Tesla to cut thousands of jobs as Elon Musk warns the ‘road ahead is very difficult’


Hoid
#61
lol ya tesla isn't making it
 
Jinentonix
+4
#62
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

lol ya tesla isn't making it

Once again you gloss over the salient point. It can't make it without subsidies. Meanwhile you whine about the bailing out of auto makers while cheer-leading continued subsidizing of an auto maker.
 
taxslave
+2
#63
Quote: Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post

As long as Tesla has to play these games, including billions in taxpayers subsidies, he is just proving that electric cars can't make it.

Especially since they can't deliver the cars they took deposits on. Will the taxpayer subsidies cover all the lawsuits?
 
Twin_Moose
#64
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/8/18...missions-fines
Tesla will be getting hundreds of millions from Fiat Chrysler by allowing fc cars to be counted in with teslas in order to bring there average emissions down to avoid penalties in the EU
what a massive windfall

Hahahaha Tesla can only make money on fossil fuel
 
Hoid
#65
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Once again you gloss over the salient point. It can't make it without subsidies. Meanwhile you whine about the bailing out of auto makers while cheer-leading continued subsidizing of an auto maker.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/tesla-w...ng-11554734539

Fiat Chrysler is giving Tesla hundreds of millions for a band aid fix.

Regulatory burdens are going to be a major obstacle for any car maker that isn't going electric in a big way
 
Jinentonix
+1
#66
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

https://www.wsj.com/articles/tesla-w...ng-11554734539
Fiat Chrysler is giving Tesla hundreds of millions for a band aid fix.

With the $1.5 billion in loans that Groper forgave FC, it's basically Canadian taxpayers that are giving hundreds of millions to Tesla. And with all the f*cking pissing and moaning you've done about Harper and auto industry bail outs, you STILL have nothing to say about Groper forgiving $5.7 billion in loans to FC and GM. Can you say 'partisan shit pump'? I know you can.
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Regulatory burdens are going to be a major obstacle for any car maker that isn't going electric in a big way

You're still proving the point. Tesla can't survive without constant govt intervention. Whether it's subsidies or new regulatory burdens regarding ICE powered vehicles.
 
Hoid
#67
Loans that Groper (Trudeau?) gave Fiat?

That money came from Harper (pear-shaped loser).
 
MHz
#68
Let the hobby guys have the industry for a decade making bikes that need no insurance and no permit to operate. The 'people's car' with only 2 or 3 wheels and an umbrella that is also a solar battery charger. Charge!!
 
MHz
#69
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Can you say 'partisan shit pump'? I know you can.

I like the old term better, it didn't need an update, 'pork-barrel politics'
 
Jinentonix
+2
#70
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Loans that Groper (Trudeau?) gave Fiat?
That money came from Harper (pear-shaped loser).

Learn to read dumbass. Trudeau FORGAVE the loans. Derrrrp.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/chr...ilke-1.4871648


Uh duhhhhhh durka durka derp. I'm Hoid, I'm a friggin' moron.
 
Hoid
#71
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Learn to read dumbass. Trudeau FORGAVE the loans. Derrrrp.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/chr...ilke-1.4871648


Uh duhhhhhh durka durka derp. I'm Hoid, I'm a friggin' moron.

The loans were given to Fiat by Harper
 
Hoid
#72
and to GM and to Ford

all the big car makers getting yet another government subsidy
 
Hoid
#73
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKCN1RM1NG

New electric vehicle tax credit on its way through Congress.
 
Jinentonix
+3
#74
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

The loans were given to Fiat by Harper

And Groper FORGAVE the loans. You DO understand the difference between a loan and a gift, right? Harper loaned the money, Groper said f*ck the loans, this one is on the Canadian taxpayer. And here, since you absolutely HATE links that show how little you know about anything, here's some more on the story.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/loa...sler-1.4722529

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/libe...aker-1.4144249

https://driving.ca/chrysler/auto-new...t-for-chrysler

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...ticle23828543/

Then again, there's probably no point in posting those links until you go back to school and learn the difference between a gift and a loan.
 
Jinentonix
+2
#75
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKCN1RM1NG
New electric vehicle tax credit on its way through Congress.

Oh look, more proof that EV's cant make it without bail-outs. And before you try and argue that it's not a bail-out let me remind you of an argument YOU put forth in the thread about Groper bailing out the media. You stated that my tax credits are the same thing as the bail out the media got.

Can't wait to see you argue against yourself on this one.
 
Hoid
#76
Groper bailing out the media.

Refresh my memory.

As far as the tax incentives go all I can do is lol

They just keep making those EVs more attractive.
 
Hoid
#77
I would suggest you read those links slowly for understanding.

Those loans were so poorly structured by the Harper government that they were unrecoverable.

And I am trying to figure out how all this free money to all these auto makers somehow invalidates tax incentives for Evs.

The white natty mind is a puzzle
 
Cannuck
#78
Of course Trudeau gave money to the auto industry. He's just trying to MCGA.
 
Hoid
#79
To be accurate he did no get back the money given to it by Harper.
 
Cannuck
#80
If it was a loan to be paid back to the people of Canada and Trudeau forgave the loan then yes, he gave the money away and is MCGA.
 
Hoid
#81
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

If it was a loan to be paid back to the people of Canada and Trudeau forgave the loan then yes, he gave the money away and is MCGA.

As the article points out they attempted to recover the money and found out that it was unrecoverable.
 
taxslave
+1
#82
In your little mind maybe. Not in reality.
 
Jinentonix
+1
#83
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Groper bailing out the media.
Refresh my memory.

Avec Plaisir.
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid
Btw you get a tax credit. Maybe you sgould decline it in order to prove your independence
Oh Hoid, you make it too easy sometimes. I guess you need me to explain the difference between an individual's tax credits and a bail-out. A tax credit for an individual is a fraction of the taxes back that they paid throughout the year. You are in fact, getting some of YOUR money back. A bail-out is when the govt takes a bunch of yours, mine and everyone else's money and it loans/gives it to a sole entity or industry.
And uh, just because your loyalty can be bought for a few hundred bucks a year doesn't mean mine can be. Don't be projecting your faults and weaknesses onto me.
__________________________
PC+SJW=BS
Hoid
Because industries don't pay taxes

And there you have it. You regard the media bail out as a tax credit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

As far as the tax incentives go all I can do is lol

It's no wonder you laugh. You confuse bail-outs with tax credits and tax credits with tax incentives.
Oh and uh, with all your ranting about Harper and the auto bail-outs, you keep forgetting to mention McGuinty, who also coughed some nice tax dollars as well. But I guess the McGuinty portion of the bail out was just a tax credit.
 
Jinentonix
+2
#84
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

As the article points out they attempted to recover the money and found out that it was unrecoverable.

And yet mere months after forgiving this "unrecoverable" money, you tell us FC has hundreds of millions to give Tesla.
The article also points out McGuinty's role in the bail-outs as well and yet you save all your anti-bail-out venom for Harper. You know, because obviously McGuinty never approached Harper about bailing out the auto industry which was centered primarily in Ontario.
 
Hoid
#85
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Avec Plaisir.
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid
Btw you get a tax credit. Maybe you sgould decline it in order to prove your independence
Oh Hoid, you make it too easy sometimes. I guess you need me to explain the difference between an individual's tax credits and a bail-out. A tax credit for an individual is a fraction of the taxes back that they paid throughout the year. You are in fact, getting some of YOUR money back. A bail-out is when the govt takes a bunch of yours, mine and everyone else's money and it loans/gives it to a sole entity or industry.
And uh, just because your loyalty can be bought for a few hundred bucks a year doesn't mean mine can be. Don't be projecting your faults and weaknesses onto me.
__________________________
PC+SJW=BS
Hoid
Because industries don't pay taxes

And there you have it. You regard the media bail out as a tax credit.
It's no wonder you laugh. You confuse bail-outs with tax credits and tax credits with tax incentives.
Oh and uh, with all your ranting about Harper and the auto bail-outs, you keep forgetting to mention McGuinty, who also coughed some nice tax dollars as well. But I guess the McGuinty portion of the bail out was just a tax credit.

NO idea what you are talking about.

As far as unrecoverable it was gifted to industry by the stupidity of Steven Harper.
 
taxslave
+1
#86
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

NO idea what you are talking about.
As far as unrecoverable it was gifted to industry by the stupidity of Steven Harper.

Wrong again. It was gifted by trudOWE. Harper gave some loans to the auto industry with the expectation they would be repaid. trudOWE and/or his handlers decided to forgive the loans because they benifit Ontario and Quebec.What a surprise.
 
DaSleeper
+2
#87
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Wrong again. It was gifted by trudOWE. Harper gave some loans to the auto industry with the expectation they would be repaid. trudOWE and/or his handlers decided to forgive the loans because they benifit Ontario and Quebec.What a surprise.

I've never seen someone double down on stupid like Hoid/waldo!
 
Cannuck
#88
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

As the article points out they attempted to recover the money and found out that it was unrecoverable.


heheheh...sure it was.
 
Hoid
#89
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Harper gave some loans to the auto industry with the expectation they would be repaid.

They no doubt will be.

I have no doubt Harper will be sitting a good many boards of directors.
Last edited by Hoid; Apr 13th, 2019 at 04:54 PM..
 
Jinentonix
+2
#90
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

NO idea what you are talking about.

Really. YOUR words and you have no idea what YOU'RE talking about? Dar der durka durka derrrrp? So basically what you're saying is you haven't got clue what you're talking about but you're going to give your dumb f*ck opinion on it anyway. Gotta love that ALT-left racist, emotional relativist mentality.
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

As far as unrecoverable it was gifted to industry by the stupidity of Steven Harper.

And Dalton MCGuinty. Funny how you never want to blame your ALT-left retard heroes for the exact same shit you blame Harper for.

What's the matter Hoidy, is your self-esteem so tied up in your political ideology that you simply can't admit when the type of people you support f*ck up?

So let's get to the crux of things here. Groper allows SNC to out-right violate the laws for the sake of of a few thousand jobs and that's cool with you. Harper and McGuinty try to save 10s of thousands of jobs in the auto sector and yet you call Harper (and only Harper) stupid. You do realize that the auto industry affects more than just the auto plants right? There's all the feeder plants that aren't owned by the auto industry that make parts for the cars and trucks. When auto plants close down it creates substantial job losses in those places as well. But then you don't really care about jobs anyway. And why should you? You have a full career ahead of you of being mommy and daddy's little basement dweller.

Your idiocy in this thread and others is a clear indication that you are unable to have any kind of intelligent conversation. In fact, you should save yourself some time and create a few macros with all of your favourite standard ALT-left retard responses. "It's all Harper's fault", "White natty", and my new personal favourite, "climate denier", whatever the f*ck a climate denier is. Can't say I've ever heard anyone deny there's a climate.


You know dude, it would be one thing if you were simply stupid. But for you to show off how amazingly stupid you are on a daily basis is just hilarious, or pathetic, I haven't quite decided yet.