Posted by WeeLeprechaun View Post

Depends on the church, and the reason for annulment!


No it doesn't. But I'm not speaking of canon law (religous), I''m speaking of civil law. Kay?
 
WeeLeprechaun
#73
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1 View Post

No it doesn't. But I'm not speaking of canon law (religous), I''m speaking of civil law. Kay?

Yes I do, but one must ask do you??? I will ask you the same question I asked Karrie do you know any of these people, have you met any?????
 
JLM
#74
Quote: Originally Posted by WeeLeprechaun View Post

Well JLM you live close by in a sense, and am sure you have been to Creston BC. Have you seen any with 14 year old girls???? Off topic, but I did not bring it up here. So.....
Anyways, I have never been witness to any married to girls this young, and as I said have been in their homes numerous times, and have asked if they married young, no they said, they married at the age of 16 as all do. Marriage to any younger is not allowed. And as I said they are very happy and contented decent people, so are the men. I have no hate on for men, have too many in my family for that silliness. As a matter of fact prefer their company over womens any day.

I've been through Creston many times but generally just stopped for a bite to eat or get gas and have never been to Bountiful or was even conscious of ever seeing any of the sect, except for what I've seen watching the news. I have opinions about the situation but that is all, they are just hypothetical.
 
WeeLeprechaun
#75
Seems no one gets up in arms over the atrocities done to boys, and natives by the Catholic church. Is it because it does not involve women???
Women have no more rights than men, just most think they do.
 
karrie
#76
Quote: Originally Posted by WeeLeprechaun View Post

Well would not want to be off topic like the administrator who made offensive emails to me. Nor can I be accused of insulting another poster as she did, or changing their name to come off as an insult.

Hope they pay you well.

And no problem, as I said I was only responding to an email, it was not me that was off topic to begin with. But now that I know the rules I will be sure to point out those that do the same, off topic you know.

As for Bountiful, no I never lived there, But as I said, I lived in the town next to it, it is called Creston BC, if you look on the map it is very close. And as I said I have family members that are members of this church, not in this town, so remarks like Karries are discriminative among a few others who are misinformed, and only go by what they hear, not what they know. As I stated in one of my replies, I have met these people, have been in their homes, and have asked questions, know for a fact that none are there by force, and none have married at the age of 14, hysterics have always brought about untruths in many situations in life, including this one.

which view precisely... the one that I've repeated over and over again that polygamy should be left well enough alone, and only underage marriage should be addressed? Your comments don't seem to contradict that at all.
 
lone wolf
#77
Quote: Originally Posted by WeeLeprechaun View Post

Yes I do, but one must ask do you??? I will ask you the same question I asked Karrie do you know any of these people, have you met any?????

Just out of curiosity, you don't cook better than any restaurant, drive better than any professional, live as royalty in the Dominican Republic and call yourself Harley in another life do you?
 
WeeLeprechaun
#78
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I've been through Creston many times but generally just stopped for a bite to eat or get gas and have never been to Bountiful or was even conscious of ever seeing any of the sect, except for what I've seen watching the news. I have opinions about the situation but that is all, they are just hypothetical.

Well at least you do not allow it to be your conclusion. I do not make a habit out of believing everything I read. As I said experience and knowledge asking questions is the better teacher, not assumptions. Have a good day, and thanks for the mature response, at least it is debatable and worth a response.
 
WeeLeprechaun
#79
If a person wants more than one spouse their business. If it was women with more than one husband, I am sure it would be accepted by some, or even made light of.
 
karrie
#80
Quote: Originally Posted by WeeLeprechaun View Post

If a person wants more than one spouse their business. If it was women with more than one husband, I am sure it would be accepted by some, or even made light of.

I agree 100% btw.

(as long as we're talking women and men)
 
Said1
#81
Quote: Originally Posted by WeeLeprechaun View Post

Yes I do, but one must ask do you??? I will ask you the same question I asked Karrie do you know any of these people, have you met any?????

Yes, you do what?

My comments were also general, I thought that was obvious.

Why do you hate women?
 
Said1
#82
Quote: Originally Posted by WeeLeprechaun View Post

Seems no one gets up in arms over the atrocities done to boys, and natives by the Catholic church. Is it because it does not involve women???
Women have no more rights than men, just most think they do.

Strawman. Or in your case, strawwomen.
 
WeeLeprechaun
#83
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1 View Post

Yes, you do what?

My comments were also general, I thought that was obvious.

Why do you hate women?

Do try to keep track, I do know what law you are talking about, do you??? Or is it something you read.
Obvious, not likely.
Why do I hate women, did not say I did, am one myself. I am just tired of the double standard most broads employ these days.
 
WeeLeprechaun
#84
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1 View Post

Strawman. Or in your case, strawwomen.


LOL. Nor do I follow the status quo. And do not use the quote of the day or cute little names to hide behind. Say what you mean, or not. Strawwomen, is quite funny, and over used by those with no wit....and very limited in it's meaning. Call me what you want, it means nothing to me. Try some originality then you may get my attention.
 
WeeLeprechaun
#85
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1 View Post

Strawman. Or in your case, strawwomen.

off topic. tsk tsk.
 
WeeLeprechaun
#86
The people of Bountiful are a harmless people. Unlike a lot of other segments of todays society and what we allow in this country.
 
Zan
#87
Harleyhunny/WeeLeprechaun:

Your second attempt at joining this community has fared no better than your first. Should you choose to create a third account to join and troll this site, you will be reported to your service provider.
 
Said1
#88
Quote: Originally Posted by WeeLeprechaun View Post

Do try to keep track, I do know what law you are talking about, do you??? Or is it something you read.
Obvious, not likely.

I believe you. I have no doubt that you, in all your infinite wisdom that comes with age and experience knows exactly what is and isn't admissible when seeking a divorce based unconsummation, in a civil divorce proceeding. I bet you can quote it, verbatum.

Quote:

Why do I hate women, did not say I did, am one myself. I am just tired of the double standard most broads employ these days.

LOL. If you say so.
 
Said1
#89
Quote: Originally Posted by WeeLeprechaun View Post

off topic. tsk tsk.

Ohhhh, the irony.
 
karrie
#90
Zan, you are a goddess.
 

Similar Threads

10
Marry Old England? Not Today!
by Spade | Feb 15th, 2009
5
Couple, 33 and 104, reportedly marry
by I think not | May 3rd, 2006
104
Why do you marry?
by ice water | Jan 19th, 2005