Canada ranked ninth least corrupt country in the world

Canada ranked ninth least corrupt country in the world - The Globe and Mail

lol, Liberals.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Canada ranked ninth least corrupt country in the world

Canada ranked ninth least corrupt country in the world - The Globe and Mail

lol, Liberals.

We're quickly becoming a paragon of morality!

Blackleaf
Britain is tenth.

I'm rather proud of the fact that political corruption in Britain usually consists of nothing more than MPs spending taxpayers' money on buying floating duck houses for their garden ponds.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Britain is tenth.

I'm rather proud of the fact that political corruption in Britain usually consists of nothing more than MPs spending taxpayers' money on buying floating duck houses for their garden ponds.

Corrupt f**king bunch!

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Corrupt f**king bunch!

I know. The MPs' expenses scandal back in 2009 showed just how MPs were using their taxpayer-funded allowances to buy things like floating duck ponds and chocolate bars. It was the then Tory MP for Gosport, Sir Peter Viggers, who bought the floating duck house for his garden pond out of his allowances. He ended up stepping down over it.

It was a big scandal that year, but when you compare it to the rampant political corruption that's rife in other countries it just seems relatively minor.

Ludlow
+1
You pricks are as rotten as anyone you just ain't been caught. .

Sons of Liberty
+2
Considering corruption is supposed to operate in the shadows, where do they get their data?

Ludlow
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Sons of Liberty View Post

Considering corruption is supposed to operate in the shadows, where do they get their data?

Rush Limbaugh?

Kreskin
+2
Scandinavians are scamming everyone with their goodie-two shoes charade. It's all a massive conspiracy.

MHz

I know. The MPs' expenses scandal back in 2009 showed just how MPs were using their taxpayer-funded allowances to buy things like floating duck ponds and chocolate bars. It was the then Tory MP for Gosport, Sir Peter Viggers, who bought the floating duck house for his garden pond out of his allowances. He ended up stepping down over it.

It was a big scandal that year, but when you compare it to the rampant political corruption that's rife in other countries it just seems relatively minor.

How much for the rest of the property? Me thinks that would be the corruption goodies and the duck house his what is income should have gotten him as living accomidations.

SLM
+3

They are really, really good guessers.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Scandinavians are scamming everyone with their goodie-two shoes charade. It's all a massive conspiracy.

Swedish fu*cking meatballs!

Curious Cdn
You know that we had to pay to get such a high rating on that list?

MHz
Something tells me we used to be higher in the rating as nobody is claiming we are improving as a society, go figure.

eh1eh
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

You know that we had to pay to get such a high rating on that list?

I can only imagine. Apparently the rating is done by the International Olympic Committee. Ba Bum Tssss.

Curious Cdn
Either that or FIFI.

Ludlow
+1
Does this mean that Canadians masterbate less than those who are higher on the list or do they just hide when they do it. ?

taxslave
+1

I'll never tell..

Notice that the least corrupt countries are only the size of a medium province or smaller?

Bar Sinister
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

I'll never tell..

Notice that the least corrupt countries are only the size of a medium province or smaller?

Not too surprising. In general the larger the government the more corruption. It is almost automatic for example that the USA will be more corrupt than Canada as it is much larger nation in terms of population with a larger government. Not only that, the US has 50 states governments compared to Canada's 10 provincial governments, which increases the possibility of corruption.

There are other variables, of course, such as the level of democracy (or lack of it) in a country; its level of education; and its traditions of democracy.

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

I wouldn't worry. With the influx of Muslims coming moving into Denmark and Sweden, those two countries won't be topping lists of least corrupt countries and countries with the highest quality of life for much longer.

Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

Not too surprising. In general the larger the government the more corruption. It is almost automatic for example that the USA will be more corrupt than Canada as it is much larger nation in terms of population with a larger government. Not only that, the US has 50 states governments compared to Canada's 10 provincial governments, which increases the possibility of corruption.

There are other variables, of course, such as the level of democracy (or lack of it) in a country; its level of education; and its traditions of democracy.

I don't believe that. Britain's government is larger than America's (650 MPs compared to 434 Representatives and a whopping 820 Lords compared to just 100 Senators) - Britain's parliament is the only bicameral parliament in the world whose upper house is larger than its lower house - yet Britain is the tenth-least corrupt country in the world and America the sixteenth-least corrupt.
Last edited by Blackleaf; Jan 28th, 2016 at 11:07 AM..

JLM

I wouldn't worry. With the influx of Muslims coming moving into Denmark and Sweden, those two countries won't be topping lists of least corrupt countries and countries with the highest quality of life for much longer.

Likely still be light years ahead of Old Blighty!

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Likely still be light years ahead of Old Blighty!

We'll see. I'd much rather live in Britain than in any Scandinavian country, put it that way, as would most people.

Bar Sinister

I don't believe that. Britain's government is larger than America's (650 MPs compared to 434 Representatives and a whopping 820 Lords compared to just 100 Senators) - Britain's parliament is the only bicameral parliament in the world whose upper house is larger than its lower house - yet Britain is the tenth-least corrupt country in the world and America the sixteenth-least corrupt.

Then start believing. The UK has only one major government with local assemblies in Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland. The US has fifty-one different governments. Add up all the members of the various state governments and Britain's government is quite low by comparison. In addition, the US elects numerous local officials that are not elected in most countries, such as district attorneys, sheriffs and judges. Every elected official represents someone who can be bribed and given the huge amount of cash common in US elections there is bound to be a certain level of corruption. .