Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

The cartridge won't fire without gun powder.

maybe that the solution - banning gun powder

"Gun powder"

How quaint.

It's 1867 again.

JamesBondo
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

"Gun powder"

How quaint.

It's 1867 again.

No, it isn't.

It is 2018, and you are not making any sense.

Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

So why do you want even more ineffective laws. Almost every week there is a shooting in Surry and all are with handguns that have been restricted for almost 90 years. Non of them are registered either. Making laws that criminals refuse to follow is a waste of time and money for the rest of us.

because she doesn't care about victims in Surrey. for her, it is all about disarming women so they are helpless against their much bigger attackers.

Tecumsehsbones
As long as we continue to break the world down into two categories: career criminals and everybody else, no sensible discussion is possible.

Which is OK, because it's been amply demonstrated that only two or three people on this thread want a sensible discussion to begin with.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

As long as we continue to break the world down into two categories: career criminals and everybody else, no sensible discussion is possible.

Which is OK, because it's been amply demonstrated that only two or three people on this thread want a sensible discussion to begin with.

I can think of one for sure!

Ooops, did you mean thread or forum?

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I can think of one for sure!

Colpy gave it his honest best shot at a civil discussion.

And it worked as well as Tecumseh's honest best shot at stopping the westward expansion.

Ah, well, good intentions.

taxslave
Free Thinker

But they are two distinct categories. And the biggest problem is laws intended to control criminals and crazies are enforced on normal law abiding citizens at great expense and contributing very little to the intended result.
Also bear in mind this is a Canadian forum and our laws are already much stricter than most states and we still have regular shootings with mostly unregistered handguns. Most of our laws appear to have been written by a career bureaucrat that never owned a hunting file or shotgun.

Tecumsehsbones

But they are two distinct categories.

And if you think those are the only two categories, you're even stupider than I thought.

One single example explodes your ridiculous world view. . .

Was Justin Bourqe a career criminal?

taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
Never heard of him.

Tecumsehsbones

Never heard of him.

Of course not. He falls outside your childishly simple worldview, so your mind is not capable of recognizing his existence.

Colpy
Conservative

Colpy gave it his honest best shot at a civil discussion.

And it worked as well as Tecumseh's honest best shot at stopping the westward expansion.

Ah, well, good intentions.

Really lol!!

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

No, it isn't.

It is 2018, and you are not making any sense.

"Gun powder" also known as "black powder" was retired with the Brown Bess. For 2/3 century, it was replaced by Cordite, which produces far less smoke and far more kinetic energy.

Cordite is a family of smokeless propellants developed and produced in the United Kingdom since 1889 to replace gunpowder as a military propellant. Like gunpowder, cordite is classified as a low explosive because of its slow burning rates and consequently low brisance. These produce a subsonic deflagration wave rather than the supersonic detonation wave produced by brisants, or high explosives. The hot gases produced by burning gunpowder or cordite generate sufficient pressure to propel a bullet or shell to its target, but not so quickly as to routinely destroy the barrel of the gun.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordite

Cordite was replaced by increasingly more efficient propellants after WWII and "gun powder" is a quaint, historic expression used by singin' cowpokes 'round the campfire chawin' tarbakky.

Oh, and by the way, the material in the "fuse end" of a cartridge that explodes when struck is not the same stuff as the powdered (or stranded) propellant that sits behind the bullet
Last edited by Curious Cdn; Apr 1st, 2018 at 12:13 PM..

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1

Of course not. He falls outside your childishly simple worldview, so your mind is not capable of recognizing his existence.

Hey, I haven't heard of him either which kind of demolishes your explanation!

Hoid
Look at all those people speeding!

Making speed limits that criminals do not follow is a waste of time and money for the rest of us!

this new gun powder issue is refreshing.

it can take the place of what is or isn't an assault weapon.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation

But they are two distinct categories. And the biggest problem is laws intended to control criminals and crazies are enforced on normal law abiding citizens at great expense and contributing very little to the intended result.
Also bear in mind this is a Canadian forum and our laws are already much stricter than most states and we still have regular shootings with mostly unregistered handguns. Most of our laws appear to have been written by a career bureaucrat that never owned a hunting file or shotgun.

You appear to be overlooking one very important point and that is the fact that Canadian gun death rates are much lower than those in the US, so something is working here.

taxslave
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

You appear to be overlooking one very important point and that is the fact that Canadian gun death rates are much lower than those in the US, so something is working here.

Not working too well in Surrey.

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

Or Abbotsford for that matter , but no one cares because they are just expendable brown people .

taxslave
Free Thinker
If two drug dealers shoot each other is it still a gun crime?

Cliffy
Free Thinker

JamesBondo

"Gun powder" also known as "black powder" was retired with the Brown Bess. For 2/3 century, it was replaced by Cordite, which produces far less smoke and far more kinetic energy.

Cordite is a family of smokeless propellants developed and produced in the United Kingdom since 1889 to replace gunpowder as a military propellant. Like gunpowder, cordite is classified as a low explosive because of its slow burning rates and consequently low brisance. These produce a subsonic deflagration wave rather than the supersonic detonation wave produced by brisants, or high explosives. The hot gases produced by burning gunpowder or cordite generate sufficient pressure to propel a bullet or shell to its target, but not so quickly as to routinely destroy the barrel of the gun.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordite

Cordite was replaced by increasingly more efficient propellants after WWII and "gun powder" is a quaint, historic expression used by singin' cowpokes 'round the campfire chawin' tarbakky.

Oh, and by the way, the material in the "fuse end" of a cartridge that explodes when struck is not the same stuff as the powdered (or stranded) propellant that sits behind the bullet

ROTFLMAO, according to your own post, Cordite has become 'quaint', too.

Curious Cdn
Conservative

ROTFLMAO, according to your own post, Cordite has become 'quaint', too.

Yup. Quaint and obsolete. I don't have to worry about semi-literate "manly men" spouting off about Cordite as most of you appear to know zip & zero about history.

"Gun powder" ... you see, I have a lot to do with re-enactors who have real Brown Bess muskets and who actually use gunpowder (I have even made it from time to time) and reading some self-prockaimed firearms expert blather about it is pretty funny.

... and you think that you are qualified to arm the whole populace?

Tecumsehsbones

Hey, I haven't heard of him either which kind of demolishes your explanation!

He was the punk who shot the Moncton Mounties. It happened in a country called Canada, which I suppose you've never heard of either.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+2

He was the punk who shot the Moncton Mounties. It happened in a country called Canada, which I suppose you've never heard of either.

This may come as a bit of a shock to you but I think Canada is slightly more memorable than Justin Bourge.

JamesBondo

Yup. Quaint and obsolete. I don't have to worry about semi-literate "manly men" spouting off about Cordite as most of you appear to know zip & zero about history.

"Gun powder" ... you see, I have a lot to do with re-enactors who have real Brown Bess muskets and who actually use gunpowder (I have even made it from time to time) and reading some self-prockaimed firearms expert blather about it is pretty funny.

... and you think that you are qualified to arm the whole populace?

Not me, I don't think you should be armed.

Tecumsehsbones

I'm qualified, but I can't afford it. Not even Canaduh's populace.

This may come as a bit of a shock to you but I think Canada is slightly more memorable than Justin Bourge.

But only because of Celine Dion.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+2

You do understand that we planted Celine Dion in the US as a ploy to get greater leverage in trade negotiations, right?

pgs
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

You should see my collection of clay,ore mines .

Curious Cdn
Conservative

Well, I don't think that you should be, either unless you are serving in our Armned Forces or in a police force and I suspect that you have "bone spurs" and will never do either. With a little luck, someone will take your guns away, some day and make this a better country.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation

That's a genius comment. How does Surrey compare to Seattle?

JLM
No Party Affiliation

You'd get full agreement from my wife on that.

Danbones
Free Thinker
+1
INSANE CRIMINALS WANT TO TAKE YOUR GUNS AWAY IN THE FACE OF ALL THE LIES THEY TELL YOU TO DO IT.

London murders overtake New York - stabbings surge

London (AFP) - A surge of stabbings in London was blamed Monday for the city overtaking New York's monthly murder tally for the first time in modern history.

Fifteen people were murdered in London during February, compared to 14 in New York, according to police figures.

The British capital also suffered 22 fatal stabbings and shootings in March, higher than the 21 in New York.

There have been 10 fatal stabbings in London in the last 19 days, following on from the 80 fatal stabbings recorded in the city last year.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/london-mu...170909810.html

SO: IF guns are illegal in Britain, the obvious question is: is where are these criminals getting their guns???
( I know at one gun amnesty in TORONTO the cops were busted selling those guns back out onto the street. )

I guess they will be coming for the butter knives next...and then the jail toothbrushes won't be far behind that either.

What the nazicommies really want though is they figure that if no one but them have all the money and guns, there won't be any crime amongst the peoples ( who will have nothing to steal), especially after they kill off all the intelligentsia for things like wearing glasses.

Well, I don't think that you should be, either unless you are serving in our Armned Forces or in a police force and I suspect that you have "bone spurs" and will never do either. With a little luck, someone will take your guns away, some day and make this a better country.

DON'T LISTEN TO HIM TALK!!!!!
Here is the actual REALITY ( PICS or it didn't happen) of what occurs once they get your guns:

(The killing fields of Cambodia...after ALL the guns were taken away.)

NOW, THAT'S A BETTER COUNTRY!!!
Say...what happened to all the gold teeth?
Last edited by Danbones; Apr 3rd, 2018 at 05:01 AM..