Multiple dead after shooting at Quebec City mosque


petros
+1
#91
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

hey stupid, how many of the 50 or so Muslim countries have been put on-hold again?

you idiot. Lol

Getting the Christian Arabs out but leaving the Arab Muzzies to the demise they created is racist.

Go figure.

Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

Soldier of Fortune ads might scare the bejeepers out of him....

Or the Canadian Tire catalogue.
 
mentalfloss
#92
Soldier of Fortune was an awesome videogame back in the day.


Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

Its mentalfloss he says its no big deal when a muslim runs down a market full of people but when a mosque of them get shot by people of Islam hes up on the soap box screaming bloody murder...

Nonsense.

In both cases we should focus on the victims.

The culprits don't matter and that's why it's pointless (and incredibly stupid) to worry about terrorism.
 
petros
+1
#93
There are no victims when you don't believe terrorism is a threat.
 
mentalfloss
#94
That was a phrase where sense = 0.
 
Hoof Hearted
+1
#95
At this point, although it's early...I'd be zooming my lens more on Quebec's culture of xenophobia rather than Trump.
 
petros
#96
So now terrorism is a threat?
 
Johnnny
+3
#97
You said you are fine with what happened in Germany because that didnt happen enough.

We have one mosque shooting here done by other muslims and your not fine.

You only care about victims if theyre muslim.


Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Nonsense.

In both cases we should focus on the victims.


Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

So what a nonwhite guy gets shot by the cops in Canada and your in an uproar. But a truck drives through a market full of people and you tell people its not a big deal.

And im the one who is ****ed?

Cute

Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

No, I'm fine with both if they happen sparingly enough.

We all know cop violence is a huge problem in the states but terrorism there, not so much.

 
Jinentonix
+1
#98
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

Werent you the guy who said that the terrorist driving a truck through a crowded market wasnt a big deal and down played that incident because it doesnt happen at a reasonable frequency?

The hypocritical piece of sh*t actually laughed about it.
 
EagleSmack
+1
#99
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

The hypocritical piece of sh*t actually laughed about it.

Yes he did.
 
mentalfloss
#100
Uh-huh.

Keep up the phony arguments guys.

It's not going to stop you from being complicit in the harm here.
 
Colpy
#101
They are now reporting that one of the men in custody is a witness.....not a suspect.

The witness, if this is so, is probably Mr. El Kadir. Just my guess.

This could change everything.
 
Hoof Hearted
#102
I just thought of something...

If The President of the United States hated cows, then should everyone who works in a slaughterhouse be arrested?

Somebody help me here. I like to think I've just made a valid point, but to be honest, I can't even figure out what I just said!
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
+7
#103  Top Rated Post
This is a tragedy. No Canadian should be murdered in their place of worship or anywhere else for that matter. My condolences to the victims families.
 
mentalfloss
+1
#104
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

They are now reporting that one of the men in custody is a witness.....not a suspect.

The witness, if this is so, is probably Mr. El Kadir. Just my guess.

This could change everything.


The victims were muslim so it's already changed your scripted response.
 
Johnnny
+2
#105
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Uh-huh.

Keep up the phony arguments guys.

It's not going to stop you from being complicit in the harm here.

You saying that your own words a phoney?
 
mentalfloss
#106
Are you saying they actually contradict my existing sentiment?
 
EagleSmack
+2
#107
Suddenly Flossy is concerned with terrorist victims and not laughing about it.
 
Johnnny
#108
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Are you saying they actually contradict my existing sentiment?

Kinda sorta
 
Colpy
+1
#109
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Uh-huh.

Keep up the phony arguments guys.

It's not going to stop you from being complicit in the harm here.

"complicit"??

I guess you don't know what that means.

Here let me help. From Merriam-Webster

Definition of complicit


  1. : helping to commit a crime or do wrong in some way <He was complicit in the cover-up.>
 
mentalfloss
#110
Yes, I know that's what it means.



Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Suddenly Flossy is concerned with terrorist victims and not laughing about it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

Kinda sorta

Well you're both dumb, what can I say?
 
Hoof Hearted
#111
mentalfloss-

Go for a walk. Make yourself some tea...take a bath...and put on some Dan Fogelberg. Always works for me...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrDcZA08_Ek
 
Colpy
+2
#112
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

The victims were muslim so it's already changed your scripted response.

Did someone hit you in the head with a brick?

Definition of script


  1. 1 a : something written : text b : an original or principal instrument or documentc (1) : manuscript 1 (2) : the written text of a stage play, screenplay, or broadcast; specifically : the one used in production or performance
  2. 2 a : a style of printed letters that resembles handwritingb : written characters : handwriting c : alphabet
  3. 3 : a plan of action
Perhaps you need to take some time off, and learn to speak the English language.
 
JLM
+1
#113
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

This is a tragedy. No Canadian should be murdered in their place of worship or anywhere else for that matter. My condolences to the victims families.


I think you've touched on the crux of the matter. Colour, race or creed should never have been mentioned in the incident, neither of those factors make the incident any more or less poignant!
(At the very least until ALL the other facts are known)
 
davesmom
#114
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Why does the incident have to be racially or religiously based? People get shot every day for ripping off their drug dealer!


Shootings by druggies are not terrorism. They are just murder.
Terrorism is when people are attacked for their lifestyle, ideology or race.
 
mentalfloss
#115
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Did someone hit you in the head with a brick?

Definition of script


  1. 1 a : something written : text b : an original or principal instrument or documentc (1) : manuscript 1 (2) : the written text of a stage play, screenplay, or broadcast; specifically : the one used in production or performance
  2. 2 a : a style of printed letters that resembles handwritingb : written characters : handwriting c : alphabet
  3. 3 : a plan of action
Perhaps you need to take some time off, and learn to speak the English language.


Was this what you were like just before she left?

Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I think you've touched on the crux of the matter. Colour, race or creed should never have been mentioned in the incident, neither of those factors make the incident any more or less poignant!
(At the very least until ALL the other facts are known)

And then all of a sudden, there was profound illumination.


See you all at the impeachment, folks.
 
Jinentonix
+2
#116
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Uh-huh.

Keep up the phony arguments guys.

It's not going to stop you from being complicit in the harm here.

Oh please. Spare us your faux outrage. You f*cking LAUGHED about the Nice terror attack. You LAUGHED!

And if you think Islamic terrorism isn't really a big problem in the West, I DARE you to Google "terrorism in Malmo, Sweden". That is IF you want your silly beliefs not only challenged, but shot down in flames. If you're only interested in confirmation bias however, then don't bother. You'll be grossly disappointed that the facts don't conform to your false reality.
 
EagleSmack
#117
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post


Well you're both dumb, what can I say?

What's the matter Flossy... are you upset because you are regretful of your past comments?

Insults will not save you.
 
Johnnny
#118
Hehehehe
 
mentalfloss
#119
Quote: Originally Posted by davesmom View Post

Shootings by druggies are not terrorism. They are just murder.
Terrorism is when people are attacked for their lifestyle, ideology or race.

It's actually more about how it affects everyone else.
 
EagleSmack
#120
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Oh please. Spare us your faux outrage. You f*cking LAUGHED about the Nice terror attack. You LAUGHED!

Yes he did laugh.