Family Day to be changed 2019

JLM
Starting next year it will be moved to the third Monday in February, which makes more sense as it's more likely to have better weather.

DaSleeper
It already is in Ontario, Alberta and Saskatchewan....

petros
+1
#3  Top Rated Post
Polar Vortex Day

Hoof Hearted
I've always felt that Halloween should be on the last Friday or Saturday in October. I know it isn't an official holiday, but it would help the Bar Industry...Office themed parties...parents wouldn't have to go to work the next day...kids could sleep in after a late night of trick or treating... etc.

petros
Can't. It's like Fat Tuesday.

mentalfloss
Makes sense.

We need to move these things around as global warming changes the climate.

Danbones
climate has always changed

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

I've always felt that Halloween should be on the last Friday or Saturday in October. I know it isn't an official holiday, but it would help the Bar Industry...Office themed parties...parents wouldn't have to go to work the next day...kids could sleep in after a late night of trick or treating... etc.

It would probably just add to the fatalities from drunkenness!

darkbeaver
Canada has a family day?

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Canada has a family day?

Yep, not sure of the need for it. Most families have about 104 days a year beside about 10 stats. already that they are free to do what they like with. The country is already $half a trillion in debt, so I'm not just sure how they can finance any more holidays. (I suppose it's not really fair for me to criticise as I already have the day off)

Corduroy
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Starting next year it will be moved to the third Monday in February, which makes more sense as it's more likely to have better weather.

I think the point was to have it line up with other February holidays across the country and President's Day in the US.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Yep, not sure of the need for it. Most families have about 104 days a year beside about 10 stats. already that they are free to do what they like with. The country is already $half a trillion in debt, so I'm not just sure how they can finance any more holidays. (I suppose it's not really fair for me to criticise as I already have the day off)

It's a provincial holiday not a national one.

The government does not pay for holidays except for the civil service.

Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Makes sense.

We need to move these things around as global warming changes the climate.

This holiday has nothing to do with climate.

Corduroy
Holidays are good for the economy. People spent money when on holidays.

Although, the tourism industry was against this change. When BC gets a day off in February, the ski slopes fill up. When the US gets the next Monday off, the slopes fill up again.

Curious Cdn
Family Day to be changed 2019

We are displeased with the expression "Family Day"

We prefer the expression "Italian Social Society Day"

Capiche?

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

I think the point was to have it line up with other February holidays across the country and President's Day in the US.

Like with many things there's a difference between the political reason for something and the sensible reason for it!

Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

Holidays are good for the economy. People spent money when on holidays.

Although, the tourism industry was against this change. When BC gets a day off in February, the ski slopes fill up. When the US gets the next Monday off, the slopes fill up again.

What percentage of the population are regular skiers? Probably fewer than one!

spaminator

with the weather we have been having i would like to see it moved to the 4th monday in february.