Four fatally shot in apparent murder-suicide at St. Louis business

Locutus
(CNN) -- A shooting at a St. Louis business Thursday that left four people dead appears to be a murder-suicide, a police official said.

After a review of evidence, including a surveillance video, officers determined there was an argument in the office of a home health-care business, Capt. Michael Sack told reporters.

The shootings occurred at the Cherokee Place Business Incubator, CNN affiliate KTVI reported.

Two women and two men died, police said. Sack described them as being in their early 40s to mid-50s.
The weapon believed to be used in the shootings was recovered.

Police: Four fatally shot in St. Louis business - CNN.com

karrie
+1
#2  Top Rated Post
Your avatar plays horribly with this post. Just sayin'.

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

Your avatar plays horribly with this post. Just sayin'.

And he's a lefty!

Cliffy
+1
I just checked in to see if the pro and anti gun nuts had showed up yet.

Christianna
Again? When will Americans get sick and tired of just any nut being able to get a gun? That's not anti gun, it is simply frustration that the US seems to have no controls at all over guns! Damn near every day we hear of a shooting , it is just a difference in the number of people who die. Are human beings that expendable?

Sal
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Christianna View Post

Again? When will Americans get sick and tired of just any nut being able to get a gun? That's not anti gun, it is simply frustration that the US seems to have no controls at all over guns! Damn near every day we hear of a shooting , it is just a difference in the number of people who die. Are human beings that expendable?

I'm starting to think of it as Darwinism

B00Mer
This is just sad, sad for the families and the 3 victims..

L Gilbert
Oh, good. More shooting news. Yawn.

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by L Gilbert View Post

That's the sad part too eh. We can become ambivalent towards this stuff.

Sal
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

I am ambivalent...they want their guns, have at it...Darwinism, it's a b itch ain't it. The more it happens the less sympathy I have. If children are involved that's different otherwise oh well. That's the point I am reaching don't like it but oh well.

karrie
+1

That's inevitable.

The global nature of 24 hour news is necessarily hardening us.

People shoot people all the time. They stab them, rape them, shoot them, run them over. It's a fact of human nature, and not newsworthy on a global scale every time it happens. Because if we make the tragic death of every global citizen news, we will stop functioning.

So yeah, 4 people dead? Standing against the mass death we've seen recently? It makes people shrug and say 'oh well' unless it actually has a personal impact on them.

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

That's inevitable.

The global nature of 24 hour news is necessarily hardening us.

People shoot people all the time. They stab them, rape them, shoot them, run them over. It's a fact of human nature, and not newsworthy on a global scale every time it happens. Because if we make the tragic death of every global citizen news, we will stop functioning.

So yeah, 4 people dead? Standing against the mass death we've seen recently? It makes people shrug and say 'oh well' unless it actually has a personal impact on them.

your post is right on except I would add...they are adults wanting to play with guns... oh well.

L Gilbert
+1

Well, I was being a bit sarcastic, but it does lose it's "flavor" after hearing about it every day. Sorta like hearing about car crashes.

Locutus
+1

Well, I was being a bit sarcastic, but it does lose it's "flavor" after hearing about it every day. Sorta like hearing about car crashes.

Same as whenever the (today's) number 2 Al Qaeda gets droned with extreme prejudice. Plane crashes, acid-throwing incidents, Russian car wrecks and such. Bfd. I rarely give half a damn.

Animal cruelty still gets my goat tho'.

L Gilbert
+1

Animal cruelty still gets my goat tho'.

Can add kid abuse to that, IMO.