Canada, Harper need a 'reality check' on global warming: report

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Read the article in the OP.

Both the coldest provinces. Thanks for pointing that out.

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Both the coldest provinces. Thanks for pointing that out.

I guess no one will have any heating then considering they plan some serious reductions.

petros
What is their plan? CCS for EOR once SK fine tunes the process?

mentalfloss

What is their plan? CCS for EOR once SK fine tunes the process?

I'm sure the plan is to set everyone's thermostat to zero you putz.

petros
+1

I'm sure the plan is to set everyone's thermostat to zero you putz.

I'm a putz because Canada has cold winter which makes us high consumers of NG?

It must be smokin' easy for pissant nations in warm climates to reduce huh? Is it because they don;'t have 40 ****ing below winters in places like Botswana?

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1

This pretty much highlights the stupidity in this thread.

Hey, Petros, you're bashing your head against a "brick wall" with this guy!

petros
He probably keeps the thermostat pegged at 21C and showers daily. Evil bastard.

Kakato
+1 / -1
Nice and warm in his moms basement.

petros
It must be.

mentalfloss
Must be all those basement dwellers in Sask and Alberta.

petros
Just a graph? What are the sources? No sources, no proof.

Kakato
I wonder how it corresponds with employment levels

mentalfloss

That's what happens when manufacturing and people move from one end of the country to the other.

Except the environmental costs are going to hit the provinces that aren't prepared the most.

You can take a guess now, why Alberta and Sask are so terrified of Mulcair.

Just a graph? What are the sources? No sources, no proof.

Environment Canada.

Environment Canada - Climate Change - Canada's GHG Inventory

Kakato

petros
Really? How did a 4.3% increase in GHGs from oil industry from 1990 to 2008 make things jump so high?

GHG from oil industry peaked in 2002 and has dropped since then.

It's all here babycakes: http://oee.nrcan.gc.ca/publications/...handbook10.pdf

Walter
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Cabbagesandking View Post

How is China doing Very well, thank you. It is streets ahead of Canada in actual strategies and more than that in preparations. Even though it was not obliged under the original Kyoto agreement to do anything before this year except to make inventories and develop plans.

You're bloody balmy. Here's Peking on a regular day.

petros
323Mt in 1990 to a peak of 381Mt in 2002....to 337Mt in 2008

I gotta call bull**** on your graph.

Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Good thing that is harmless non-GHG CO and not CO2

mentalfloss
Glad to see you guys still have nothing but half-baked remarks.

petros

Environment Canada.

Environment Canada - Climate Change - Canada's GHG Inventory

Is that where the bull**** graph came from? NO!

Glad to see you guys still have nothing but half-baked remarks.

NRCan is half baked? Where are the mystery GHGs coming from?

mentalfloss

Is that where the bull**** graph came from? NO!

NRCan is half baked? Where are the mystery GHGs coming from?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your home heating theory is bull**** (as predicted).

Residential and Commercial

Emissions in these categories arise primarily from the combustion of fuel to heat residential and commercial buildings. Fuel combustion in the Residential and Commercial categories accounted for 5.9% (41 Mt) and 4.1% (28 Mt), respectively, of all GHG emissions in 2010.

Environment Canada - Publications - National Inventory Report 1990-2010: Greenhouse Gas Sources and Sinks in Canada - Executive Summary
Last edited by mentalfloss; Jun 13th, 2012 at 12:11 PM..

Niflmir
Free Thinker
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Members of a federal advisory panel, who recently learned their organization was on the chopping block

This says it all

Indeed, given that Kent requested to have them prepare this document one year ago, and he decides to dissolve the panel as they were finishing the report, this adequately explains the actual motivations behind letting them go: they were going to say something he didn't like, so he decided they should stop existing.

That's politics. If you don't like the facts, act like you can change them.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Kakato View Post

We could all go back to living in caves but life expectancy back then was about half of what it is now so i'll take our new and improved but poisened life support system for now.

Yes, well, longevity isn't all that important, it is how you have lived your life. When you are old and your body hurts from youthful excesses, come back and tell us how great it is. It will be utopia when you have to ingest multiple chemical pharmaceutical concoctions to keep you alive because of all the chemical toxins your life activities have released into the environment.

petros
I'm public aren't you? What is the biggest public use of energy? Home heating?

Residential Secondary Energy Use by Energy Source and End-Use | Office of Energy Efficiency

Must be all those basement dwellers in Sask and Alberta.

http://ec.gc.ca/ges-ghg/default.asp?...n=44FB5B23#es4

mentalfloss

I'm public aren't you? What is the biggest public use of energy? Home heating?

Residential Secondary Energy Use by Energy Source and End-Use | Office of Energy Efficiency

Here's the full breakdown:

You want to look at where it says Residential.

That's 41 Mt C02 out of 692 Mt C02.. otherwise, no more than 6% of the total GHG output.

Kakato
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Yes, well, longevity isn't all that important, it is how you have lived your life. When you are old and your body hurts from youthful excesses, come back and tell us how great it is. It will be utopia when you have to ingest multiple chemical pharmaceutical concoctions to keep you alive because of all the chemical toxins your life activities have released into the environment.

It all balances out,i'll die at 90 now instead of 50 and I'll feel the same as I would at 50 in caveman times.

coldstream
All i can say is.. don't worry about it.

There has never been any credibility to the AGW hoax or it's contrived computer 'models'. They have never been able to predict anything, and now claim any abnormal event as proof of their claims. It has never been anything but a political agenda posited by radical environmentalists and their viciously anti-human ideology. The more that becomes obvious, the more frenzied the hysteria becomes around it.

Listen to the major American networks now and they lead every news telecast with breathless expositions of 'extreme weather'.. selectively choosing extreme examples and ignoring those that don't jive with its political objective. Hence the coldest winter in a generation in Europe and central Asia .. the cool weather on the west coast.. are ignored.. and a short heat wave in the middle of the continent blown into the dimensions of a catastrophe.. and harbinger of things to come.

The miniscule human input to the carbon content of the atmosphere is completely overwhelmed by normal geophysical activity.. and even that doesn't effect the weather in substantial or prolonged parts. Hence the predictability of weather patterns since the last Ice Age. The only significant and lasting effect on the weather is variations of the sun's radiation.

So relaxe. Be assured you are being lied to by AGW proponents, who have anything but your best interests at heart.
Last edited by coldstream; Jun 13th, 2012 at 12:52 PM..

Kakato
I just came back from town here in southwest Alberta and it is snowing.
Whens this warming thingy coming?

mentalfloss

Kakato
I knew it was only a matter of time before Saskatchewans prosperity had the jelous types giving them the same attention As Alberta.

Cabbagesandking
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

That is not CO2 and it is not connected with what I wrote even if it were.