What's Trump Done Now?


Mockingbird
Free Thinker
#7411
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Good he was a senior officer in the American Millitary , I believe he attended millitary college . Honour is part of the job . Because someone serves with honour and distinction doesn’t necessarily make them a good presidential candidate or good politician for that matter .


Did I state that it did?
 
Mockingbird
Free Thinker
#7412
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Your believe is just that . I minimized nothing , just like the Washington Post , I told the story .

Na, I'm sticking with minimized, and that's okay, don't let it get to you.
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#7413
You wouldn't know a good argument if it bit your dick off.
 
Mockingbird
Free Thinker
+1
#7414
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Exactly if you want the whole story don’t read the Post you will get smoking guns and bombshells , innuendo and hearsay . I told his story . I left out how he came home and rode his fame to a nice lush Senate seat and made out just fine .

Rode his fame? Okay, if that's the way you see it. Or is it possible that he was seen as a man of integrity and honor and maybe that aided him in his long career and garnered him respect from many of his colleagues. You just can't admit it can you? You seem to dislike him as much as "Orange Man Bad" does. Tell me, is it because Trump envied him so or is it just that you do?

Remind me though, how exactly did Draft Dodger Donny avoid going to Vietnam? I've heard rumors...
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#7415
Quote: Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post

Did I state that it did?

No but you are holding one man on a pedestal for doing what most in his position would have .
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+3
#7416
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

You wouldn't know a good argument if it bit your dick off.

Mockingbird is actually very good at discussion and debate she try’s to back up her position , unlike you . She also has a somewhat open mind and is able to modify her position if facts warrant .
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#7417
Quote: Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post

Rode his fame? Okay, if that's the way you see it. Or is it possible that he was seen as a man of integrity and honor and maybe that aided him in his long career and garnered him respect from many of his colleagues. You just can't admit it can you? You seem to dislike him as much as "Orange Man Bad" does. Tell me, is it because Trump envied him so or is it just that you do?

Remind me though, how exactly did Draft Dodger Donny avoid going to Vietnam? I've heard rumors...

Don’t have a clue about how , if or where President Trump skipped service , it has never been a prerequisite it my mind . I never criticized Bill Clinton for his war record , I am Canadian we do not glorify war and cannot remember the last Canadian PM who donned the uniform , why would I care about Americans if or not they did ?

As to the rest I believe I stated that he did the honourable thing . Nor did I state he should or should not have been a politician . You assume much that isn’t there .
 
Mockingbird
Free Thinker
+1
#7418
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

No but you are holding one man on a pedestal for doing what most in his position would have .

Hold him on a pedestal? Well if by that you mean I will respect a man who willingly made the sacrifice he did during wartime yes I will respect him for that, as I would any serviceman/woman for doing the same.
 
Avro52
#7419
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Are you trying to push buttons Avro ? Just trolling ? Or is that all you have ?

Just pointing out the sort of person you are.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
+2
#7420
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Mockingbird is actually very good at discussion and debate she try’s to back up her position , unlike you . She also has a somewhat open mind and is able to modify her position if facts warrant .


Yes, I find MB to be pretty wise and truthful!
 
Mockingbird
Free Thinker
#7421
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Don’t have a clue about how , if or where President Trump skipped service , it has never been a prerequisite it my mind . I never criticized Bill Clinton for his war record , I am Canadian we do not glorify war and cannot remember the last Canadian PM who donned the uniform , why would I care about Americans if or not they did ?
As to the rest I believe I stated that he did the honourable thing . Nor did I state he should or should not have been a politician . You assume much that isn’t there .


The popular story is that he missed the draft a total of five times, four for attending college and once for the false claim of heel spurs. Michael Cohen, yes I know, Michael Cohen. Before you say he's a bad source, remember that while he was still in Trump's good graces Trumpers believed every word he said. But yeah, Michael Cohen claims that Trump admitted to him that he made up the medical condition to avoid going to Vietnam.

Michael Cohen:

"Michael Cohen, who also worked as a fixer for Trump before his election, said he was tasked with tamping down criticism of the military deferment as the presidential candidate simultaneously mocked Sen. John McCain, a former prisoner of war in Vietnam, for being regarded as a military hero. “I like people who weren’t captured," Trump said during a July 2015 interview.

“Mr. Trump claimed (his medical deferment) was because of a bone spur, but when I asked for medical records, he gave me none and said there was no surgery,” Cohen told members of the House Oversight Committee. “He told me not to answer the specific questions by reporters but rather offer simply the fact that he received a medical deferment.

“He finished the conversation with the following comment: ‘You think I'm stupid, I wasn't going to Vietnam."


I'm Canadian as well, you may know, and I'm not glorifying war either, but can and do respect those who served.

I assumed perhaps, but your way of stating your point came across as both criticism and dismissing that he had a successful career, that it only came as a result of his service.
 
Mockingbird
Free Thinker
#7422
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Mockingbird is actually very good at discussion and debate she try’s to back up her position , unlike you . She also has a somewhat open mind and is able to modify her position if facts warrant .

Thank you pgs, I can say the same about you. We may butt heads but usually get across our respective points relatively unscathed. Well, most of the time.
 
Mockingbird
Free Thinker
#7423
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Yes, I find MB to be pretty wise and truthful!


Well, I have my moments, but I digress, lol.

Anyway, as are you sir. *A nod of my head in your general direction.*
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+1
#7424
Quote: Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post

The popular story is that he missed the draft a total of five times, four for attending college and once for the false claim of heel spurs. Michael Cohen, yes I know, Michael Cohen. Before you say he's a bad source, remember that while he was still in Trump's good graces Trumpers believed every word he said. But yeah, Michael Cohen claims that Trump admitted to him that he made up the medical condition to avoid going to Vietnam.

Michael Cohen:

"Michael Cohen, who also worked as a fixer for Trump before his election, said he was tasked with tamping down criticism of the military deferment as the presidential candidate simultaneously mocked Sen. John McCain, a former prisoner of war in Vietnam, for being regarded as a military hero. “I like people who weren’t captured," Trump said during a July 2015 interview.

“Mr. Trump claimed (his medical deferment) was because of a bone spur, but when I asked for medical records, he gave me none and said there was no surgery,” Cohen told members of the House Oversight Committee. “He told me not to answer the specific questions by reporters but rather offer simply the fact that he received a medical deferment.

“He finished the conversation with the following comment: ‘You think I'm stupid, I wasn't going to Vietnam."


I'm Canadian as well, you may know, and I'm not glorifying war either, but can and do respect those who served.

I assumed perhaps, but your way of stating your point came across as both criticism and dismissing that he had a successful career, that it only came as a result of his service.

Not at all , I have no criticism of McCains war record . He was a brave man and served his country . He was a poor choice as a presidential candidate , even though I wanted him to win .
However I generally am routing for the Republican . As I feel they are better economically, same with conservatives in Ottawa . A strong economy allows me to generate more income .
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+1
#7425
Quote: Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post

Thank you pgs, I can say the same about you. We may butt heads but usually get across our respective points relatively unscathed. Well, most of the time.

I try and call a spade a spade . If everyone thought the same the world would be a pretty boring place .
 
Tecumsehsbones
+2
#7426
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Not at all , I have no criticism of McCains war record . He was a brave man and served his country . He was a poor choice as a presidential candidate , even though I wanted him to win .
However I generally am routing for the Republican . As I feel they are better economically, same with conservatives in Ottawa . A strong economy allows me to generate more income .

Which is a bit odd, considering that in the second half of the 20th century and into the 21st, economic growth, as measured by the Dow Jones and GDP growth, has fared better under Democratic presidents than Republican presidents.

Not that I buy the notion that the president can do much about the economy, mind. Just buying into your fantasy for the purposes of this post.
 
Avro52
+1
#7427
Just give it up moron....


"Was just informed that the Fake News from the Thursday White House Press Conference had me speaking & asking questions of Dr. Deborah Birx. Wrong, I was speaking to our Laboratory expert, not Deborah, about sunlight etc. & the CoronaVirus. The Lamestream Media is corrupt & sick!"

-DJT

Transcript....remember those?

 
pgs
Free Thinker
#7428
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Which is a bit odd, considering that in the second half of the 20th century and into the 21st, economic growth, as measured by the Dow Jones and GDP growth, has fared better under Democratic presidents than Republican presidents.

Not that I buy the notion that the president can do much about the economy, mind. Just buying into your fantasy for the purposes of this post.

I knew that would come up . But as Democrats tend to be more protectionist Canada fares better under Republicans . I know my revenue has been rising steadily the last 4 years , after pretty much flatlining the previous 10 . I have also seen an increase to date this year despite the shutdown . I expect that to change mind you .
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+1
#7429
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro52 View Post

Just give it up moron....


"Was just informed that the Fake News from the Thursday White House Press Conference had me speaking & asking questions of Dr. Deborah Birx. Wrong, I was speaking to our Laboratory expert, not Deborah, about sunlight etc. & the CoronaVirus. The Lamestream Media is corrupt & sick!"

-DJT

Transcript....remember those?

Still howling at the moon ? Hey did you hear the orange man is bad.
 
DaSleeper
#7430
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

fukebook addict


And again


https://scontent.fyka1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...91&oe=5EC9A6E7
 
Avro52
#7431
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Still howling at the moon ? Hey did you hear the orange man is bad.

Defection once again.

Sad.
 
Avro52
+1
#7432
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

I try and call a spade a spade . If everyone thought the same the world would be a pretty boring place .

Yeah like.....”I don’t like people that were captured”. Basically calling POW’s failures.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#7433
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro52 View Post

Yeah like.....”I don’t like people that were captured”. Basically calling POW’s failures.

Yup still howling at the moon . Does it howl back ?
 
Mockingbird
Free Thinker
+2
#7434
Piers Morgan had a few things to say about Trump's disinfectant comment:

"SHUT THE F**K UP, PRESIDENT TRUMP.

Seriously.

Throughout this coronavirus crisis, the leader of the free world has turned the daily White House task force briefing into a rambling two-hour self-promoting rally.

He's devoted large chunks of them to trashing the media, attacking political opponents, telling us how great he is, and re-writing history as he tries to defend all the mistakes he's made since the virus first erupted.

And he's done all this while 50,000 Americans have died from COVID-19, the worst death toll in the world, and nearly a million cases have now been reported across the country.

But by far the most reckless and dangerous thing President Trump has done is use the most powerful podium on earth to air his batsh*t crazy theories about how to beat the virus.

And last night he stooped to a shameful new low by suggesting people suffering from COVID-19 should be injected with toxic disinfectant.

Yes, you read that right."


https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ll-people.html

And then, Trump broke up with him:

https://www.businessinsider.com/pres...heories-2020-4
 
Avro52
#7435
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Yup still howling at the moon . Does it howl back ?

Just clarifying what kind of person you are.

You don’t like POW’s.
 
Avro52
+1
#7436
Quote: Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post

Piers Morgan had a few things to say about Trump's disinfectant comment:
"SHUT THE F**K UP, PRESIDENT TRUMP.
Seriously.
Throughout this coronavirus crisis, the leader of the free world has turned the daily White House task force briefing into a rambling two-hour self-promoting rally.
He's devoted large chunks of them to trashing the media, attacking political opponents, telling us how great he is, and re-writing history as he tries to defend all the mistakes he's made since the virus first erupted.
And he's done all this while 50,000 Americans have died from COVID-19, the worst death toll in the world, and nearly a million cases have now been reported across the country.
But by far the most reckless and dangerous thing President Trump has done is use the most powerful podium on earth to air his batsh*t crazy theories about how to beat the virus.
And last night he stooped to a shameful new low by suggesting people suffering from COVID-19 should be injected with toxic disinfectant.
Yes, you read that right."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ll-people.html
And then, Trump broke up with him:
https://www.businessinsider.com/pres...heories-2020-4


Geez, he’s even lost one of his biggest boot lickers.
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1
#7437
 
Avro52
+1
#7438
“Disinfectant in the body - you know what they call that? They call that embalming - that’s the medical term,”

-Pelosi
 
justducky
#7439
New press conference Monday. He could not stay away. I'm having a bath right then for sure.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#7440
Quote: Originally Posted by justducky View Post

New press conference Monday. He could not stay away. I'm having a bath right then for sure.

Good make sure you add some life saving Lysol .