The US Poor Get Screwed Again

missile
Conservative
Yesterday,the House voted for the 700 million dollar cut in the welfare stamp program, while voting down a plan to withdraw troops from Iraq 400 to 3. It is time for yet another American Revolution

bhoour
I have said it before and will say it again.........
Some where in Texas there is a village without it's IDIOT

meitme
they are really just making it a world were the rich live well and the poor live terribley the ultimate capiltaist world.

GL Schmitt
In my eyes, their new world order is a place where those born very rich get to become very, very rich doing whatever the hell they please, taking advantage of the perpetual state of war, while the poor get to choose between starving to death with their family, or volunteering to become cannon fodder.

You know, like how it says things should be in the Bible?

Nascar_James
Quote: Originally Posted by missile

Yesterday,the House voted for the 700 million dollar cut in the welfare stamp program, while voting down a plan to withdraw troops from Iraq 400 to 3. It is time for yet another American Revolution

I fully agree with the welfare cuts. In many areas of the US, there should be no excuse for able bodied persons to collect welfare. Where I'm living, many businesses have "now hiring" signs and billboards posted everywhere. These available jobs range in everything from customer service reps., receptionists, store managers, cooks, certified mechanics, hair stylists, police officers ...etc. I've also seen many signs plastered all over in regards to jobs available for non-experienced persons such as delivery, fast food work, Wal Mart, department store/super market work.

With all these unfilled jobs, what valid reason would there be for an able bodied person to collect welfare?

GL Schmitt
Quote: Originally Posted by Nascar_James

I fully agree with the welfare cuts.. .

You would!

You are certainly trying to live up to your Avatar, Jimbo.

The American Bald Eagle, eats carrion, never attacks anything as large as itself, and is rapidly becoming extinct.

How appropriate!

Nascar_James
Quote: Originally Posted by GL Schmitt

You would!

The American Bald Eagle, eats carrion, never attacks anything as large as itself, and is rapidly becoming extinct.

How appropriate!

I was thinking of it more in the context of FREEDOM

GL Schmitt

I was thinking of it more in the context of FREEDOM

I know, Jimbo, but the posters here have already seen how faulty your thinking is.

I think not

You would!

How appropriate!

The bald eagle eats fish, smaller birds and rodents to my knowledge. It has been off the endangered species list since 2000. There are over 100,000 of them in North America, half of which are in Alaska, I think.

You're in the mood of mocking a countrys national symbol, I'll refrain from responding in kind.

GL Schmitt
Quote: Originally Posted by I think not

. . .You're in the mood of mocking a countrys national symbol, I'll refrain from responding in kind.

I think Canada, a country that was opened up by young European men searching for beaver, has a hilarious icon.

England has a lion and it's not even an indigenous animal. Chosen to celebrate how many times they were invaded, I suppose.

National icons are mostly a joke. If you take them too seriously, you will become one, too.

#juan
No Party Affiliation
And what is wrong with young men in search of beaver? A perfectly natural passtime.

GL Schmitt
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan

And what is wrong with young men in search of beaver? A perfectly natural passtime.

Not a thing #juan, I just think that celebrating the pastime on our money is rather out of character.

There is nothing more convulsing than a numismatist offering to show you his five-cent beaver.

#juan
No Party Affiliation
I tend to agree GL

I have a coin collection, and I once told someone I was a numismatist. He asked me what I was taking for it....

Nascar_James

You would!

How appropriate!

The bald eagle eats fish, smaller birds and rodents to my knowledge. It has been off the endangered species list since 2000. There are over 100,000 of them in North America, half of which are in Alaska, I think.

You're in the mood of mocking a countrys national symbol, I'll refrain from responding in kind.

Hey I Think Not, hope you're back on this forum. You're one of the few left of centers who's actually a moderate here. A refreshing change from the radical left that reflects many of the postings on this forum.

As a moderate right of center myself, I know all too well how pitiful (and sometimes comical) it can be to hear the extremists viewpoints.

I think not

Hey I Think Not, hope you're back on this forum. You're one of the few left of centers who's actually a moderate here. A refreshing change from the radical left that reflects many of the postings on this forum.

Left of center and moderate eh? Well thanks. Last time I was here, I was called a ne-ocon.

As a moderate right of center myself, I know all too well how pitiful (and sometimes comical) it can be to hear the extremists viewpoints.

I thought you were a neo-con also

Nascar_James

Left of center and moderate eh? Well thanks. Last time I was here, I was called a ne-ocon.

I thought you were a neo-con also

Nope. You're clearly not a radical or right of center, ITN. If we base our viewpoints on a US political scale, then we are both moderates. You'd fall just left of center. I'd be right of center.

However, if we were to use a non-calibrated Canadian political scale (which has the center mark offset way to the left), then you'd be a moderate right of center and I'd be an extreme right wing radical.

What scares the hell outta me is I keep hearing the term neo-con so often, that I might actaully start believing it. The power of suggestion is not to be underestimated.

no1important
Quote:

The power of suggestion is not to be underestimated.

Well at least it is wearing off down in America, if ever so slightly.

GL Schmitt
Great stuff, ITN and Jimbo!

Havenít seen such a smooth, "After you, Alphonse ó No, you first, my dear Gaston!" routine in a dogís age.

no1important
House OKs budget bill cutting $50 billion in aid
Medicaid, food stamps, student loans take a hit

Washington -- House Republicans, after weeks of negotiations, narrowly passed a budget bill early Friday to cut $50 billion from Medicaid, food stamps, student loans and other programs over the complaints of Democrats that Congress is squeezing students, the elderly and the poor to pay for tax cuts for the rich.

Typical right wing government. Beat up the poor.

I think not

Great stuff, ITN and Jimbo!

Havenít seen such a smooth, "After you, Alphonse ó No, you first, my dear Gaston!" routine in a dogís age.

Perhaps because you're too busy playing Larry, Moe and Curly..........solo.

Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk.

GL Schmitt

Perhaps because you're too busy playing Larry, Moe and Curly..........solo.

Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk.

You know what they say:

Three heads are better than two.

unclepercy

You would!

How appropriate!

Oh, God, I've been called a neocon too - that's OK. I don't care.
You could can me a hamburger, and I wouldn't give a flip. I know what I am, and that's what matters. I also enjoy ITN's posts.

Uncle

Rascal

What scares the hell outta me is I keep hearing the term neo-con so often, that I might actaully start believing it. The power of suggestion is not to be underestimated.

You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ...

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Rascal

You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ... You are a hypocrite and a bigot, please go away ...

think it will work? :P :P

#juan
No Party Affiliation
Quote:

Last summer I watched a Bald Eagle get too close to the cliff side nest of a pair of Perigrine Falcons. One of the Falcons, I don't know if it was the male or the female, took that eagle out with one strike. The eagle fell like a rock, followed by a few feathers I was surprised because the falcon wasn't a quarter the size of the eagle. We have many bald eagles on Vancouver Island and they take a lot of baby ducks and geese, and frankly, I would like to see fewer of them.

Andygal
Yes bald eagles prey on the smaller and weaker animals.

A fitting national animal for a nation that preys on it's helpless poor and on countries that can't defend themselves.

peapod
Interesting thread Well think has been back for a bit, the bald eagle belongs to no one, least of all america, think DDT.

I think not
Quote: Originally Posted by Andygal

Yes bald eagles prey on the smaller and weaker animals.

A fitting national animal for a nation that preys on it's helpless poor and on countries that can't defend themselves.

Heh.

Summer
Interesting, the comment about Canada's political spectrum having a center point "offset way to the left" (sorry, can't be bothered to go back and C&P that exactly).

Apparently some people are unaware that most of the Western world uses that spectrum and that it is in fact the U.S. version that is offset, having its center point far to the right of where it normally falls.

Reverend Blair
Exactly, Summer. Suggesting that the US political spectrum is, or should be, representative of anything outside of the United States is basically ignoring the rest of the world.

Canada's centre point, as demonstrated by the Liberal party moving right and the Conservative Party' wish to be a mini-me of the Republicans, has actually moved the Canadian political spectrum to the right in recent years as well. Fortunately that is balanced by there being two other left of centre parties in Parliament.