It's Official!! Jeb Bush Kicks Off 2016 White House Bid

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

What's your point, besides Rasmussen is a lying idiot? What we did to Libya and Gaddafi is criminal, just like Iraq. I said so at the time. It is a very large black mark on Canada that Harpo approved our bombing of Libya and the murder of Gaddafi.

Kadaffy was a problem way back in the 70s and is suspected of being a perpetrator in that plane bombing in Scotland killing 300 or 400. He was a complete, utter, total, chronic and habitual A$$hole.

talloola
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Kadaffy was a problem way back in the 70s and is suspected of being a perpetrator in that plane bombing in Scotland killing 300 or 400. He was a complete, utter, total, chronic and habitual A$$hole.

yes, I agree JLM, the history of kadaffy long before his demise, was horrible, he definitely had done many bad deeds,
including arranging the downing of the Scotland plane, to expect and receive his last
hit, and that was long overdue. he often appeared to be quite insane, and very arrogant.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by tay View Post

The Donald gets this one right.........

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump criticizes rival Jeb Bush’s over his comments praising of the killing of Iraqi President Saddam Hussein.

• “I’m not a fan of Hussein, but he ran the place, and he had no weapons of mass destruction,” Trump says in speech in Hampton, N.H.
  • “Now, instead of Saddam Hussein, we have far more brutal” situation with ISIS; predicts Iran will cause problems too
  • Trump touts his prior calls for U.S. to “take the oil” in Iraq; now Islamic State, Iran have the oil
    • “Everybody has it but us”
  • Trump says he’s extremely “militaristic,” but one must know when to act; notes that he was against Iraq War for long time
  • Says U.S. needs another General Douglas MacArthur
  • Reiterates concern for U.S. veterans
    • “They’ve been treated like third-class citizens and it’s going to stop”

• NOTE: Bush, speaking yday in Davenport, Iowa, defended some of his brother’s Iraq War decisions as president
    • “Taking out Saddam Hussein turned out to be a pretty good deal,” Bush said
Earlier: Jeb Bush Says His Brother’s Security ’Mission Was Accomplished’ in Iraq

I heard that Bush has dropped to 7th in popularity among the GOP candidates. Looks like his brilliance in defending his brother's war record isn't panning out for him.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

I heard that Bush has dropped to 7th in popularity among the GOP candidates. Looks like his brilliance in defending his brother's war record isn't panning out for him.

If he didn't get elected President it probably wouldn't be the end of the world- unless of course it was Hillary that beat him out of it.

gopher
No Party Affiliation

No one thinks Hussein was an angel. He was a serious azzhole, but he kept the peace in ME. His country was under control and he was no threat to the west. Taking him out was stupid. Now the ME is in total chaos, which is what the plan was in the first place. In spite of his brutality, the Iragi people were better off with him than without him.

so was the rest of the world

gopher
No Party Affiliation
"The Case of the Disappearing Dubya"

The Case Of The Disappearing Dubya

It goes into some fundamental differences between "them and us" and the gullibility of people, and effectiveness of repeated lies and distortions. Have at it!

"George W. Bush will not be giving speeches on behalf of his brother anytime soon. In fact, if the Republican establishment has its way, Dubya won't be anywhere near a camera for the 2016 election. (Who could forget his five-minute boilerplate video, shown in lieu of his attendance at the 2012 Republican National Convention?) His disappearance from the national spotlight is a strange phenomenon in contemporary American politics. Under normal circumstances, Bush would take his place along other ex-presidents as a national figurehead of some influence, especially with his brother as a presidential candidate. Yet, his deafening silence is indicative of not only his disastrous administration, but the GOP’s attempt to erase him from the country’s memory.

This upcoming election marks the latest great GOP purge of history. The disappearing Dubya isn't a coincidence. It's part of a larger trend of former Republican presidential candidates being faded to black by the party whose mascot, ironically, is the elephant, an animal known for memory and longevity. In contrast to this systematic erasure, the Democrats trots out its winners and losers every four years. We still hear from Jesse Jackson, Al Gore and Bill Clinton—and John Kerry, of course, is a key part of the Obama administration. It's presumed that when President Obama finishes his last day in office, he will also be a public figure working both internationally and within the party.

Compare that with the last few Republican presidents and candidates, and it seems like the parties are playing by different rules. Nobody has pulled a more thorough disappearing act than George W. Bush.

Unfortunately for the Republicans, Democrats and independents do have functioning memory cells. They can recall two disastrous wars, mismanagement of Hurricane Katrina, the war profiteering of Vice President Dick Cheney, rampant Wall Street deregulation, and huge tax cuts for the rich that helped the national debt to balloon out of control in tandem with defense spending. Unlike Reagan, there is no health reason for Dubya’s lack of public appearances. In fact, he is still around and healthy as a horse, perhaps due to all his vacation time as president. (Bush holds the title of all-time great presidential vacationer, clocking in at more than 400 days of R&R.)"

talloola
No Party Affiliation
well we, who wouldn't touch the republican party with a ten foot pole, do remember clearly what a failure
bush was as a president, but we don't have to take ownership of him, thankfully the republican party does,
and I'm sure they would sell the rights to any memory of him if an offer came along, hope they don't
hold their breath waiting.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

"The Case of the Disappearing Dubya"

The Case Of The Disappearing Dubya

It goes into some fundamental differences between "them and us" and the gullibility of people, and effectiveness of repeated lies and distortions. Have at it!

"George W. Bush will not be giving speeches on behalf of his brother anytime soon. In fact, if the Republican establishment has its way, Dubya won't be anywhere near a camera for the 2016 election. (Who could forget his five-minute boilerplate video, shown in lieu of his attendance at the 2012 Republican National Convention?)

Republican, Democrat, all same thing. They're politicians for crying out loud. (Don't get mad at me Walter)

talloola
No Party Affiliation
+1

Republican, Democrat, all same thing. They're politicians for crying out loud. (Don't get mad at me Walter)

I'm on a roll tonight, got a 'red' hatrick from walter, i'll sleep well.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

I got a fair dose of both green and reds from Walter today, I must be doing something right!

He might be in my corner when it comes to Dubya.

Ludlow
No Party Affiliation
<prefers jed clampett

pgs
Free Thinker

well we, who wouldn't touch the republican party with a ten foot pole, do remember clearly what a failure
bush was as a president, but we don't have to take ownership of him, thankfully the republican party does,
and I'm sure they would sell the rights to any memory of him if an offer came along, hope they don't
hold their breath waiting.

That's aok the democrat party has to take ownership of that crooked bag of bones called Miss Hillary .
Soon to be hauled before federal court .

Looks good on them .

gopher
No Party Affiliation

same here - mebbe some one should issue a TROLL ALERT

tay
Somebody Tell Jeb Bush That The Pope Actually Is A Scientist

“He’s not a scientist, he’s a religious leader,” Bush says in a video of the remarks .

In fact, the pope studied chemistry and worked as a chemist.

Somebody Tell Jeb Bush That The Pope Actually Is A Scientist | ThinkProgress

Back when Pope Francis was still going by the handle of Jorge Bergoglio, he earned a master's degree in chemistry from the University of Buenos Aires.

CatholicHerald.co.uk » Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio: a profile

tay
Fox News is skeptical of Jeb Bush’s plan to cut taxes for the rich.

Bush’s recently-unveiled tax plan would lower the effective tax rate of those earning $10 million or more from 26 percent to 21 percent , and would lower the corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 20 percent. Even the conservative-leaning Tax Foundation admits that the tax cuts would reduce overall revenue by at least $3.6 trillion in a decade, and that the richest top 1 percent of earners (filers making at least $406,000 per year) would see their incomes increase by 11.6 percent . By contrast, middle-class earners would only see their incomes increase by less than 3 percent. Bush defends the tax cuts by claiming they would spur a sustained 4 percent growth rate each quarter.

But in an interview today with Fox’s Chris Wallace, Bush looked visibly uncomfortable when Wallace pointed out that Bush’s tax plan would, according to his last six years of tax returns, would
give the former Florida governor a $3 million tax cut .

He also pointed out that his father, George H. W. Bush, called Ronald Reagan’s theory that lower tax rates would spur income growth “voodoo economics.”

Even Fox News is Suspicious of Jeb's Tax Cuts for the Rich

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgG6eNC2ccE&feature=player_embedded

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation

\
\
That's quite possible but WHO was to know that 10 years ago?

Ummmm, everyone who pointed it out before it went down. I remember several analysts pointing out that Saddam was the lynch-pin to the keeping the lid on the powder keg. Yep, he was a bastard. Yep, he killed 10s of thousands of his own citizens. But that's a pretty piss poor reason to invade a sovereign state where even more people were killed for no good reason, without having ANY real strategy for Iraq beyond getting Hussein and bringing him to justice and/or ending his existence.

It's like Bush and the White House gang were told the situation and they all went, "Hey look, there's a butterfly".

EagleSmack
+1
JEB... lol

tay
"Jeb Bush said last week that Democrats often win the black vote because they tell people 'we’ll take care of you with free stuff.' Whereas Democrats actually win the black vote because Republicans keep saying stuff like that."
---Seth Meyers

"What? Black people vote so they can get 'free stuff?' The only time black people would've voted for free stuff would have been for Abraham Lincoln when the stuff they wanted to be free was themselves."
---Larry Wilmore

tay
Things haven't been easy for Jeb Bush in the 2016 race. He had incorrect numbers in a speech about Syria. He spent millions in TV ads without a bump in the polls. And now his struggling campaign has forgotten how to Internet.

A website sporting the name of the former Florida governor, JebBush.com, now redirects to Donald Trump's official campaign site, according to the The Daily Caller .

tay
+1
Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and his super PAC are set to dominate the TV airwaves between now and the Granite State primary, reserving more than $14 million in commercials on both New Hampshire and Boston stations — including two Super Bowl spots.

It’s a clear sign that Bush operatives, despite criticism over already spending more than $35 million nationally on commercials for just 4 percent in the polls, are doubling down on a strategy of massive TV buys.

Bush, who’s struggled to shine with his debate skills, appears to be banking on TV to better convey his message

Bush to flood airwaves with ads prior to primary | Boston Herald?

Walter
Love the Star Wars III poster.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
It appears from what I have seen and read about Jeb Bush that he is something of a political and intellectual lightweight. That is not surprising considering how feeble the intellect of his older brother was. But don't count him out - he has a huge amount of cash at his disposal and his brother (a man considered by many to be the worst president in US history) actually got elected twice.

Angstrom
No Party Affiliation

What's your point, besides Rasmussen is a lying idiot? What we did to Libya and Gaddafi is criminal, just like Iraq. I said so at the time. It is a very large black mark on Canada that Harpo approved our bombing of Libya and the murder of Gaddafi.

Gadafi wanted to create the United States of Africa.... We can't have that happen if our pyramid currency can continue.
China and Russia are trying to dump the Green Back from their currency reserve. And we keep manipulating the market to hinder them each time.

The whole world market is based on a simple pyramid scheme, And the trust is gone. Things will only get nastier as we continue to preserve our dominance.

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

It appears from what I have seen and read about Jeb Bush that he is something of a political and intellectual lightweight. That is not surprising considering how feeble the intellect of his older brother was. But don't count him out - he has a huge amount of cash at his disposal and his brother (a man considered by many to be the worst president in US history) actually got elected twice.

Thinking people know BHO is the worst prez by far. Both Bush's college grades far surpass BHO's on the high side.

DaSleeper
Somebody didn't check for the https embedded link

tay
Conservatives urge Jeb Bush to get his smarter brother's help on the campaign trail

George W. Bush Could Be Key to Stopping Donald Trump, Republican Says - Bloomberg Politics

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by tay View Post

Conservatives urge Jeb Bush to get his smarter brother's help on the campaign trail

George W. Bush Could Be Key to Stopping Donald Trump, Republican Says - Bloomberg Politics

Yeah, I think young George might put Donald in a slightly different light.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Thinking people know BHO is the worst prez by far. Both Bush's college grades far surpass BHO's on the high side.

You just finished saying a couple of days ago that logic escapes you and now you return to prove it.

petros
See C!iff, this is why people think you are nuts.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

See C!iff, this is why people think you are nuts.

Because he has different opinions?