Colorado “Democrat Of The Year”

Locutus
Convicted Of Stealing From Elderly Blind Woman With Cerebral Palsy…

Wealth redistribution.
JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) – The woman named “Democrat of The Year” this year by the Jefferson County Democratic Party has been convicted of felony theft by a Jefferson County jury for stealing from a developmentally disabled 71-year-old woman.

“The jury did right,” said Cindy Maxwell, an advocate for the victim.

On Thursday, a jury convicted 66-year-old Estelle Carson of felony identify theft and felony theft from an at risk adult for stealing checks from the woman and using them to pay her own cable, cell phone and internet bills.

The victim is partially blind, developmentally disabled, has cerebral palsy and is confined to a wheelchair. She is on a fixed income of $596 per month according to the Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office.

Colorado “Democrat Of The Year” Convicted Of Stealing From Elderly Blind Woman With Cerebral Palsy… | Weasel Zippers

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
We all have our faults and this is a problem I agree but it is no worse than the leader of the opposite
side of the fence who came to many communities bought out businesses and stole the jobs from the
local economy and gave them to China. It comes down to this I guess if you are poor and steal the
checks to pay a bill it is bad. If you are rich and you use your wealth to destroy other peoples entire
lives and leave them in the dark and hungry its alright.
No I don't advocate theft of any kind, and she should not have done what she did. Romney did a lot
worse to America than this woman ever did. There are groups that depict her as an example of Democrats,
and that is not true. They don't portray some miserable person who destroys some else's lives for what they
are. A miserable individual who does not care about average people, he cares about himself, and will say
anything to get elected. The difference is Obama will say almost anything to get elected. When it comes
to almost anything and anything there is a difference.

tay
Republican Fundraiser in Utah, Charged With Multiple Counts of Rape and Kidnapping, Commits Suicide

Faced with rape charges that could have put him in prison for the rest of his life, embattled political activist Greg Peterson killed himself Tuesday, just days after posting a $2 million bond and being released from jail.

Peterson has held an annual Rocky Mountain Conservatives Convention at the cabin for several years, where some of the movers and shakers of Republican politics in Utah would gather for a barbeque. According to a local conservative political blogger, Michael Jolley , attendees at last year's event included Rep Jason Chaffetz, Senators Orrin Hatch and Mike Lee, and Republican Gov. Gary Herbert. According to Talking Points Memo , Petersen co-chaired a 2007 fundraiser for Mitt Romney.

Republican Fundraiser in Utah, Charged With Multiple Counts of Rape and Kidnapping, Commits Suicide | Alternet

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

Convicted Of Stealing From Elderly Blind Woman With Cerebral Palsy…

Wealth redistribution.

JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) – The woman named “Democrat of The Year” this year by the Jefferson County Democratic Party has been convicted of felony theft by a Jefferson County jury for stealing from a developmentally disabled 71-year-old woman.

“The jury did right,” said Cindy Maxwell, an advocate for the victim.

On Thursday, a jury convicted 66-year-old Estelle Carson of felony identify theft and felony theft from an at risk adult for stealing checks from the woman and using them to pay her own cable, cell phone and internet bills.

The victim is partially blind, developmentally disabled, has cerebral palsy and is confined to a wheelchair. She is on a fixed income of $596 per month according to the Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office.

Colorado “Democrat Of The Year” Convicted Of Stealing From Elderly Blind Woman With Cerebral Palsy… | Weasel Zippers

What? Surely not a Democrat! Oooooooooooh maybe she stole that identity too!

Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpy View Post

We all have our faults and this is a problem I agree but it is no worse than the leader of the opposite
side of the fence who came to many communities bought out businesses and stole the jobs from the
local economy and gave them to China. It comes down to this I guess if you are poor and steal the
checks to pay a bill it is bad. If you are rich and you use your wealth to destroy other peoples entire
No I don't advocate theft of any kind, and she should not have done what she did. Romney did a lot
worse to America than this woman ever did. There are groups that depict her as an example of Democrats,
and that is not true. They don't portray some miserable person who destroys some else's lives for what they
are. A miserable individual who does not care about average people, he cares about himself, and will say
anything to get elected. The difference is Obama will say almost anything to get elected. When it comes

Not just sure how bad that actually is. We pretty well all shop for goods and services where we can get the best price for whatever quality we are happy with!

Niflmir
Free Thinker
+6
#5  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

What? Surely not a Democrat! Oooooooooooh maybe she stole that identity too!

I never realized that the Democrat label was more associated with honesty than the Republican label. I have always just assumed that all politicians are crooks until they prove otherwise.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Niflmir View Post

I never realized that the Democrat label was more associated with honesty than the Republican label. I have always just assumed that all politicians are crooks until they prove otherwise.

Pretty much!

Locutus
Update to this story.
Via Daily Caller:
Jefferson County, Colo. Democrats have revoked 66-year-old Estelle Carson’s 2012 “Democrat of the Year” award, following her conviction on Thursday for stealing from a 71-year-old woman who suffers from both partial blindness and cerebral palsy.
Carson was found guilty of felony identity theft and felony theft from an at-risk person for stealing checks from the woman to pay for cable, cellphone and Internet bills.

The elderly victim, who is confined to a wheelchair, has a fixed income of $596 per month.

The Jefferson County Democratic Party announced in late 2011 that it planned to honor Carson at a gala in January 2012 for her Democratic activism and efforts. Three days before the Jan. 8 dinner, critics warned the Democratic Party officials of an ongoing criminal investigation into Carson’s activities.

Keep reading…

TenPenny
So, the Democratic Party was responsible, and removed the honor due to criminal activity.

I'm glad you're supporting this move, it's very fair of you.

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
+1

side of the fence who came to many communities bought out businesses and stole the jobs from the local economy and gave them to China.

It's vastly worse.

Any attempt to justify, legitimize or downplay the pre-meditated abuse of this elderly woman (witht CP and partially blind on top of it) is sickening to the nth degree.

Goober
Free Thinker
+1

You are way off on that reply.

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

It's vastly worse.

Any attempt to justify, legitimize or downplay the pre-meditated abuse of this elderly woman (witht CP and partially blind on top of it) is sickening to the nth degree.

I agree completely. It's just as bad as celebrating the deliberate destruction of domestic jobs.

It's horrible how selfish and immoral people can be, this sort of person should not be in politics.

SLM
No Party Affiliation
+3

If you're sane you assume that. But I think we are surrounded by madness.

This woman is beyond low to have do what she's done. There is no excuse or justification for preying upon an elderly, poor, disabled woman.

And I don't give a damn what her politics are, this woman is scum. Period, end of story.

Goober
Free Thinker
+1

Here

PoliticalNick
Free Thinker
+1
I did not realize criminal activity was limited to one political party.

Now we figured this out we just have to round up all the democrats and crime will cease to exist.

Locutus
+2
If this scumbag hadn't been named by the local democratic party as the 'democrat of the year' and that after a warning she was under criminal investigation, and the chairman of said local party ignored said warnings, then yeah...it's probably not worth seeing on the internet, let alone associated withe the dems.

However...

PoliticalNick
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

If this scumbag hadn't been named by the local democratic party as the 'democrat of the year' and that after a warning she was under criminal investigation, and the chairman of said local party ignored said warnings, then yeah...it's probably not worth seeing on the internet, let alone associated withe the dems.

However...

However there is an election being contested so the zealots (on both sides) will try to find and use anything to make the other side look bad. I'm surprised we aren't being inundated with lists of serial killers and how they voted.

Obviously this woman is the model for all democrats and was the person who raised and educated Obama and still pulls his strings today so all the citizens should now vote for Mittens.

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation

Yep.