Frenchman winner of Holocaust cartoon contest

I think not
TEHRAN, Nov 1, 2006 (AFP) - A Frenchman was among the winners of a controversial competition for cartoons on the Holocaust announced by Iranian Culture Minister Mohammad Hossein Saffar-Harandi Wednesday.

The Frenchman, whose name and entry were not released to protect him from possible prosecution in his homeland, came second equal with Brazilian Carlos Latuff, whose caricature showed a Palestinian wearing a uniform like that which Jews were required to wear in Nazi concentration camps.
The pair will share a prize of US $8,000. France is home to the world's second largest Jewish community outside Israel, as well as Europe's largest Muslim population.

The first prize of US $12,000 went to Moroccan Abdullah Derkawi who drew a crane bearing the Star of David at work on a section of Israel's West Bank separation barrier that he depicted bearing a photograph of the gateway to the Auschwitz death camp.

"The Holocaust is a myth and this issue has finally made waves thanks to the action of President (Mahmoud) Ahmadinejad in daring to express himself on the subject and break the Holocaust taboo," Saffar-Harandi said as he announced the prize winners.

None of the foreign winners were present at the award ceremony.

Massoud Shojai, one of the organizers of the contest first announced in February, blamed "political pressure" for their absence.

Iran announced the competition following the re-publication in a number of mainly European newspapers of Danish caricatures of the Prophet Mohammed.

Ahmadinejad has sparked a chorus of international criticism with a series of statements calling into question the massacre of millions of Jewish civilians by Nazi Germany during World War II. During a visit to the United States in September, his reformist predecessor Mohammad Khatami insisted Ahmadinejad did not mean to question the Holocaust itself but its use to defend the creation of a Jewish state on Palestinian land.

"I believe the Holocaust is the crime of Nazism," Khatami told Time magazine. "But it is possible that the Holocaust, which is an absolute fact, a historical fact, would be misused. The Holocaust should not be, in any way, an excuse for the suppression of Palestinian rights," the former president told the New York-based news weekly. "I personally believe that he (Ahmadinejad) really didn't deny the existence of the Holocaust," he added.

http://www.expatica.com/actual/artic...story_id=34118

CDNBear
ITN, might you know where I could get a glimps of this cartoon?

tamarin
Conservative
The French have nothing to offer the world by means of example or hope. Their large Muslim and Jewish communities have been embroiled in a soft war for years, anti-semitism now a harsh, predictable part of daily French life. So doofus has won himself a prize. Too bad it wasn't a brain. No matter the size, it would be an improvement.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by tamarin View Post

The French have nothing to offer the world by means of example or hope. Their large Muslim and Jewish communities have been embroiled in a soft war for years, anti-semitism now a harsh, predictable part of daily French life. So doofus has won himself a prize. Too bad it wasn't a brain. No matter the size, it would be an improvement.

Good call tamarin. Might you have seen the cartoon? I'm curious as to its context.

#juan
No Party Affiliation

This is the cartoon. You can see Auswich(sp) on the wall.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

Thanx #Juan. That's not all that imaginative, or funny really.

I don't think it's worth 8 grand either.

I'm not sure I should ask this, but oh well i do ruffle feathers. Is it possible that the numbers are slightly on the high side? I would think that if you murdered 6 million Jews in Europe in the 30' and 40', you would have actually exterminated all of them, leaving no one to flee Europe to create Israel in 48. I'm not denying it happend, I do believe in the Holocaust, I'm just curious to about the numbers and their basis. i do realise that the Germans were expert book keepers, so if some one could direct me to a source that would be great.

#juan
No Party Affiliation
That's a tough question and you can find different numbers, but this site is probably the easiest to read.

http://www.historyplace.com/worldhis.../holocaust.htm

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

That's a tough question and you can find different numbers, but this site is probably the easiest to read.

http://www.historyplace.com/worldhis.../holocaust.htm

Thanx #Juan.

I think not
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Thanx #Juan.

If you want some hsitory regarding the holocaust, there is no better documentation assembled by Martin Gilbert's The Holocaust: A History of the Jews of Europe During the Second World War. It is meticulously researched and well documented. You won't regret it.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by I think not View Post

If you want some hsitory regarding the holocaust, there is no better documentation assembled by Martin Gilbert's The Holocaust: A History of the Jews of Europe During the Second World War. It is meticulously researched and well documented. You won't regret it.

Thanx ITN

Logic 7
Quote: Originally Posted by tamarin View Post

I can sees you know absolutly nothing about french, when i say absolutly nothing i means absolutly nothing, if there is a pro-jews states in europe, it is france, the zionist lobbyist is so strong in france, they even put a man in jail, a man who only made fun of the IDF and israel policy,totally stupid, here is the video of what make him in jail

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AlZvsmFIO8k

Don't know french? then learn it.

Not only that, but also, zionist extremist went to the humourist show, and bring chaos to the show, so to make it stop, but nothing happen to those idiots.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by Logic 7 View Post

I can sees you know absolutly nothing about french, when i say absolutly nothing i means absolutly nothing, if there is a pro-jews states in europe, it is france, the zionist lobbyist is so strong in france, they even put a man in jail, a man who only made fun of the IDF and israel policy,totally stupid, here is the video of what make him in jail

Not only that, but also, zionist extremist went to the humourist show, and bring chaos to the show, so to make it stop, but nothing happen to those idiots.

What have you done with the old Logic 7?

You are not nearly as smart and you certainly do not have the english skills the old logic had. If you are the real logic, stop hangin around those wing nuts, they are frying your brain.

Colpy
Conservative
what brain?

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

what brain?

LOL Colpy.

How was your day, I take it you visited a memorial?

Colpy
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

LOL Colpy.

How was your day, I take it you visited a memorial?

Not this year, I'm afraid.

My brother was operated on for brain cancer on Wednesday.......he had a stroke Thursday and died this afternoon. He was 56.

Funny thing........he was named after my uncle, who died in 1941. A radio operator/gunner in a Wellington bomber, they were hit with flak over Germany, became a straggler, and were shot down by fighters over the English channel. No survivors. It was his 27th mission, he was 21 years old.

Now I have two Johns to remember on the 11th.

A sad day.

I think not
Condolences Colpy.

I think not
Quote: Originally Posted by Logic 7 View Post

Two words. Vichy France.

Don't know history? Then learn it.

CDNBear
I'm sorry to hear that Colpy, my condolences as well. Je me Souviens.

Toro
My condolences Colpy.