Editorial sparks outrage


karrie
#1
A St Albert resident wrote an editorial for the St Albert Gazette complaining, in short, that he doesn't want Habitat for Humanity building projects in his community because he feels that St Albert is of a higher standard than low income Edmonton. He even went so far as to attach his full name and that of his wife, to his letter. The backlash from the community has been harsh to say the least. As a business owner, his company, which markets itself as 'ALL heart', has been targeted by campaigns to boycott their business and even chase them out of town.

The unique power of the internet to express displeasure is astounding and terrifying. Imagine, having to deal with everyone with 10 spare seconds in their day being able to send you their disapproval, rather than the way it would have been in the past, where only those truly angry enough would take the time to write a letter, etc.
 
lone wolf
#2
If he's lucky, he won't have a cardboard box camp in his front yard.
 
Ron in Regina
#3
Right now, & I mean Right Now , there are 26 members logged in on the Forum,
and another 2,685 people reading through it....Trippy, eh?
 
lone wolf
#4
I claim no responsibility for the camp-out....
 
karrie
#5
That is crazy Ron.
 
DaSleeper
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

Right now, & I mean Right Now , there are 26 members logged in on the Forum,
and another 2,685 people reading through it....Trippy, eh?

Could it be the whole Canadian content web site......not just... the forum?????
 
Ron in Regina
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Could it be the whole Canadian content web site......not just... the forum?????


That's what I meant. The Site = the Forum...not this Thread specificly. Still Trippy though.
 
Machjo
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

A St Albert resident wrote an editorial for the St Albert Gazette complaining, in short, that he doesn't want Habitat for Humanity building projects in his community because he feels that St Albert is of a higher standard than low income Edmonton. He even went so far as to attach his full name and that of his wife, to his letter. The backlash from the community has been harsh to say the least. As a business owner, his company, which markets itself as 'ALL heart', has been targeted by campaigns to boycott their business and even chase them out of town.

The unique power of the internet to express displeasure is astounding and terrifying. Imagine, having to deal with everyone with 10 spare seconds in their day being able to send you their disapproval, rather than the way it would have been in the past, where only those truly angry enough would take the time to write a letter, etc.

That's sick. If one does not want to help the local community, fair enough. But to actually actively stand in the way of those who've volunteered either time or money to help those less fortunate?

He needs to get a heart.
 
Johnnny
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

Right now, & I mean Right Now , there are 26 members logged in on the Forum,
and another 2,685 people reading through it....Trippy, eh?

My fans love me everywhere i go, they wait for me to post to see the awesome cool stuff i say
 

Similar Threads

17
Nazi royal picture sparks outrage
by Blackleaf | Jan 5th, 2007
1
Visa denial sparks outrage
by I think not | Feb 23rd, 2006