Voters Overwhelmingly Prefer Clinton Over Trump

mentalfloss
Young Voters Overwhelmingly Prefer Clinton Over Trump — Poll

Young voters favor Hillary Clinton for president over Donald Trump by a landslide margin, a new poll of 18- to 29-year-olds finds, and their interest in any Republican for president has dropped significantly over the last year of campaigning.

The new youth poll by Harvard’s Institute of Politics found that when likely voters under 30 were asked about a general election match-up between the two parties’ front-runners, 61% said they would vote for Mrs. Clinton, 25% said Mr. Trump, and 14% were not sure.

The findings underscore how important young voters are to Mrs. Clinton’s coalition, as she tries to maintain the surge of millennial-generation support that propelled President Barack Obama’s election and re-election. It also points to growing trouble Republicans face in wooing millennial voters, who are for the first time in 2016 matching Baby Boomers as a share of the electorate.

Republicans’ disadvantage among young voters is growing.The poll found that 61% of 18- to 29-year-olds said they preferred a Democrat win the 2016 presidential election, 33% preferred a Republican. That 28-point spread is twice as wide as when the Harvard institute polled young people in spring 2015, when the split was 55% for a Democrat and 40% were for a Republican.

Democrats continue to have a large and growing advantage among Hispanic and black young voters, with a 55-point and 78-point edge over Republicans, respectively. But Republicans have even lost their past advantage among white youth, which favored the GOP by a 12-point margin a year ago. Now, whites under 30 are about equally split, with Democrats holding a two point edge.

Young Voters Overwhelmingly Prefer Clinton Over Trump — Poll - Washington Wire - WSJ

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
You omitted putting the word Yong in your thread title. I am sure it was an oversight.

tay
May 21, 210

Sanders Strongest Candidate to Beat Trump

https://berniesanders.com/wp-content...-vs.-Trump.pdf

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by tay View Post

May 21, 210

Sanders negates Trump's 'strength' of being perceived as outside the establishment as Bernie is also outside.

mentalfloss
+1

May 21, 210

Before he loses to Clinton.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
SO the entitlement crowd is in favor of maintaining their entitlements. No surprise there. Just wait until they have to find a real job to pay the high taxes necessary to cover their entitlements.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Before he loses to Clinton.

I would be surprised if 1/2 of Sanders supporters will actually vote for Hillary in the fall. Recent poll in WV said 1/3 of them would vote for Trump. So not only is Hillary going to lose a good chunk of her support, some of them will even be a gain by Trump.

As I have said before, Sanders will beat Trump. Hillary won't.

mentalfloss
More of them would go to Clinton.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Yes but she would need ALL of them to beat Trump.

Ludlow
No Party Affiliation
depends on where you live. From my vantage point, Trump has the edge

tay

You not heard of Bernie or Bust?

Most of Bernie's supporters will not vote for either which means Trump wins. There is just to much dirt on Hillary and I'm thinking dirt on Trump is 5% of what Hillary has accumulated.

If Trump can't beat Hillary with her history then there is no hope for America........

https://twitter.com/DavidShuster/sta...85018617929728

Many Sanders supporters were not, and never would be, Clinton supporters. Sanders draws support from a wide range of political backers. Many Sanders supporters are Independents, but are independent on the very liberal side and feel that neither party represents them.

If Bernie Sanders loses, his backers may not be there for Hillary Clinton in November - LA Times

Ludlow
No Party Affiliation
Polls don't mean anything.

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

Political Polls ‏@PpollingNumbers

For the FIRST TIME in the Real Clear Politics average: Trump is leading Clinton nationally

Brian Stelter Verified account ‏@brianstelter

Four of the latest Trump-Clinton head-to-head polls...

oops

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+2 / -1
And if the elections were not rigged, Bernie would beat the both of them.

DaSleeper
+1

IdRatherBeSkiing
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

I think he is right about the Democratic primaries. Plenty of evidence of rigging there.

Walter
D'oh!
RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

D'oh!
RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton

More right wing piffle from our very own right wing nut.

tay
+1
Daily Show Jon ‏@DailyShowJon 20h20 hours ago

Let me get this straight.

Trump can beat Hillary, but he can't beat Bernie?

So by voting for Hillary...you're basically voting for Trump?

mentalfloss
Bernie supporters would give Clinton the edge if she won the primary.

IdRatherBeSkiing

I don't believe that for a minute. Every Bernie supporter I know would not support Clinton if she became the nominee. Every one I have seen interviewed say the same thing. I am being generous at guessing 50% would come over. It probably won't be that high but even so, 50% won't be enough to have her beat Trump.

And just to be clear, not that it matters, but Bernie is my choice to be president if I could vote.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation

Only of Gary Johnson would add to his platform, that he will de-criminalize marijuana nationwide.. then the polls would flip and Trump would be at the bottom.

Gary needs to pull a Trudeau.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

I don't believe that for a minute. Every Bernie supporter I know would not support Clinton if she became the nominee. Every one I have seen interviewed say the same thing. I am being generous at guessing 50% would come over. It probably won't be that high but even so, 50% won't be enough to have her beat Trump.

And just to be clear, not that it matters, but Bernie is my choice to be president if I could vote.

The Democrat Party has stolen the election for Clinton and Sander's supporters are not too happy. The Dems are doing everything in their power to squash dissent in their party and so far it is not working.

darkbeaver
Republican
+2
Do American elections have much to do with democracy?

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Only of Gary Johnson would add to his platform, that he will de-criminalize marijuana nationwide.. then the polls would flip and Trump would be at the bottom.

Gary needs to pull a Trudeau.

You think he would pull voters from Trump and not Clinton IF that was even an issue in play?

Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Do American elections have much to do with democracy?

kinda

taxslave
Free Thinker
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

The Democrat Party has stolen the election for Clinton and Sander's supporters are not too happy. The Dems are doing everything in their power to squash dissent in their party and so far it is not working.

When the party faithful don't do as told by the elite how do they expect the general population to follow orders.

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

When the party faithful don't do as told by the elite how do they expect the general population to follow orders.

And all of a sudden... the Democrats are for voter suppression and voter disenfranchisement!

Bernie Sanders supporters sue to have California's voter registration extended until election day - LA Times

darkbeaver
Republican
Dosn't sound very democratic to me. They sure ain,t in Kansas anymore eh. Someone has eaten Toto and Dorothy is doin tricks out of a strip club in Smallville.

tay

Many Sanders supporters were not, and never would be, Clinton supporters. Sanders draws support from a wide range of political backers. Many Sanders supporters are Independents, but are independent on the very liberal side and feel that neither party represents them.

EagleSmack
+1

And the Democrats had an answer to that in quite a number of their primaries... shut out the independents, fix the super delegates.