CNN-YouTube Democratic debate

Kreskin
Did you watch any of it? I liked the format. A little less stuffy. Added some fun to a drab event.

Who was that guy, Mike Gravel or Gavel? He sounds and looks like an angry sourpuss. He doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell of getting elected President.

John Edwards seems like an ok guy but he's a little too melodramatic. He also talks like he has food stuffed in his cheeks.

Hilary - well she's doing ok. Can't wait for Bill to get back into the oval office. He has some unfinished work.

Obama - I wish he would stop with the hand gestures. He looks like he's holding a basketball when he talks. His handlers should tie his hands behind his back. He's another abit too melodramatic. Him and Edwards seem to feel a need to make a Jack Kennedy-style statement everytime they speak.

I like Joe Biden. Tells it like it is and has a sense of humour.

So, what do you think..either of the show or the candidates?

Unforgiven
I liked Obama actually. Clinton was sharp as usual but I think she has some weak points that she hasn't address so much. Edwards seems like a politician to me. Very adept at not answering a question or answering a question that wasn't asked instead. So of the others just seemed two dimensional. Format was alright, but still it's all just so scripted.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post

I liked Obama actually. Clinton was sharp as usual but I think she has some weak points that she hasn't address so much. Edwards seems like a politician to me. Very adept at not answering a question or answering a question that wasn't asked instead. So of the others just seemed two dimensional. Format was alright, but still it's all just so scripted.

True about Edwards. He always has something to say but it's not usually an answer to the question. Clinton was better than I've seen her before. Before her voice sounded like Bob Dole. Last night she spoke in a better tone and even showed a sense of humour. Obama is ok. He sure ducked out of that question (or attack) on special interest money. When Gravel said he lied about not taking it pointing out who has accepted from, Obama responded by saying the only reason he knows that is because of his legislation. (ok?) He didn't deny it but managed to escape with that as a rebuttal. It was a weird exchange.

Dreadful Nonsense
Do you think it's a given that it will be Hilary as pres and Obama as vice...Great ticket, i don't think you could lose.
Bet it would end up with the largest voter turn out ever.

I really liked Hilary's remark that she is just what is needed for Muslim world to see as an American president.

Colpy
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by DocDred View Post

Do you think it's a given that it will be Hilary as pres and Obama as vice...Great ticket, i don't think you could lose.
Bet it would end up with the largest voter turn out ever.

I really liked Hilary's remark that she is just what is needed for Muslim world to see as an American president.

The Muslim world doesn't give a damn who is president of the "Great Satan". Especially considering Obama is a Christian, and would be playing second fiddle to a woman........

The only way a Clinton/Obama ticket could win, IMHO, is if many, many Republicans stayed home, and the name CLINTON would garauntee that doesn't happen.

90% of blacks vote Democratic anyway, although Obama might get more to the polls...........he could do that better as the lead on the ticket.

It all depends on who the GOP run..........I had very high hopes for McCain.......but he seems to be fading.

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

The Muslim world doesn't give a damn who is president of the "Great Satan". Especially considering Obama is a Christian, and would be playing second fiddle to a woman........

I think the playing second fiddle to a woman was even more of what she had in mind. It was an in your face comment

The only way a Clinton/Obama ticket could win, IMHO, is if many, many Republicans stayed home, and the name CLINTON would garauntee that doesn't happen.

Really? I thought everyone liked Clinton..and thats in red not sarcastic mauve....

90% of blacks vote Democratic anyway, although Obama might get more to the polls...........he could do that better as the lead on the ticket.

It all depends on who the GOP run..........I had very high hopes for McCain.......but he seems to be fading.you like McCain... I like him when he is on Letterman. He speaks to you not down to you. You get the idea he is regular

I just don't dig on the republicans getting in again. Too much of that is way too hard on the world. They really need a kinder gentler machine gun hand...gotta love ole Neil

I think not
Quote: Originally Posted by DocDred View Post

I just don't dig on the republicans getting in again. Too much of that is way too hard on the world. They really need a kinder gentler machine gun hand...gotta love ole Neil

Bush has soured many Republicans, but Bush isn't a conservative. Guiliani is running high at the moment, I think in the end it will be a Clinton Guilliani showdown, and it will be a tough call. New Yorkers at least like both.

Curiosity
My first vote here as a newly landed immigrant...... and I don't like any of the announced candidates of either party ..... what's a newbie to do?

I have to vote....that was the point of my whole exercise in joining .... this isn't easy at all.

MikeyDB
ITN

If Bush isn't a conservative what is he?

thomaska
As much as it pains me to say it, I just don't think America is ready for a black president or a woman president. That sucks..but what sucks even worse is that the black man and the woman who are running are Obama and Clinton. Perhaps our prejudices will save us from utter ruin under these two...

And yeah, you ask how could they do any worse than Bush?

I'm sure they would find a way.

EagleSmack
I'll will be honest. The odds of Hillary or Obama winning the White House is going to be very slim. I agree the country is sick of Bush and it is time for him to go. However I think a Gulliani or McCaine will defeat either of them. The people like both of them. The GOP will sweep the south and a good portion of the midwest. They will also grab a couple of NE states and that will be that.

MikeyDB
Can anyone tell me...if Bush isn't a conservative....what is he?

I think not
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeyDB View Post

Can anyone tell me...if Bush isn't a conservative....what is he?

He's an extremist with extreme views. Much like yourself.

normbc9
Conservative
Hillary is an "artful Dodger" avoiding the quaetions she knows will be damaging to her quest. Doris Kearns Godwin on todays "Meet the Press" put it best. Who is artcukltae enough out of this group to state ther position, stand by in debate and then have enough leadership skills to push that agenda forward in bth the Congress and with the American people. she doesn't se anyone on either side maesuers up to those requirements but she is watching Mike Bloomberg closely. He has the funds to be a candidate who can fund his own campaign without owing any pay backs to anyone in any quarter.

normbc9
Conservative
Hillary is avoiding the real question. I don't care how much she knows or who she pals with the issue is can she muster enough support to carry her agenda? I don't think she can either from the American people or the Congress. Obama is young, articulate and a man with a dream and a plan. It is premature fopr him but he was pressuered into this nomination race. he will get better know though. All the others have their individual ideas but none has the charisma to carry the nomination at this time. There is still a lot of time left and much can happen in that time frame. In my opinion the Democrat who could lead this nation and do a great job is Senator Joe Liebermann but he isn't interested at this time. I sure hope he will reconsider his position. None of the exosting Democratic candidates catch my attention and I sure won't be voting for the party members with which I am registered with. The truth has completely eluded them.

JoeSchmoe
If Hillary or Obama win the race, the Republicans will keep the presidency. Not enough Americans will vote for a woman or a black person.

If a white dude wins then the Dems will win by default.... the Republicans buggered things up bad!! (understatement of the year)