225 to Attend Climate Change Conference

Colpy
Conservative
+5
#1  Top Rated Post
Quote:

In a gratuitously spectacular display of counterproductive hypocrisy, an anticipated 225 Canadians will jet to Morocco to denounce the use of fossil fuels.

Canada’s catalogue of participants is so large it takes up the better part of eight pages in the United Nations list of attendees. Australia’s delegation can fit on two pages, as can China’s, which has 38 times Canada’s population and immensely greater emissions issues to deal with. France, which hosted last year’s conference, has five pages of names. While some Canadian delegates are footing their own bills, federal, provincial and municipal governments will pay the lion’s share of costs.

The bloated size of the crowd extends a tradition started last year, when 335 Canadians attended the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Paris, including Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, who is not attending the follow-up event in Marrakech. It may be that that gathering was worth attending, as it supposedly set out a bold new direction for combating man-made climate change and signalled a global commitment to take decisive action. Optics aside, they weren’t there to do serious work.

John Robson: When 225 Canadians jet to Morocco to ‘fight climate change’, they emit clouds of hypocrisy | National Post

Read the entire article. The elite fly off to Morocco for a week in the sun, spending your dollars and making a complete farce out of their "concern" about GHG..........

Bastards.

1.6% og GHG emissions come from Canada. How about 1.6% of delegates??

These idiots are going to slap you with carbon taxes, after they party for a week on your dollar, producing the carbon footprint of a substantial town.

But the peasants must pay! And conserve!

Quote:

Nobody, except, oddly, the participants, could overlook the damage to the planet caused by hordes of hangers-on jetting across oceans and continents to preach restraint. It is just too easy for critics to jeer at this hypocrisy as proof that the alarmists don’t really take global warming seriously. Why would any working Canadian leave their car at home and crowd onto a bus for the bleak commute through a wintery morning, knowing environmental evangelists think it’s fine to fly 255 Canadians to Morocco for a week in the sun?

Donald Trump was elected president because of disgust at displays like this. Next time, send 20 people. Practise what you preach.

Or even better, send none.

Danbones
Free Thinker
+1
control food water energy and currency
you can control people and countries
and the elites hope...planets

Dixie Cup
Conservative
+3
They're hypocrites and too self-absorbed to even realize it!!

JMHO

mentalfloss
You can't be a climate denier and condemn this.

That's where the real hypocrisy lies.

Locutus
+4
sounds like a get together of the student council...the so-called popular kids.

have these self-righteous cucks ever heard of telecommuting?

but anyway...Lol

mentalfloss
+1
A multinational teleconference won't work well.

Locutus
+4
liberalism is a mental disorder.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

How could you possibly come up with something that dumb? It is a total waste of tax dollars. We understand the irony of globull warming truthers jetting around the world to talk about lowering the carbon footprint would be over your head.
We need to exit the UN.

Ludlow
No Party Affiliation
+2
Gee. Imagine that. Wasteful spending in government. It's shocking. Absolutely shocking.......CUBS WIN ! CUBS WIN.!

Colpy
Conservative
+1

Excuse me?

I do not have to be a believer to point out hypocrisy.

That's like saying you have to be a Trump voter to point out the contradictions in his "platform"

In other words, "oh BullShytte"!

EagleSmack
+2
What are they going to talk about?

Perhaps that there is not going to be a cash windfall after all?

Well... maybe China can fill that gap.

*snicker*

darkbeaver
Republican
+3

Never mind the hypocricy. Where;s the your logic?

On the tans you mean?

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

On the tans you mean?

PoliticalNick
Free Thinker
+5

I used to work for a large multi-national corp. 98,000 employees in 58 countries. We had teleconferences and webinars all the time. Worked just fine and saved the company a ton of money which was reflected in our profit-share program.

Remington1
+2
Embarasing really. We look like overzealous fools. The Canadians are taking all the seats. Leave 200 at the hotel please. We have the highest amount of people there by far. An excuse maybe to visit Marrakech, but seriously man! What a juvenile bunch.

personal touch
Bloc Québécois
Do you think the coal barons will be there,or do you think they will hire lobbyists to be their voice of swag?

???????
What year?

What year?

What year?

Having problems posting what I want

The question is in response to PoliticalNicks writing
What year did you have such authority?

PoliticalNick
Free Thinker
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Remington1 View Post

Embarasing really. We look like overzealous fools. The Canadians are taking all the seats. Leave 200 at the hotel please. We have the highest amount of people there by far. An excuse maybe to visit Marrakech, but seriously man! What a juvenile bunch.

Morocco is supposed to be quite nice. I haven't had the chance to visit yet but hope to.

personal touch
Bloc Québécois
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNick View Post

Morocco is supposed to be quite nice. I haven't had the chance to visit yet but hope to.

Hefty insurance for the elderly

darkbeaver
Republican
+2

They are the same bunch Trump is thumping in America, enemies of the state openly squandering the public welfare. At least they'll have nice tans.

They should be subjected to an review, immeadiately surrender the hundreds of thousands of pages of detailed notes to boltser the publics opinion of money well spent by a progressive and dedicated plan to overcome the physics of this solar system. Thier notes should be hilarious.

pgs
Free Thinker
+4

Good ole Morrocan hashish is readily available in Marikeesh don't you know , pass the hookah .

Mowich
Conservative

At least they'll have nice tans.

Quote:

They should be subjected to a review, immeadiately surrender the hundreds of thousands of pages of detailed notes to boltser the publics opinion of money well spent by a progressive and dedicated plan to overcome the physics of this solar system. Thier notes should be hilarious.

They are and rather continuously it appears...................they just don't care.

John Ivison: Liberals borrowing to keep the lights on | National Post

darkbeaver
Republican
Journalism must be held in the highest esteem adhering to the highest standards. They must be celebate.
Last edited by darkbeaver; Nov 16th, 2016 at 09:32 PM..

10larry
+1
C'mon give our overworked public servants a break..casablanca, bogart, bergman...marrakesh.... romance and intrique, what self respecting pencil pusher could resist justins offer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7XIL67QSME

Dixie Cup
Conservative
+3

HUH? That doesn't even make sense - where's the hypocrisy??

Why can't I condemn and not believe in climate change? (Well, to clarify, I do believe in climate change - after all we have 4 seasons but that's not relevant to this discussion) We still have free speech and can't be arrested ..... yet. I'm sure that's in the pipeline though.

This is hypocrisy Flossie only it's my version: I'm sure there are others who will agree - or not.

Invent a crisis (climate change). Then, using the same crisis (climate change) as a reason to solve said crisis (climate change), using other peoples money to solve said crisis (climate change). They will then utilize transportation (that supposedly adds to said crisis - climate change - no hypocrisy there) and will likely make horrendously expensive various modes of travel which will affect everyone and everything by taxing the hell out of it. (aka carbon). But because they're using other peoples (tax) money, any increase in costs will not affect them 'cuz "they're the ones who "care" about the planet" apparently) while they continue to travel to exotic places to address said crisis (climate change).

THEN, behind closed doors, they will decide, along with your elected representatives who have swallowed the "crisis pill" abide by rules made by those who are not elected, (UN among others).

That flossie is hypocrisy!

Dixie

pgs
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

HUH? That doesn't even make sense - where's the hypocrisy??

Why can't I condemn and not believe in climate change? (Well, to clarify, I do believe in climate change - after all we have 4 seasons but that's not relevant to this discussion) We still have free speech and can't be arrested ..... yet. I'm sure that's in the pipeline though.

This is hypocrisy Flossie only it's my version: I'm sure there are others who will agree - or not.

Invent a crisis (climate change). Then, using the same crisis (climate change) as a reason to solve said crisis (climate change), using other peoples money to solve said crisis (climate change). They will then utilize transportation (that supposedly adds to said crisis - climate change - no hypocrisy there) and will likely make horrendously expensive various modes of travel which will affect everyone and everything by taxing the hell out of it. (aka carbon). But because they're using other peoples (tax) money, any increase in costs will not affect them 'cuz "they're the ones who "care" about the planet" apparently) while they continue to travel to exotic places to address said crisis (climate change).

THEN, behind closed doors, they will decide, along with your elected representatives who have swallowed the "crisis pill" abide by rules made by those who are not elected, (UN among others).

That flossie is hypocrisy!

Dixie

He will not even bother to read your post . But I like it .

Remington1
The Toronto Star just announced: "The federal Liberals are providing $25 million to a UN relief agency for Palestinian refugees that was cut off by the previous Conservative government for alleged ties to Hamas". This org is UNWRA who supports Hamas and uses humanitarian aid to fund terrorism. I would hope some of the money does go to the refugees, but I'm wondering how much. If all the funding given to this org was on the up and ups, they would have resettled some Palestinians by now, seems the pouring in of millions and millions is more logical. Is UNWRA teaching tolerance or intolerance, some critics say they are teaching intolerance. On their website, UNWRA employees were calling on 'stabbing zionist pigs", ummm no so blissful.

bobnoorduyn
Free Thinker
+2

The Toronto Star just announced: "The federal Liberals are providing $25 million to a UN relief agency for Palestinian refugees that was cut off by the previous Conservative government for alleged ties to Hamas". This org is UNWRA who supports Hamas and uses humanitarian aid to fund terrorism. I would hope some of the money does go to the refugees, but I'm wondering how much. If all the funding given to this org was on the up and ups, they would have resettled some Palestinians by now, seems the pouring in of millions and millions is more logical. Is UNWRA teaching tolerance or intolerance, some critics say they are teaching intolerance. On their website, UNWRA employees were calling on 'stabbing zionist pigs", ummm no so blissful.

I don't like to make predictions, but I wonder just when the Libs will reinstate charitable status to groups who collect money, (extortion) that are connected to the LTTE. Seems progressives, including Libs, love to spout one of the most idiotic statements made by non lobotomized humans, "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter".

Ludlow
No Party Affiliation

Journalism must be held in the highest esteem adhering to the highest standards. They must be celebate.

no you will

Murphy
Conservative
I was gonna go, but I got rained out.

bobnoorduyn
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

I was gonna go, but I got rained out.

Better that than reigned in. Or better to be pi$$ed off than pi$$ed on.