House Building for New Home Owners
Before setting the blueprint, read the following for a way of building green in a way that still satisfy the community.
Shape and Style
The best shape is a semi-sphere or dome-like as it conserve heat and use less material. Semi-sphere / arch like is also very stable. With that shape, it is likely to build buildings taller than ever. In the summer, the best shapes are cyclinders.
A wire outline. Grow trees and vines. The vines and trees should grow on the outline to make wall and insulation. Remember to trim places for windows and doors.
Flat surfaces/woods with not enough spaces to for jungle house:
A dome-shaped camp of the city instruction.
Winter in extreme cold environments:
Igloos and Ice hotels.
Caves or stone slabs / mud and bricks.
Floating water vehicle houses by special docks that let the tip of the boat be hold.
You can design your own shape as long as they have a repetition of triangle structure. To get the exact effectiveness of the shapes, please just sub into the rough formulas of shapes. You can get those in Dr.Math's fourm.
Use the energy beside the location as in solar for sunny areas, and wind for windy areas. Also use all the spaces. Some empty grid may be used as places for garden while a steppe's side may be like a sloping sidewalk with interesting plants or decorations. Recommend plants.
Walls and Pipes
1. use metal wires to contruct an outline of the house
2. Attach the nessisary pipes / electric systems by mounting to the metal wires
3. Use rammed earth of different types to fill around uneven elevation so that the area with the rammed earth and pipe is like a flat plane.
4. Once the plane surface of the wall is reached, use another renewable resource such as straw and steel for insulation.
5. In the inside, paint a layer of gypsum or plaster follow by a concrete layer and the interior design; your style!
6. On the outside, fill with half the width of the original bricks. Now, the house walls are completed.
Remember to leave slot rooms for floors!
Outer walls are best in earth, and mud related products such as bricks.
From the bottom to the top suggested floors:
concrete, sound absorb board (optional), connection, stainless steel, and the floor covering of your choice.
Let floors be build in the slot rooms and strengthen the layer with steel wiring and rammed earth before.
From the bottom to the top suggested foundation:
concrete, oil in a vacuum (for in case concrete do not block flood water), sound absorbing board (optional), metal, wood board, and floor covering of your choice.
Condomns/ Flat roofs
*try to get green roofs (the garden type) and better efficiency.
*Terra cotta or related brick, and mud related materials that are very durable, common, and water proof
Windows is better double glazed with sliding doors, although other styles are great too. Triple glaze may take the light away from its proper uses. Large Building: colour changing glass. When glass changes black, use that glass to power electricity for the company. Windows without glaze is okay. It just need to be efficient in sealing and opening. Most 2-panel sliding windows are the best deal.
Replace the use of foam with solid materials such as wood and combination of metals.
Just put on whatever that is closer to earth and cheap.
Always let air breathe through the attick or excess water will create moulds and other types.
Fill all leaks.
Interlocking stones is perferred.
1. Draw blueprint and gathered all needed and calculated materials. Gather extra workers and the money to build your house.
2. Build the rough outline by wires, follow by pipes, water systems, and electric systems.
3. Set the basic foundations.
4. Build the outer walls. Do not build one side of the wall. For example, if you build a rectangle house, build the three walls instead of four.
5. Bulid the highest roof.
6. Build the floors from the top to the bottom.
7. Build the celings.
I suggest a layer of solid concrete or a layer of brick walls plus some environment friendly paint.
8. Build the inner walls.
9. Build the outer missing walls.
10. Build the doors and windows.
have many other infos on roofs and energy saving tips.
Last edited by typingrandomstuff; Dec 2nd, 2007 at 03:03 PM..Reason: Buidling error!