Hunter faces backlash for bagging albino deer


Locutus
#1
are hundreds of white deer are going to riot in the bush now...at least he didn't shoot or choke the damn thing...oh I dunno anymore...time to move on to Christmas anyway kids.




Jerry Kinnaman was up early, hunting in southeast Missouri, when he saw it. It had been a chilly night — the ground was crunchy — but on Tuesday morning, Kinnaman spotted the albino buck about 85 yards in the distance.

Kinnaman bagged the buck — which was called “arguably Cape Girardeau’s most notorious deer” by the Southeast Missourian. It was a legal kill, but a controversial one.

“This is a buck of a lifetime,” he told the newspaper.

“Not my biggest buck but at 7 1/2 years old he might be the oldest,” Kinnaman wrote on Facebook.

“Let the bashing begin!”

And it did. Kinnaman said in an interview with The Post on Thursday that it has gotten so bad, he’s received death threats over the deer.

“People are all tough on the computer,” he said, “but it’s easy for them to say that because they know they’re not going to get in trouble for it.”

The deer was something of a celebrity in Cape Girardeau. Kinnaman said that some locals felt a connection with it and would notice the animal on drives through the Southeast Missouri city.

“I was the same way as anybody else about this deer, so I understand the relationship some of these people have,” he said.

Here’s the thing, though: The deer wasn’t doing well, Kinnaman said. He said there was “not an ounce of fat on him,” and Kinnaman’s taxidermist noted that the deer’s teeth were in poor condition. The animal would have died this year, Kinnaman said, whether he harvested him or not.

“They never even thought about how hard it would be for this deer to survive once he got to a certain age,” he said.

For what it’s worth, Kinnaman contacted a local conservation department office and was told he hadn’t broken any regulations. After his taxidermist is finished, Kinnaman said he might donate the mount to a local nature center, so Cape residents can continue to enjoy the deer.

“There’s a lot of rumors I shot this deer for a reward,” he said. “I’m like ‘no.’”

The kill — and subsequent backlash — follows a similar incident in Michigan, in which an 11-year-old bagged an albino buck. Gavin Dingman was crossbow hunting with his father, Mick Dingman, when he shot the deer this October.

“I’ve had people tell me, ‘You should have taken the shot. You don’t let an 11-year-old take a shot at a deer like that,’ ” Mick Dingman told the Daily Press & Argus. “To me, in my opinion, it doesn’t matter if it’s a spike or a doe or a trophy deer. If you have confidence in them, it shouldn’t matter what they are shooting at.”


Hunter faces backlash after bagging rare albino deer
 
petros
+1
#2
A nice clean shot. He should be proud.
 
spaminator
+4
#3  Top Rated Post
could you imagine what would have happend had he killed a black deer?
 
petros
+1
#4
It was an albino black deer.
 
Praxius
#5
Backlash for bagging an albino buck then taking it to his basement to bang it the back door brutally with a belly full of Budweiser beer, then bobbing for broccoli.
 
Blackleaf
#6
What did he shoot it for?
 
Locutus
+1
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

What did he shoot it for?

you just ended what could have been a perfectly good sentence, with a preposition sir. shame on you.
 
Blackleaf
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

you just ended what could have been a perfectly good sentence, with a preposition sir. shame on you.


And you've just started a sentence without a capital letter.
 
Locutus
+1
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

And you've just started a sentence without a capital letter.

can't be fukkin' bothered half the time.
 
Blackleaf
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

can't be fukkin' bothered half the time.


It's just laziness.
 
petros
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

What did he shoot it for?

Meat.

Good thing he didn't shoot an albino sandhill crane. Whoopie!!!
 
Blackleaf
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Meat.

No. He did it for fun.
 
petros
+3
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

No. He did it for fun.

You know this how???

You are a PETAphile aren't you? A leftard, moonbat, animal hugging, Nancy boy.
Last edited by petros; Dec 6th, 2014 at 06:51 AM..
 
Blackleaf
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

You know this how???

Commonsense.

Quote:

You are a PETAphile aren't you? A leftard, moonbat, animal hugging, Nancy boy.

Nope. I just don't like the killing of animals for sport, unless they're vermin like foxes.
 
petros
+1
#15
They are overpopulated crop eating vermin that fed overpopulated coyotes.
 
Locutus
+2
#16
I wouldn't trade my life for diamonds or jewels,
I never was one of them money hungry fools.
I'd rather have my fiddle and my farming tools, thank God I'm a country boy.
Yeah, city folk driving in a black limousine,
a lotta sad people thinking that's-a mighty keen.
Son, let me tell you now exactly what I mean, thank God I'm a country boy.
Well, I got me a fine wife, I got me old fiddle.
When the sun's coming up, I got cakes on the griddle.
And life ain't nothing but a funny, funny riddle, thank God I'm a country boy.
 
Blackleaf
#17
I apologise. I should have said "What for did they shoot it?"
 
petros
#18
I need to learn the recipe for cakes. I like spice cake with caramel frosting. Cakes on a griddle makes as much sense as stir fried bubble gum and cabbage on toasted marble rye.
 
Sal
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

What did he shoot it for?


he had a gun in his hand, and limited mental capacity
 
petros
#20
Compound bow.
 
Sal
+2
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

What did he shoot it for?

Quote: Originally Posted by Sal View Post

he had a gun in his hand, and limited mental capacity

Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Compound bow.

thanks


because he had a compound bow in his hand and limited mental capacity
 
petros
+1
#22
He did the thing a favor. Poor thing couldn't hide from predators. It would have been ripped to shreds while still alive for a demise.
 
Sal
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

He did the thing a favor. Poor thing couldn't hide from predators. It would have been ripped the shreds while still alive for a demise.

as it turns out that is correct, which was inadvertent (so does not lessen the fact that he is an azzhole)

good things come out of bad actions all of the time

he killed it because it was bagging the trophy of a life time
 
petros
#24
They aren't that rare. They usually get taken out when just weeks old.
 
Sal
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

They aren't that rare. They usually get taken out when just weeks old.

so then their birth isn't rare, but it is rare that they live to adulthood?
 
petros
+1
#26
Man is part of nature. Hunting is natural. It died of natural causes. No big deal..

Quote: Originally Posted by Sal View Post

so then their birth isn't rare, but it is rare that they live to adulthood?

Yup. Sheltering an animal is more cruel than taking it out.
 
DaSleeper
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Man is part of nature. Hunting is natural. It died of natural causes. No big deal..



Yup. Sheltering an animal is more cruel than taking it out.

Never seen an animal in the wild die of old age.........
 
Sal
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Man is part of nature. Hunting is natural. It died of natural causes. No big deal..

I agree that some think it is no big deal, others think it is at least according to the reactions.

I was merely observing his need to have such a unique spirit as a trophy upon his wall thus he thinks it's a big deal and somehow believes it lends him some type of boost at least in his circle of friends and family.

Were I to enter his abode and set eyes upon it, being overwhelmed by his skill at taking down such a magnificent creature would not be something that would elevate him in my eyes. Would it diminish him, I don't know. Perhaps.
 
petros
+1
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by Sal View Post

I agree that some think it is no big deal, others think it is at least according to the reactions.

I was merely observing his need to have such a unique spirit as a trophy upon his wall thus he thinks it's a big deal and somehow believes it lends him some type of boost at least in his circle of friends and family.

Were I to enter his abode and set eyes upon it, being overwhelmed by his skill at taking down such a magnificent creature would not be something that would elevate him in my eyes. Would it diminish him, I don't know. Perhaps.

Nature isn't a zoo and man is not a zoo keeper for severally disadvantaged wild animals.. If you want to see a white deer go to the museum he is donating the mount to. Don't force it to live alone in tremendous fear. Because it stood out other deer avoided it at all costs. Are those deer being mean or do they see it as a threat to their safety?

It was a clean shot through the heart. It fell instantly and went into the light with the other white deer.
 
Sal
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Nature isn't a zoo and man is not a zoo keeper for severally disadvantaged wild animals.. If you want to see a white deer go to the museum he is donating the mount to. Don't force it to live alone in tremendous fear. Because it stood out other deer avoided it at all costs. Are those deer being mean or do they see it as a threat to their safety?

lol...in order to respond in such a manner you either did not read my reply, or have totally misunderstood what I wrote

for me, this is not reflective of the deer nor the aspect I examined...the psychology of buddy was my focal point, the rare albino deer was merely a stepping off point to illustrate his perspective and did so in a lovely manner