Gears of War

Avro
Any fans of this game out there?

L Gilbert
Unreal here.

DurkaDurka
I have finished the single player campains up to hardcore. I haven't played it online very much though, I find the controls to be lacking compared to a mouse and keyboard.

Gears does have amazing graphics and sound, probably the best I have seen on a console yet.

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by L Gilbert View Post

Unreal here.

Unreal tournament 2007 is going to be out pretty soon, it looks amazing.

Tonington
You just can't beat the trackball with a keyboard for controls

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by Tonington View Post

You just can't beat the trackball with a keyboard for controls

You play games with a Trackball?

Tonington
Yup. I only switched to trackball about a year and a half ago, I can't go back now. Also my desk here in my appartment has some space constraints.

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

Unreal tournament 2007 is going to be out pretty soon, it looks amazing.

Yeah, my toes curl everytime I think about it. Trigger finger gets really twitchy, too.

L Gilbert
I have a trackball mouse too. Keep thinkiing about a good joystick sometime but everytime I look at em there are hundreds to choose from and it freaks me out so i stick with the mouse.

DurkaDurka
I use the Logitech G5 laser mouse, 2000dpi, I have no problems landing headshots with that bad boy.

L Gilbert
Yeah. Last trackball and this one were made by Logitech.
Got any recommendations for a joystick, Durk? Cuz I know some are better for simulation, some are better for other things.

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by L Gilbert View Post

Yeah. Last trackball and this one were made by Logitech.
Got any recommendations for a joystick, Durk? Cuz I know some are better for simulation, some are better for other things.

i use my XBOX 360 controller when I need a joystick for my PC, awesome controller. It is USB 2.0 based so it works easily with a PC, you can pick one up for about $30.00

Avro
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

i use my XBOX 360 controller when I need a joystick for my PC, awesome controller. It is USB 2.0 based so it works easily with a PC, you can pick one up for about $30.00

Not sure why you would do that considering nothing beats the mouse/keyboard combo.

I'm a big HL2 fan as well and I couldn't imagine using a hand held controller for that.

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro View Post

Not sure why you would do that considering nothing beats the mouse/keyboard combo.

I'm a big HL2 fan as well and I couldn't imagine using a hand held controller for that.

I use the 360 controller for playing sports games on my pc, thats about. For FPS, RPG's, RTS I use keyboard and mouse.

HL2 is a wicked game, I still load up CS ever once in a while to get my FPS fix.

Avro
I've only palyed death match...

Perhaps we should play sometime.

DurkaDurka
Sounds good, perhaps there are a couple other people here who we could get in on a Canadian Content death match.

Avro
That would be fun.