Girl, missing for a year, found

sanctus

BLOOMFIELD, Conn. (AP) - A 15-year-old girl missing for nearly a year has been found in Connecticut, locked in a small hidden room under a staircase.
Police say two people who live in the West Hartford home are under arrest.
Bloomfield police say they found the girl alive in a room blocked from view by a cabinet.
They had gone to the home with West Hartford police to serve search warrants for DNA and other evidence.
Police say they expect to make additional arrests.
The girl is in protective custody and is being examined by medical personnel.
A 41-year-old man and a 40-year-old woman are charged with offences including unlawful restraint, reckless endangerment, conspiracy and risk of injury to a minor.

Copyright 2007 Canadian Press

Twila
OH MY GAWD! What is wrong with people? How can a human being do this to another human being? Is empathy for other living feeling creatures becoming such a rare commodity?

If so we may want to practice specialized breeding of humans, like we do with animals....

Josephine
I can't imagine that poor girl locked in there...and missing for a whole year! I hope she can come through this ordeal ok...that's a disturbing story.

Twila
Imagine how her parents must feel. Even with the elation of her being found alive, the guilt they'll feel for the rest of their lives for not being able to keep her safe. That's how I know I'd feel if anything happened to my daughter. I hurt for them.

Josephine
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

Imagine how her parents must feel. Even with the elation of her being found alive, the guilt they'll feel for the rest of their lives for not being able to keep her safe. That's how I know I'd feel if anything happened to my daughter. I hurt for them.

I couldn't imagine how horrible that would be. I think of the parents of the boy who was taken by Peter Whitmore...having to see for years to come the emotional damage to your child and not being to help or comfort or make it all better.
I wish this family luck.