#HeterosexualPrideDay ridiculed on social media

B00Mer
#HeterosexualPrideDay ridiculed on social media

What appears to be a tongue-in-cheek social media movement to mark June 29 as a day to celebrate heterosexual pride has become one of the day’s top online trends.

Hundreds of thousands of tweets have been sent Wednesday with the hashtag HeterosexualPrideDay.

The idea of such a day has outraged many. One of the top responses comes from British comedian Dapper Laughs, who rhetorically asked on Twitter , “What’s next, #BreathingAirDay?”

Others have flooded the hashtag with gay pride memes and other mentions of support.

#HeterosexualPrideDay ridiculed on social media - National | Globalnews.ca

taxslave
+2
Didn't you know you are supposed to be ashamed for being normal.

lone wolf
...or hetero means you don't have to force acceptance on anyone. You're queer? I don't care. It doesn't float my boat. Not my problem. Force it on me and the problem will grow to much bigger proportions.

Frankiedoodle
I would be very pleased if there was a hetero-sexual Pride Day. I would be on the sidewalk cheering them on. As a matter of fact we have a hilarious song about the subject.

lone wolf
+2
There are 365¼ of them every year. All you have to do is visit the nursery at your local hospital. Hetero can make 'em....

eh1eh
+3
#6  Top Rated Post
Everybody is more special than everyone else. Especially if you are white.
Different people just want to oppress the people who have oppressed them, you know, for revenge. The premise of equality is just a ruse with them. They want to be special.

spaminator
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

#HeterosexualPrideDay

#straightprideday

B00Mer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

#straightprideday

Heterosexual is straight.. Just say'in.

damngrumpy
+2 / -1
Surely to God we have more things to get bent out of shape about
the other movement has a rainbow cool great with me we the other
group appear to have a crying baby cool I like that too
We rise to action mobilize at the barricades because of hetro day
meanwhile all genders know of people who are starving and going
to bed in a doorway. Maybe if we all spent more time together making
things better the social condition of the world would change instead
we engage in petty crap that in another generation won't even be on
the social and economic radar of things to scream about we all look
silly don't we

spaminator

Heterosexual is straight.. Just say'in.

yeah I know.

spaminator
+2

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

Call me crazy, but how do you know.. have you had a same sex experience to compare it too?

Maybe Gay sex is better.. after all, a partner of the same sex KNOWS what you like, don't they??

B00Mer

Call me crazy, but how do you know.. have you had a same sex experience to compare it too?

Maybe Gay sex is better.. after all, a partner of the same sex KNOWS what you like, don't they??

oops, WalTard gave me a neg. I guess I made him a little Bi-curious.

HarperCons
+2 / -4
why shouldn't it be ridiculed? It's fcking stupid and an obvious attempt at trying to insult gay pride. as if heterosexuals suffer from oppression or something. what a bunch of goofy morons.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by HarperCons View Post

why shouldn't it be ridiculed? It's fcking stupid and an obvious attempt at trying to insult gay pride. as if heterosexuals suffer from oppression or something. what a bunch of goofy morons.

Same argument used that if African Americans can have Black Entertainment TV, Ms. Black America Pageant or a Black only College, why can't we have WHITE.

The fact that the "Whites" oppressed the Blacks for 200 years in America is somehow forgotten.

Oh and we do have BET, it's called CMT or GAC.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBP8d4DG1G0

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1
I've never been proud of my heterosexuality, it has brought me nothing but pain. I have no fashion sense. I find Liza Minnelli and her Mom's singing repugnant. I cringe when I see a super soaker. I liked Elton's music better when I knew he was gay just like everyone else, but played along with his straighteness act. I'm pretty sure Gays have way more sex than me.

Blackleaf
You're not allowed to show your pride at being heterosexual or white or a male or a Christian. Haven't these people figured that out yet?

Using that logic, how do nufters know that being a nufter is so great? Have they had an opposite sex experience to compare it to?

Remington1
+1
Settle down there cowboys/ cowgirls, fearing gays is necessary. The large majority of men will always prefer woman, and the large majority of women will always prefer men. The LGBT community lives peacefully, usually they have a small area in every city where they have their favourite shops, restaurants, bars, etc.. They don't hurt anybody, and everybody is welcome to join them. Leave them alone. Straight women absolutely adore gay men, they are their true BFF, so boyfriends/husbands who don't like certain things, should be happy they have someone to take occupy their spot, like going to the opera, shopping/shopping/shopping, antiquing, 4 hrs getting the perfect nails, going to see KinKy Boots 3 times, etc..

lone wolf
The Community should take a look at Ontario's boss and ask if this *ahem* person is doing the Cause any favours - because it's doing none for people.

Gotta have pride in something....

Corduroy
If you understood the purpose of pride, you would understand why straight pride is unnecessary.

petros
The old version of Pride or today's family oriented, commercialized Pride?

lone wolf
The version lions hang in...

tay
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Remington1 View Post

Settle down there cowboys/ cowgirls, fearing gays is necessary. The large majority of men will always prefer woman, and the large majority of women will always prefer men. The LGBT community lives peacefully, usually they have a small area in every city where they have their favourite shops, restaurants, bars, etc.. They don't hurt anybody, and everybody is welcome to join them. Leave them alone. Straight women absolutely adore gay men, they are their true BFF, so boyfriends/husbands who don't like certain things, should be happy they have someone to take occupy their spot, like going to the opera, shopping/shopping/shopping, antiquing, 4 hrs getting the perfect nails, going to see KinKy Boots 3 times, etc..

Or Abba, the musical........

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Using that logic, how do nufters know that being a nufter is so great? Have they had an opposite sex experience to compare it to?

Aargh, but who know what a guy likes during sex more than another guy, and who knows what a girl likes during sex, more than another girl

Maybe why when a man and woman have sex it's so one sided.?? At least one of you had an organism.

Just Say'in :lol;

Or one can just be Asexual and not have all the hang ups that everyone else deals with.

Tecumsehsbones
+2

Maybe why when a man and woman have sex it's so one sided.?? At least one of you had an organism.

I dated a woman who had an organism once. She gave it to me, too. Took a combination of penicillin, gunpowder, and Agent Orange to get rid of it.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

I dated a woman who had an organism once. She gave it to me, too. Took a combination of penicillin, gunpowder, and Agent Orange to get rid of it.

All you needed was Windex

Johnnny

Or one can just be Asexual and not have all the hang ups that everyone else deals with.

I know a few aces and they have it rough. Sex is an important component in attraction and relationships and their lack of wanting sex actually is a hindrance that makes courting much more difficult.

lone wolf
Meh ... you get used to walking the dog

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

You know I really need to read my post before I hit send, particularly on this fukking iPhone..

However, maybe I shouldn't - the autocorrect makes for a good laugh at times.. even I admit that.

Needless to say, a majority of my posts are made while taking a sh*t.. like now

Frankiedoodle
Make sure that you never drive "straight ahead" instead "gaily forward"