'Trudeau is the Wayne Gretzky of Canadian Politics'

mentalfloss
‘A favourability rating that is equal to …Gretzky…and well ahead of Justin Bieber,’ Kerry says of Trudeau

WASHINGTON — A warm moment in Canada-U.S. relations unfolded on the White House lawn Thursday, one marked by small talk, big fanfare and a plan to see President Barack Obama address Canada’s Parliament before he leaves office.

The day began with a elaborate bit of bilateral cinematography: a military brass band, a cannon salute and hundreds of flag-waving onlookers greeting Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, in town for the first state dinner involving a Canadian in 19 years.

The leaders greeted the crowd along the rope line while their wives chatted nearby. A relaxed, wisecracking Obama made some jokes about American hockey dominance, while noting how long it had been since a similar Canada-U.S. event.

“We are very proud to welcome the first official visit by a Canadian prime minister in nearly 20 years. About time, eh?” Obama said.

“We have a common outlook on the world, and I have to say I have never seen so many Americans excited about the visit of a Canadian prime minister.”

Indeed, the two leaders went out of their way to project amity: Trudeau described the president as “My friend” and “Barack.” Obama said people were inspired by his message of hope and change.

‘A favourability rating that is equal to …Gretzky…and well ahead of Justin Bieber,’ Kerry says of Trudeau

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Eric Lindros might be a better analogy! or Brat Hull!

Walter
+1
More Clingons from Analfloss.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Hey, give Kerry credit. He named three out of the four Canadians he's heard of in one sentence!

(The other one's Michael J. Fox.)

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

You can't just throw out the names without at least entertaining an analogy.

And did you mean Brett Hull?

Dixie Cup
Conservative
Unfortunately, neither one of them will leave much of a legacy to be proud of, particularly "Bama. Trudeau is in his early years yet as PM but I'm sure it'll be pretty much the same. Common sense doesn't reside at Rideau anymore.

JMHO

mentalfloss
Obama did well, he just had to work with a divided country.

Walter

Keep flossing, yer eyes are brown.

mentalfloss
Yes and dubya dubya wasn't a spectacular failure lol

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+2

Funny, BHO divided the country.

Sounds like a make-work project to me

IdRatherBeSkiing
Trudeau is no Wayne Gretsky. When people look back on his career (start to finish) they will see him as a flash in the pan.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Trudeau is no Wayne Gretsky. When people look back on his career (start to finish) they will see him as a flash in the pan.

I suspect that they will see JT as a pee wee level player trying to skate in the big leagues.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

I suspect that they will see JT as a pee wee level player trying to skate in the big leagues.

Maybe Happy Gilmore (as a hockey player).

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+1
Trudeau? Gretsky? I suppose.... Both have been tagged as prima donnas over time

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+3
#15  Top Rated Post
If only Gretzky had been a part time, high school dwama teacher and snowboard instructor.... Think of how much farther he could have gone

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+1
Yeah ... had he been a fishing guide, ski instructor, golf pro and a part-time teacher he could have been a right wing Ontario Premier

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

Yeah ... had he been a fishing guide, ski instructor, golf pro and a part-time teacher he could have been a right wing Ontario Premier

Harris was a full-time teacher and the best premier in my lifetime. Balanced budgets, booming economy, low unemployment, lefties' heads exploding as they rioted in front of Queer's Park.....

taxslave
Free Thinker
+2
trudOWe and Obummer. Two peas in a pod. I'm sure things will return to normal in November when The Donald becomes Prez.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

trudOWe and Obummer. Two peas in a pod. I'm sure things will return to normal in November when The Donald becomes Prez.

Um. . . January.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
Harris was a supply teacher for a little while at W J Fricker Public School, North Bay - a point he expanded into a career for political purpose. Apparently the fertilizer took....

Walter

Harris was a supply teacher for a little while at W J Fricker Public School, North Bay - a point he expanded into a career for political purpose. Apparently the fertilizer took....

He was a full-time teacher. Worked part-time at other jobs.

From Wiki:
He was employed as an elementary school teacher at W. J. Fricker Public School in North Bay where he taught grade seven and eight mathematics for several years in a new open-concept class of 120 students. He continued in his previous occupation as a ski-instructor at Nipissing Ridge on weekends as well as working at his father's fishing camp during the summer season. He eventually left the teaching profession as the success of the ski resort escalated.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
Wiki can be edited. It's not the best of sources - but if it serves your delusion, so be it....

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Um. . . January.

OK, split hairs, the election is the first Tues. in Nov. he climbs into the seat on Jan. 20.

Tecumsehsbones
Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Walter

Wiki can be edited. It's not the best of sources - but if it serves your delusion, so be it....

Go ahead and try to edit it; things have changed since the 90's.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
I bet you haven't....

The link does go on about Ipperwash and the killing of Dudley George - but it seems to have glossed over garbage, Ontario Northland and his Adams Mine scam with Minogue and McGuinty (not that one) On the whole, it doesn't paint Harris in a light that should be worshiped ... except among the unconscionable crowd.
Last edited by lone wolf; Apr 11th, 2016 at 02:05 PM..

JLM
No Party Affiliation
The title of the O.P. is pure, unadulterated & blatant Bullsh*t!

lone wolf
Free Thinker
Cowpie hockey?

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Not too many tampon users my age!

mentalfloss
Trudeau enjoys a 35 point lead over Ambrose as preferred Prime Minister in Nanos tracking | National Newswatch