Elon Musk's SolarCity Bailout Is Painful For Tesla Shareholders

Locutus
+1
#1  Top Rated Post
Elon Musk’s decision to have Tesla Motors TSLA -10.42% acquire SolarCity comes straight from the Bizarro world. While many commentators have focused on the inherent conflicts of interest in the TSLA-SCTY deal–Musk is the largest shareholder of both companies, with a 21% stake in Tesla and a 22% stake in SolarCity–I believe the deal is unwise for a much simpler reason: it doesn’t make sense.

Musk has attempted to justify the deal in two conference calls over the past 24 hours, but the market has clearly not agreed. Musk continues to use the phrase “the tides of history” but he seems to be ignoring the present. If he is right that consumers who would be interested in buying Teslas would succumb to a marketing pitch to buy SolarCity’s residential solar service (including a Tesla-made Powerwall energy storage system) he has not produced a single shred of marketing research to back up that claim.

more

Forbes Welcome

via

Kenji | June 22, 2016 4:04 PM | Reply

Elon Musk borrows a shi.te load of $$$ on behalf of Tesla to BUY Solar City. Solar City's stock has been cratering ... and Musk had Tesla buy it to save the embarrassment. Solar is a novelty at best. The public is waking up to the Green Fraud. And not even a $ 130,000.00 sedan can save it.

PS ... I see dozens of shiny new Teslas all over my little town here in N.CA ... but I never see a single one driving I-5. Plenty of range for a trip to the local boutique grocery ... not so much for a trip to LA. A $ 130K shopping cart ... whoopee ! LOOK at Meeeeee ! I'm "green" and RICH !!!!!!

Angstrom
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

Elon Musk’s decision to have Tesla Motors TSLA -10.42% acquire SolarCity comes straight from the Bizarro world. While many commentators have focused on the inherent conflicts of interest in the TSLA-SCTY deal–Musk is the largest shareholder of both companies, with a 21% stake in Tesla and a 22% stake in SolarCity–I believe the deal is unwise for a much simpler reason: it doesn’t make sense.

Musk has attempted to justify the deal in two conference calls over the past 24 hours, but the market has clearly not agreed. Musk continues to use the phrase “the tides of history” but he seems to be ignoring the present. If he is right that consumers who would be interested in buying Teslas would succumb to a marketing pitch to buy SolarCity’s residential solar service (including a Tesla-made Powerwall energy storage system) he has not produced a single shred of marketing research to back up that claim.

more

Forbes Welcome

via

Kenji | June 22, 2016 4:04 PM | Reply

Elon Musk borrows a shi.te load of $$$ on behalf of Tesla to BUY Solar City. Solar City's stock has been cratering ... and Musk had Tesla buy it to save the embarrassment. Solar is a novelty at best. The public is waking up to the Green Fraud. And not even a $ 130,000.00 sedan can save it.

PS ... I see dozens of shiny new Teslas all over my little town here in N.CA ... but I never see a single one driving I-5. Plenty of range for a trip to the local boutique grocery ... not so much for a trip to LA. A $ 130K shopping cart ... whoopee ! LOOK at Meeeeee ! I'm "green" and RICH !!!!!!

Have we considered the environmental impact of mass producing a battery car?
If we replaced every gas powered engine with a battery powered engine, Do we even know if this would help make the planet more environmentally friendly?

How do we know we won't make things worst, then we already have?

pgs
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

Have we considered the environmental impact of mass producing a battery car?
If we replaced every gas powered engine with a battery powered engine, Do we even know if this would help make the planet more environmentally friendly?

How do we know we won't make things worst, then we already have?

There are already lots of battery powered carts at most golf courses in N.America .

Angstrom
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

There are already lots of battery powered carts at most golf courses in N.America .

Here is a prime example, of why the human is ill equipped to understand the scope of consequence, mass production of a battery powered car could have on the environment.

If every golf course on earth has 100 cart. How many cart is that?

Let's say we have 25 000 golf course with 100 cart each. That's 2 500 000 battery powered golf carts.
Now let's replace every gas powered car with a battery powered car. There are 1 000 000 000 cars on today's roads.

The environmental impact of making 1 000 000 000 battery powered cars are not going to be the same as making 2 500 000 battery operated carts. To start, the size is bigger, but the shear number is what we need to look at the most.

This is why my argument is that the majority of humans are too stupid to really understand the scope of impact from this mass production shift.
And I argue we have more chances of causing catastrophic harm to the environment then help it.

And based on the Ontario electrical grid. I'm right to be conserned.

Angstrom
+1
Environmentalist should be posting at this point, or are they finally realizing how stupid and insignificant they are?

I'm not sure adding 1 billion battery cars to our new super fossil fuel burning electricity grid will help out Mother Nature very mich.

Hey flossy can you come explain to us what the hell you guys were thinking?

Just build solar panels and magically plug them into the grid without thinking it through?

Did you think it would be like unicorns and rainbows and you were going to save the earth, you old idiot?

Well it turns out we use the most fossil fuel out of all the electrical grids in North America.
And we get to pay the highest rates on top of that.

Angstrom
Any environmentalists ??

Are we going to carbon tax the liberal party flossy?

Can you come explain to us what was the plan again, with the electricity grid in Ontario, flossy?
Was the plan to turn it into the highest fossil fuel consuming North American electrical grid, with the highest cost, like we have it now?

Was that the Liberal environmentalist plan?

So is the next stage in the plan, to force everyone to plug their electrical cars in the highest fossil burning electrical grid in North America?

B00Mer

So is the next stage in the plan, to force everyone to plug their electrical cars in the highest fossil burning electrical grid in North America?

Hydrogen cars..

TOYOTA MIRAI MAY LAND IN CANADA SOON

Angstrom
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Hydrogen cars..

And how much money will a hydrogen car cost you?

I wish we all could have a space shuttle to the moon Boomer, unfortunately the cost of making one happens to be out of most people's price range.
Environmentalist are to stupid to consider that into the equation.

Gas powered cars are simple as fu€k to make. The first one was made in some dumb a$$'s garage. That's how easy they are to make. Can a dumb $hit like you make a hydrogen car in your garage boomer? If not, chances are it's because it's complicated as fu€k to make and that usually ends with it costing 1 000 000 to make one.

So for the rest of us who actually have a brain, we realize it's not possible for everyone to have a 1 000 000 $ car.

Now let's take a step further. Let's say everyone had 1 000 000$ to buy a hydrogen car because the dumb Loberals are giving you a 990 000 tax credit on them.

With the 1 000 000 000 cars in the world today. I bet you all the hydrogen exhausted into the atmosphere would have a unbalancing effect on the environment. Have you considered that in your tiny little brain?

B00Mer

And how much money will a hydrogen car cost you?

I wish we all could have a space shuttle to the moon Boomer, unfortunately the cost of making one happens to be out of most people's price range.
Environmentalist are to stupid to consider that into the equation.

Gas powered cars are simple as fu€k to make. The first one was made in some dumb a$$'s garage. That's how easy they are to make. Can a dumb $hit like you make a hydrogen car in your garage boomer? If not, chances are it's because it's complicated as fu€k to make and that usually ends with it costing 1 000 000 to make one.

So for the rest of us who actually have a brain, we realize it's not possible for everyone to have a 1 000 000 $ car.

Dude, any transition with take decades, but it's going to happen.. maybe not in my life or yours.. but it's happening.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jrp9cFjuYnM

Angstrom
What if the hydrogen into the atmosphere created to much clouds that resulted in massive flooding?

Dude, any transition with take decades, but it's going to happen.. maybe not in my life or yours.. but it's happening.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkR3TI6xyzU

It won't happen, it costs way to much money. You'll never make a hydrogen car under 100 000$ Your a simple idiot.

B00Mer
Here a better one for you..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcVwLrAavyA

Angstrom

Here a better one for you..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcVwLrAavyA

It's no use, if you can't make it for cheaper then a gas car. People have a hard time buying gas cars and you want them to buy a 100 000$ car?

pgs
I am not sure of the pace of change though . I have lived through massive change in my lifetime , and one thing I know once it starts it happens fast .

Angstrom
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

I am not sure of the pace of change though . I have lived through massive change in my lifetime , and one thing I know once it starts it happens fast .

It only happens fast when it makes perfect sense. In a efficiency way. As in its easier to produce this item at a lower cost with this new technique.

We are far from having reached that point.

taxslave

Hydrogen cars..

BC tried a bunch of hydrogen busses. And pulled the plug. Maintenance was just too high. At this point I think the hydrogen highway is just another empty pipe dream.At least until the technology improves, which has been going on for 40 years or better now.

Angstrom
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

BC tried a bunch of hydrogen busses. And pulled the plug. Maintenance was just too high. At this point I think the hydrogen highway is just another empty pipe dream.At least until the technology improves, which has been going on for 40 years or better now.

If some guy in his garage can't make it, it will be too expensive.

Anything more complicated then what one guy in his garage can make is commercial grade, and above that is military grade. And then you have space grade.

Anything commercial grade is to expensive for the average population.

The environmentalist argument is. Let's make everyone buy space grade vehicles. Only a fu€Kong retard can't understand how stupid that argument is.