Some interesting things: Ryan has only passed two pieces of legislation into law. By pieces of legislation what I mean is, he sponsored either a bill or an amendment. Ryan's stuff:
1. H.R. 4241 "To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1818 Milton Avenue in Janesville, Wisconsin, as the 'Les Aspin Post Office Building'." passed the House on 6/6/2000, and was signed into law by President Bill Clinton on 7/6/2000.
2. H.R. 5394 "To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to modify the taxation of arrow components." passed by the House on 12/4/2004 and signed into law by President George W. Bush on12/23/2004 (Arrows, as in bowhunting. This bill was supported by the archery trade association.)
What is the same metric when applied to Obama?
1. S. 2125 Democratic Republic of the Congo Relief, Security, and Democracy Promotion Act of 2006, passed by the Senate 6/29/2006 and signed by Bush on 12/22/2006.
2. S. AMDT. 390 "To provide meal and telephone benefits for members of the Armed Forces who are recuperating from injuries incurred on active duty in Operation Iraqi Freedom or Operation Enduring Freedom." became part of H.R. 1268 on 4/14/2005 which was then signed by Bush on 5/11/2005
3. S.AMDT. 808 "To establish a program to develop Fischer-Tropsch transportation fuels from Illinois basin coal." became part of H.R. 6 on 6/23/2005 which then signed by Bush on 8/4/2005.
4. S. AMDT. 851 "To require the Secretary to establish a Joint Flexible Fuel/Hybrid Vehicle Commercialization Initiative, and for other purposes." became part of H.R. 6 on 6/23/2005 which was then signed by Bush on 8/4/2005.
5. S. AMDT. 1061 "To provide that none of the funds made available in this Act may be used in contravention of 15 U.S.C. section 2682(c)(3) or to delay the implementation of that section." became part of H.R. 2361 on 6/28/2005 which was then signed on 7/29/2005. (This is an amendment to the annual appropriations bill funding the Department of the Interior)
6. S. AMDT. 1264 "To support a United States contribution to the Special Court for Sierra Leone." which became part of H.R. 3057 on 7/19/2005 which was signed 11/10/2005.
7. S. AMDT. 2301 "To increase funds to the Thurgood Marshall Legal Educational Opportunity Program and to the Office of Special Education Programs of the Department of Education for the purposes of expanding positive behavioral interventions and supports." which became part of H.R. 3010 on 10/27/2005 which was signed 12/30/2005.
8. S. 906 Mercury Export Ban Act of 2008 passed by the Senate 9/26/2008 and signed by Bush on 10/14/2008.
9. S. AMDT. 41 "To require lobbyists to disclose the candidates, leadership PACs, or political parties for whom they collect or arrange contributions, and the aggregate amount of the contributions collected or arranged." became part of S. 1 on 1/18/2007 which was signed 9/4/2007.